WORK FROM HOME – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a large omnichannel retailer in its search for an Email Marketing Manager. My client is based in the Southeastern United States, and we were engaged for this search by the firm’s new head of Marketing — whom we know from previous experience is a total A-player. We also just completed a search for this client’s new Director of Digital Marketing.
About the Company
As an innovator in the footwear trade for more than 100 years, our client offers a wide selection of famous footwear brands for women, men, and kids. The firm’s selection covers the athletic (60%), comfort, dress, and casual categories — and its superior customer service, convenience, and value position it for future growth.
How many pairs of shoes do you own? Several, probably. Like everyone.
In the last few years, increasing disposable income and ecommerce sales have driven growth in the footwear market — fueled by higher AOVs and SKUs spanning a wide range of price points. Having said that, more retailers have entered the industry, especially online.
As a result, operators are forced to compete on the basis of price and oftentimes cut prices or offer promotions to attract customers and remain competitive. Regardless: Through 2024, IBIS World expects the footwear market to reach $101 billion, as shoe prices increase and higher quality merch is rolled out.
About the Role
Last year, the client’s ecommerce business reached nine figures, and the plan is for YOU to lead Email marketing for it this year. The email marketing manager will work cross-functionally to lead strategy and execution of all email programs including campaign-related, transactional flows, and segmented/targeted outreach.
To win in this role, you will need to be organized and work ahead, but remain flexible enough to adjust as required. Collaboration, organization, and communication are key to success in the role. Can you handle that?
NOTE: This position will be REMOTE but some travel to the corporate office will be required. Given that this role is remote, we are looking for someone with very strong communication skills since most interactions will be via phone and video.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing, building, and designing email templates and programs, with strong HTML & CSS skills required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) or similar marketing automation platform is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of responsive design, HTML, CSS, Excel, and Google Analytics
- Understanding of how aspects of a marketing program impact email deliverability (i.e., opt-ins, message content, design, delivery, list management, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices for email creative and templates, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies
- Experience making data-driven decisions using analytics, A/B testing, and campaign reports and dashboards
- Basic knowledge of SQL and or SQL Server Management Studio preferred.
- Experience with campaign setup, audience segmentation using “and/or” statement clauses, email deployment, HTML editing, delivery monitoring and reporting
- Must be creative, extremely detail-oriented and organized
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Performs day-to-day email marketing tasks including email calendar management, campaign set-up, designing, scheduling, testing, automated campaigns, and client sponsored emails
- Manages end-to-end email campaign production and execution, including planning, list segmentation, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization
- Builds, tests, and deploys email campaigns including editing copy, layout, links, complex dynamic and personalized content
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to create and deliver highly targeted marketing campaigns, emails, retention/reactivation programs, and customer success communications
- Maintains QA process to ensure all communications are brand compliant
- Will manage one direct report and oversee other indirect reports.
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing and develops new email campaigns that drive engagement and revenue
- Devises new email strategies to improve overall channel performance, including creative optimization, AB Split testing, developing automated and triggered campaigns
- Reports on results and provide insights and recommendations to the marketing organization
- Partners with the reporting and analytics team to execute, test and validate lifecycle and audience segmentation theories and methodologies, measure campaign performance
- Identifies enhancements needed to increase email list growth, decrease opt-out rate and increase email performance
- Creates scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign setup, conversion, nurturing, and database management
- Monitors email analytics, analyzing actual results and trends against forecasts
- Demonstrated proficiency with a marketing automation tool (preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and a CRM (preferably Salesforce)
- Experience creating assets with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Illustrator required, InDesign and Premiere Pro preferred)
- Strong knowledge of digital file formats and their best use cases
- Knowledge of landing page and email marketing best practices is required, advanced experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud email and landing page template design and HTML a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions and assess the success of marketing programs
- Strong problem solving and issue-resolution skills
- Passionate about processes, automation, and information systems
- Working understanding of direct marketing best practices, including email best practices and industry standards, CAN-SPAM laws, content creation, list management and targeting, knowledge of dynamic content and campaign automation
- Strong attention to detail in grammar, design, development, and strategic approach
Project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and managing complicated projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically while possessing the technical capabilities to drive execution
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time
- Thrives in a fast-paced, self-directed, and evolving environment with competing priorities
- Strong ability to work with team members across the organization to gather information, request assistance, and provide support
- Gains knowledge about team members’ roles to enable quick resolution of client issues
- Maintains strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to all internal and external customers
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.