NEW YORK, NY 10019 – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major children’s footwear brand in their search for a proven Senior Director of Ecommerce based in New York, New York — the town so nice they named it twice. If you are a rising star in the world of DTC ecommerce, you will dig this high visibility role located near Columbus Circle.
This role is MONDAY-THURSDAY IN-OFFICE and local candidates are strongly preferred. But the office is in a very hip area, if you’re already based in metro-NYC, you’ll know exactly where this is …
Our client seeks a marquee Senior Director of DTC Ecommerce to join its profitable, growing, children’s footwear division. In this position, you will be responsible for leading the strategy, development, and execution of the firm’s primary $30 million DTC children’s footwear site — plus two other promising DTC sites, along with its $40 million Amazon 1P business.
You know the brand. You’ve held their product. You’ve been in their stores.
If you’ve been waiting to market a product that will impress your friends and family at the next July 4th cookout, look no further. Everyone will say, “Oh, I love that brand!” I just spend thirty minutes reviewing their DTC site, and as a father of six kids, the product brought back a flood of fond memories.
I’ve worked with this client twice before — once in 2017 (Director of Ecom), and again just recently (Sr. Merch Mgr). Both of those searches turned out beautifully.
My 2017 placement led the firm’s end-to-end ecom strategy and roadmap, spanning customer acquisition and retention, site operations, logistics, and more. It was a great chapter in that exec’s career, and he has nothing but praise for that experience.
Today, we’re looking for a proven DTC ecom business builder who can sniff out trends in how the firm’s customer thinks and buys, and how such things might impact a high-performance ecom function that integrates with Creative, Marketing, Merchandising, Technology, Sourcing, Operations, and more.
To pull this off, qualified candidates would need ~8 years of solid experience.
The client’s primary DTC brand just had a spectacular two-year run, and they’re doing a lot right online in terms of their messaging and channel mix. Conversions are up, and the firm just hired a wonderful merchant through me. Given its strengths in creative and performance marketing — it would appear that the client’s best days are ahead of it.
Aside from its DTC breakthroughs, the firm’s Amazon business is functioning well thanks to a dedicated in-house team, and its Walmart / Target 3P business shows promise as well. Overall, there’s nothing in the woodpile. All you really need to do here is pick up where the previous leader left off.
In the areas of management, operations, and technology, that means tightening up that which is already working pretty well. The client is running ShopifyPlus on its primary DTC site in addition to specialty solutions from BlueCore, Curalate, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Responsys, Salesforce CRM, Rapleaf, Yieldify, OpinionLab, TeaLeaf, SteelHouse, Hotjar, Quantcast, ForeSee, and many others.
In short, the firm has the money, people, technology, inventory, and commitment to grow its ecom business. All it needs is YOUR wisdom and experience to improve its processes and performance across its entire ecom function.
Perhaps more than anything …
We are looking for someone who is extremely intellectually curious and is willing to ask tons of questions about WHY things are the way they are. The client’s DTC ecom business is already very complex, and the DTC tech space changes every day.
The only good assumption is a challenged assumption!
And while you don’t need to be an expert on every part of the business, you’ll need to be smart enough to know what you don’t know after you hustle up the learning curve. There’s no way you’ll have a monopoly on good ideas given how quickly things change and how smart your colleagues are.
Basically, your job is to: 1/ Ask the right questions, 2/ Continually improve the processes, 3/ Hire, develop and motivate the right people, and 4/ Manage by the right KPIs. If you do that, then everything else will fall into place.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team on all aspects of eCommerce for three websites; effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects
- Identify, recommend, and execute strategies and initiatives to drive significant increased website traffic, conversion rates, revenue and profitability leveraging analytics and A/B site and email testing.
- Identify, test and execute best in class online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
- Oversee the management and development of the websites, including visual merchandising, product launches and uploads, pricing and promotions.
- Manage site technology, platform capabilities and infrastructure to drive innovation and revenue growth
- Manage the ecommerce P&L
- Manage the product roadmap staying abreast of trends in ecommerce and retail.
- Manage all performance and digital marketing efforts, from strategy to execution.
- Oversee execution of all promotional and brand campaigns across digital channels including site and email.
- Oversee the merchandise planning and buying team to ensure proper stock levels consistent with demand.
- Responsible for Managing Marketplaces relationships both direct and third party.
- Stay aware and knowledgeable of all new developments in interacting with and attracting customers.
- Manage a near-shore Customer Service Team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years of experience in B2C eCommerce, with proven success managing people and delivering business goals.
- Direct experience with Shopify Plus strongly preferred.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and change priorities as needed.
- Excellent strategy and planning skills, budget and P/L management.
- Experience in working cross functionally in a vertically integrated company.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.