NORTH ATLANTA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are on the hunt for a Marketplace Advertising Manager to work with our client — a sales agency/consultancy that helps manufacturers and importers leverage today’s retail channels, both online and in stores.
NOTE: Strictly speaking, this role is based in the north atlanta area, and the client would love to have you in the office full time. However, for the right person, the role could be WFH / Remote.
Now then, we have a few such searches this year, and this type of business seems to be getting a ton of traction in the post-pandemic economy. Which would make sense — right? — given manufacturers’ pressing desire to streamline their options in terms of where/when/how/for-how-much they sell their products.
Here are some quick facts about the firm:
The company has been in business for 23 years and is “home-focused.” Its primary offerings include home goods, textiles, decorative pillows, curtains, indoor-outdoor furniture, floral arrangements, small indoor furniture, and more.
Its typical customer manufactures and imports products from around the world, and can range in size from $10 million up to $1 billion in sales per year. Operating as a full-service agency, our client acts as the manufacturers’ sales arm, responsible for its clients’ omnichannel advertising, sales, in-store marketing, operations, and so on.
The whole kit and caboodle.
The company’s culture is very hands-on, which reflects management’s detailed approach to the business. It looks for long-term client partners, and its average client has been with the firm for more than five years.
Management’s goal is to simplify each client’s business, helping clients achieve strong execution in five core areas of omnichannel ecommerce:
Relationship Management: The firm builds rapport and strengthens retailer relationships by knowing which questions to ask, and gathering category insights that inform high-growth sales plans while creating buy-in and accountability from the retailer.
Sales/Promotion: The firm creates and executes sales strategies for major holidays/promotional periods, slow sellers, best sellers, and competitive placement/improvement.
Product Catalog/Content: The firm’s services include adding products, updating content, leading content overhauls, performing attribute/tag updates, etc. Basically, everything customer-facing within each retailer, this firm can handle.
Operations: The firm reviews and reports on its contributions to its clients’ operational excellence. Relevant KPIs include lead time improvement/execution, inventory, and growth in retailer sales channels (3P/1P, DI/DF/IN, etc).
Advertising: The firm creates and executes advertising strategies to help grow its clients’ businesses in a way that allows each client to grow its brands in cost-effective, integrated ways.
Currently, the firm manages $600K per month in advertising for its clients, and it sees a significant opportunity to increase its “spend under management” while growing both existing and new clients’ businesses with advertising.
That’s where YOU come in.
As the firm’s new Marketplace Advertising Manager, you will lead that initiative — owning the firm’s advertising practice in its entirety. As of this posting, the firm’s ad spend is spread unevenly across the following channels:
- Amazon advertising – Sponsored products, sponsored brands, sponsored display and DSP
- Wayfair – Sponsored Products
- Overstock – Sponsored Products
- Criteo – RSX and RMP platforms, most specifically focused at Target
- Walmart Media – Sponsored products
- PromoteIQ – Home Depot and Kohls primarily
We’re looking for an established A-player to manage the firm’s clients’ ad marketing investments on those channels, with the ultimate objective of developing an advertising-only capability. Naturally, you’ll need to be an expert in performance marketing on these platforms in order to grow your clients’ spend-under-management.
Reporting directly to the firm’s VP of Ecommerce, on Day 1 you’ll find yourself focused on driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the firm’s clients’ performance marketing on existing retail marketplaces. You’ll be making recommendations regarding growth in advertising investments, managing those investments day to day, and identifying new channels and opportunities to drive sales further.
Campaign management / Bid optimization / Managing spend / Using VLOOKUPs.
You’ll be working to streamline reporting for these efforts, which means you’ll have a say in which tools would be best to support your efforts. Additionally, the firm has a number of proven processes in terms of managing the team’s day-to-day, but it could use your help in documenting and scaling those (the who, what, and how the account management process works — plus what gets reported each month to the client).
You’ll be supporting Account Managers by providing them with advertising results for their clients, and occasionally you’ll participate in client calls to present those results and answer specific questions while making recommendations.
To win in this role, you MUST have significant, hands-on experience with the Amazon Marketing stack. Realistically, you should be managing a spend of at least $3 million across all marketplaces, with most of that on Amazon. You should have a very clear understanding of the requirements and KPIs (ACoS / TACoS) of each marketplace and be able to relate that to each of your clients’ customer development initiatives.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Campaign management and optimization
- Performance reporting
- Data entry/manipulation
- Internet retail website analysis and fact-checking
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Brand research
- Website research
Experience and Qualifications:
- Hands on working knowledge of sponsored product ad campaigns at one or many of the retailers mentioned
- Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience are a must (VLOOKUP, concatenate, etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Data entry accuracy
- Intuitive and analytical
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data is found in a variety of sources, so resourcefulness is a key
- Familiar with navigation of computer-based systems and web sites
- Customer service/client management experience is a plus
- Working collaboratively in a small business team environment is a must
- 401K (after 1 yr employment, includes 3% monthly employer contributions and potential annual profit sharing)
- Paid Health Insurance
- Casual, flexible work environment
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.