MID-ATLANTIC USA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest CX jobs around.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are looking for a world-class Digital Customer Experience Leader for a publicly traded, Mid-Atlantic based client that manufactures high-end tools and components for the aerospace, earthworks, energy, transportation, engineering and machine tool industries.
It’s BIG business with $2.4 billion in sales and >10,000 employees worldwide.
The company’s offerings include a wide selection of standard and customized technologies for metalworking — such as metal cutting tools, tooling systems and services, as well as advanced materials, such as cemented tungsten carbide products, superalloys, coatings and investment castings.
The potential for ecommerce here is huge.
The US machinery manufacturing industry is one of the largest and most competitive sectors of the U.S. manufacturing economy. Tens of thousands of companies manufacture machinery in the United States. A majority of these shops are small and medium enterprises (SMEs), but there are also many large, public companies that trade on a global scale.
The industry is capital intensive, and industrial tooling is one of the key consumables for the firm’s customers. These customers value dependability, simplicity, flexibility, adaptability, and innovation — which makes digital access to the market a key growth opportunity.
As the client’s Digital CX Leader, you’ll be responsible for developing and driving the company’s targeted account approach to increase sales through its customer digital experience platform. The goal will be to build a digital-first commercial ecosystem that delivers a best-in-class CX that results in higher demand gen while hitting your financial targets.
Basically, it’ll be like being a product developer / marketer — requiring you to develop a growth-oriented product and work with internal teams to create digital-first experiences that lay the foundation for the way customers interact with the company.
You’ll be in the middle of everything …
As the firm’s new Digital CX Leader, you and your team will be responsible for leading the charge to find, convert, and retain customers thru digital. You will define the overall strategy, objectives and deliverables to ensure that strategic goals are met for all digital channels — including mobile, social, and web.
You’ll get to evaluate and execute initiatives to increase digital traffic, improve conversion rates, drive incremental revenues, and improve customer satisfaction using intimate, personal experience across every digital touchpoint.
And you’ll make sure that every company stakeholder knows how and why to use the firm’s digital assets to assist the customer. You will need to work collaboratively with the firm’s regional sales teams in order to align the firm’s digital sales channel with its direct and indirect sales channels. The firm’s digital channel should drive growth and retention while managing the customer’s shift from one channel to another.
It’s a big CX job requiring someone who likes to transform a business.
At the end of the day, your job will be to generate sales leads while growing the percentage the firm’s customer base that is best reached thru digital. Basically, by making something people want. The company has the history, the products, the R&D pipeline, the distribution infrastructure, the customer relationships, the knowledge, the street cred, and THE WILL to be an industry leader online.
Early on, you’ll be indoctrinated into your customer’s needs; spending time with the Regional Commercial Leaders, understanding customers, wrapping your brain around their buying behaviors, and learning the firm’s marketing and promotions strategies as they exist today.
Next, you’ll be tasked with unpacking the platform’s current roadmap and what jobs must be done from a CX design and development standpoint. You will have IT resources, but you’ll still need to think enough like a technical manager to relate to them.
But make no mistake: This job requires you to be an analytically-biased marketer at heart. You’ll need to bring a playbook for profitable long term growth.
This initiative must run like a product, which will require feedback-driven development on things like ecommerce APIs.
This role will collaborate heavily with the leaders of brand strategy, sales operations, strategic marketing, and will heavily influence marketing communications. Again: Your goal is to grow the business, which in the digital realm would include making sure that the platform is accessible, top of mind, and easy to use by customers when they are ready to buy.
You’ll have an impact on paid media, owned media, and to the extent that it matters – earned media. Everything you do will impact the look, feel, relevance, and value of the company’s digital assets.
Ultimately, you could end up having several direct reports, or even a sizable team, depending on how the platform evolves. For now, one thing’s for sure: The money, technology, inventory, and management resolve will be there. If you need a sizable team, all you need to do is make the business case for it.
This is a big company. Publicly traded. These people are playing hardball. Your boss, who is an extremely senior individual, has 13 direct reports. This is a very large, far-flung organization with a number of regional offices. Brand strategy and portfolio management reside in headquarters — many functions don’t.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every CX job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard CX job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this CX job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Develop and execute a cohesive data-driven, long-term digital roadmap that will differentiate the firm while capturing market share and achieving its goals.
- Establish and scale a digital experience optimization (DXO) practice that provides strategic ideation, design guidance, development, and quality assurance support.
- Own financial ROI for all digital initiatives.
- Prioritize teamwork based on ROI, user satisfaction, product performance, and company goals.
- Drive sales and traffic via websites, apps, and other company digital assets and B2B websites by leveraging digital marketing strategies such as SEM/SEO and Martech tools.
- Execute digital lifecycle initiatives and programs and direct daily performance across all platforms & systems.
- Identify new opportunities and enhancements to drive engagement and implement new acquisition channels through the platform.
- Collaborate with local, regional and corporate brand, communications and executive leaders driving new product ideas from concept to launch as well as measure/track the attribution of business investment on the KPIs having direct impact to business objectives.
- Integrate website analytics and customer research, business objectives, content, and technology capabilities to establish design and user experience for new digital functionality, technology and innovation.
- Manage the digital platform performance to achieve financial targets.
- Establish and manage operational support processes to ensure stability of all digital platforms.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with Marketing and IT in brand planning to integrate and drive digital marketing and “voice of the customer” solutions.
- 10-15+ years or experience driving revenue growth through digital platforms and digital customer experience innovation strategies.
- Proven track record with cross-functional collaboration with business functions, Marketing technology, analytics, content teams, and external partners to deliver best-in-class digital innovation that elevates the guest experience and delivers on the company’s revenue goals & growth plans
- Ability to understand and translate complex business challenges and requirements into smart digital solutions by leveraging SEM/SEO strategies and MarTech tools
- Experience managing and building high-performing teams
- Ability to understand complex digital systems and provide strategic leadership on processes and platforms to drive scalable solutions for the organization
- Leadership agility with strong client management skills and executive-level communication experience
- Proven track record of analyzing data such as online trends and site statistics and performance to make data-driven decisions that will influence strategy and roadmap
- Proven track record of understanding customer insights to convert into business value and provide strategic recommendations, drive concrete action, measure digital performance
- Experience leading, integrating, and scaling an enterprise-grade digital platforms
- Undergraduate college degree required, degree in business preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Visionary leader with a track record of establishing revenue-generating digital connections with customers
- High demonstration of drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and technical aptitude required
- Pragmatic problem-solver; solution-oriented
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Strong executive presence
- Acting Strategically
- Communicating Effectively
- Creating an Inclusive Environment
- Customer Focus
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Driving for Results
- Driving Innovation
- Lead, Mobilize and Empower
- Navigating Organizations
- Safety Focus
- Setting a Strategic Vision
- Working with Financial Information