MIDWEST USA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a well-established Midwest client in their search for an Ecommerce Site/Merchandising Manager. The client was referred to me by one of my all-time favorite private equity contacts.
The company is a designer and marketer of branded fragrances across the bath & body and home fragrance categories. The firm is home to one of the world’s most recognizable and proven home fragrances, which is sold through 1/ the company’s website, 2/ independent specialty stores across the U.S. and Canada, and 3/ via major retailers such as ULTA, Nordstrom, and Amazon.
As a former rising star at Procter & Gamble, the company’s CEO has led the firm through a successful investor transition and doubled the company’s size and profit. Having spent more than two decades in major corporations, mid-sized companies and as an entrepreneur, the CEO has earned a reputation as a proven leader of people, brands, and organizations through major change and unprecedented growth.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! READ! READ! READ! READ THE NEXT TWO LINES BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT!!! READ! READ! READ! READ THE NEXT TWO LINES BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!!!!
This role is open to a remote candidate BUT only in these select states: Mississippi, Minnesota, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Tennessee.
If you don’t live in one of these 8 states then remote is NOT an option. To be considered you’d have to be willing to relocate to MN or one of these states by the time you start the job.
About the Role
This is a brand-new position that’s being carved out of a shared workload today. Many of the areas highlighted below have been managed at an inch deep level. Our client is ready to bring someone in who can take more of a mile deep approach and really “OWN” the onsite experience.
The client needs someone who can own the day to day as it relates to Site Management and Operations. Your job is to own anything and everything once a customer lands on the site. It’s your job to make sure the experience is optimized to drive Conversation.
Things like Merchandising, Taxonomy, Site Search, the ecom platform, any features/functionality, integrations, product launches, etc will be yours to lead, launch, optimize and test.
You’ll be expected to oversee and manage for our 2 D2C sites for the following:
- What are we doing right and how can we build upon it?
- What are we doing wrong that should stop immediately and tested for a better way?
- What tools and resources do we have that we’re not utilizing?
- What data do we have that we’re not looking at or utilizing to drive a more positive onsite experience?
Having a strong background in Site Management, Merchandising, Technology (as it relates to the site experience and platform), and Analytics/Testing will be critical to your success in this role.
NOTE: We’re not looking for a technologist BUT you’ll own the third-party agency that supports our clients Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. You’ll need to lead integration and implementation projects as it relates to both front end and back end components.
An ability to work and lead the Development Roadmap for the site will be a must. That does not mean you need to be a coder/developer. However, the ability to work with and understand those that do is critical. Especially; from a project and timeline standpoint.
Can you call “BS” when needed?
On any given day, you’ll find yourself analyzing the customer experience end to end; looking for opportunities to improve conversation rates and/or any other onsite KPI; building out the dev roadmap and working with internal and external dev resources, improving merchandising best practices; reviewing the analytics and looking for opportunities to test or improve.
When we chat about this role, I’ll give you additional examples that the hiring manager shared with us.
Again, you’ll own the end-to-end site experience so anything the consumer experiences when they land on either of our client’s sites will be your job to manipulate and improve!
This position definitely leans more towards the strategy and roadmap development BUT as part of a growing organization and lean team you’ll have to roll up your sleeves. There is a merchandising specialist to help with the day to day and an external agency to handle any platform changes.
There is a Digital, Brand and Creative team (including in house designers) that this position will partner with very closely. Those teams will support this hire by creating the marketing/promo plans and calendar. They’ll also help with developing photography/ copy/ graphics/ video, etc.
Your responsibility will be driving the vision for how all of this is delivered via the site experience. Additional hires are expected as they continue to grow along with a continued elevation of this position. If you’re a builder this is a great role for you!
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Lead the development and implementation of the ecommerce site roadmap to achieve annual plan
- Manage development of websites, inclusive of new technology, services, tools and/or strategies to increase awareness and revenue
- Identify trends and recommend strategy changes or optimizations to stay relevant
- Make data-driven decisions, work toward strategic goals and continually improve site performance
- Measure, analyze and report performance on all website activity, evaluating the results against goals (KPIs and ROI) and present informed analysis and recommendations
- Oversee execution of website content, merchandising, products and promotions and optimize for goal achievement (sales, email opt-in, review generation, etc.)
- Develop wireframes, IA and UX recommendations for new content, in partnership with internal teams
- Research and recommend SEO strategy and oversee SEO of site content
- Manage website testing and monitor performance
- Troubleshoot major website issues and lead resolution efforts
- Maintain and implement third-party site integrations
- Produce creative assets for use on site, in partnership with creative team
- Manage UX improvements to address customer feedback
- Manage project timeliness and workloads to ensure successful, on-time execution that meets business objectives
- Participate in a cross functional team from Marketing, Design, Innovation, Sales, Operations and outside partners in planning and executing digital initiatives, including product launches, promotions, communications and support tools
- Create and maintain website reports
- Manage Google suite of products (Analytics, Search Console, Merchant Center, Cloud Console etc.)
Strong working knowledge of online content management systems, email application tools, analytics tools, or other web-based technologies; Ability to quickly learn and put into practice new systems or tools
Deeply analytical and data driven, yet able to balance art and creative.
Strong understanding of web metrics, digital testing methodologies, and optimization strategies, such as attribution modelling, website speed optimization, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimization, traffic analysis and reporting tools.
- Ecommerce Merchandising
- Strong skills proofreading, eye for details
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and proactive
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams on large-scale projects
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business
- Ability to hone and present information – both written and verbal – appropriate for the audience and to the desired effect
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to other staff, vendors, and customers
- Project Management and IT experience a very nice to have.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience (If you have this experience make sure it’s in your resume. It’s not a must have but a BIG nice to have.)
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.