METRO HOUSTON – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, B2B, and private equity communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
ALL NEW: If you’d like to book a 1:1 coaching call with Harry Joiner, CLICK HERE.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a major branded manufacturer of homeware and kitchenware in their search for a world-class Ecommerce Merchandiser based in metro Houston, Texas.
NOTE: THIS JOB IS ON-SITE FIVE DAYS PER WEEK! YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN COMMUTABLE DISTANCE FOR THIS TO BE A VIABLE CAREER OPTION FOR YOU.
About the Company
Founded in 1911, our client is a 9-figure, vertically integrated multinational company in the homeware and kitchenware industry. The firm makes money by designing, manufacturing, and marketing a wide range of products, including cookware, cutlery, and home appliances. The company operates nine factories with 10,000 employees, and its 22,000 SKUs are sold in more than 120 countries.
This ain’t no mom-n-pop shop.
The firm’s customers are primarily households and culinary professionals seeking the highest quality kitchen tools, and its products are known for their durability and innovative design.
About the Market
For a growth-oriented ecommerce merchant, the Online Kitchenware Sales industry is a great place to be. According to IBIS World, the industry seen robust growth in the last five years, fueled by a surge in ecommerce channel shift, rising incomes, and increased consumer spending during COVID.
Since 2017, industry revenue has trended upward, with a CAGR of 6.8%, reaching $8.2 billion in 2022. Yet an influx of new entrants has intensified price competition and heightened the need for smart online merchandising.
In aggregate, the outlook for the industry remains bullish: Covid significantly reshaped consumer preferences in favor of online retail, while the proliferation of mobile device shopping is expected to further accelerate this shift.
About the Role
Traditionally, the company has done very well marketing its high-quality home goods in retail stores throughout America. Yet post-COVID, they are starting to ramp up their own D2C Ecommerce efforts
That’s where YOU come in.
As the firm’s new Ecom Merchandiser, you will be responsible for managing the company’s DTC product catalog, along with 10+ other accounts including Amazon, Wayfair, and Macy’s. Your job will be to optimize product listings to improve conversion rates, increase revenue, and enhance the overall customer experience.
Previous DTC ecom merchandising experience is a MUST.
However, you don’t need previous experience merchandising on Amazon and other 3P markets. You can learn all of that on the job. Having said that, you must have previous CMS experience — plus a rapt attention to detail.
The amount of work to be done here is commensurate with the opportunity: These are HUGE categories, and the company has 22,000 SKUs that could, at some point, end up on the sites. To win in this role, you’ll need to be super task-oriented and have the ability to work cross-functionally within the company.
You should LOVE doing customer-focused work, and have a knack for navigating the seasonality of certain product lines. Ideally, we’d like for you to have solid experience with Google Analytics and be able to use it to improve NOT only what’s on a PDP — but rather the entire onsite customer journey and related taxonomies.
An excellent knowledge of ecommerce personalization, A/B testing, and conversion rate optimization is a giant plus.
ONE LAST THING: This position will offer a competitive salary, 22 days PTO, bonus potential of up to 4 months’ salary based on company financial performance factors and individual performance, 401K matching at 50%, tuition reimbursement, health insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision), and a multitude of career growth and professional development opportunities!
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage the product catalog on our website, including categorization, pricing, and product descriptions.
- Update product listings to improve conversion rates, increase revenue, and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and execute promotions and sales campaigns.
- Collaborate with eCommerce analysts to ensure optimal product assortment and availability.
- Plan and update websites to align with seasonal and marketing events.
- Conduct competitive research and analysis to identify trends and opportunities.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in eCommerce merchandising.
- Capitalize on seasonality of product, managing launches, seasons, trade show schedules and mark down liability.
- Work with eCommerce Manager to influence assortment for Omni-channel to achieve sales, merchandising margin and gross profit goals.
- Coordinate with marketing teams for messaging and cross promotional opportunities, events and deals.
- Optimize site experience based on customer signals such as customer intent, competitive insights, customer feedback, inventory position and pricing.
- Partner with and adhere to guidelines for each retailer ensuring our products are represented well on their site.
- Drive improvement in the performance of the site and help drive projects and initiatives to further enhance the shopping experience like personalization, geo-targeting, and retargeting.
- Track, analyze and report on digital KPIs, like conversion and traffic by channel and make changes.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing to support strategies for traffic generating channels to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct competitive research to understand competitor trends.
- Manage all components of product on the website using Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Work closely with copy writing and merchandising assistants to ensure product descriptions and keywords are in line with on-site and offsite-search terms.
- Partner with marketing to develop an ongoing strategy and process for product publishing that saves time and resources.
- Create experiences on site using landing pages.
- Ensuring ADA compliance and a seamless mobile experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on workload and business need.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in eCommerce merchandising – online retail experience that is customer/sales focused (healthcare or oil & gas experience is not applicable for this role).
- Experience managing a product catalog on an eCommerce website.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong rapport within all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas.
- Strong decision-making abilities, using critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Aggressive, goal-oriented, self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker, yet hands-on and tactical.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.