WORK FROM HOME – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a large omnichannel retailer in its search for a Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Search and Shopping (PLA).
The client is based on the East Coast of the United States, but this position is FULLY REMOTE. We’ve worked with this client a few times, having placed the Director to which this role will report. We’ve also helped them hire a few other key teammates to this position. Just this year we’ve helped them hire a new Web Analytics Manager and a Manager of Google Shopping who this person will work very closely alongside.
This position will be focused on two of the top revenue driving channels for their ecommerce business producing 8 digits in revenue. The two channels we’re looking for HANDS ON experience with are Paid Search and Google Shopping. Earlier this year we helped them hire a Shopping lead who is doing a great job. However, due to the size of the channel they’re looking to bring someone else in to help him and assist with the day to day of both channels. We need a team player who brings a collaborative approach.
NOTE: We’re looking for hands on experience managing and executing Paid Search and Shopping campaigns. Someone managing an agency who is doing the work isn’t the right fit. Our client is bringing both programs in house so we’re looking for tactical experience and a Subject Matter Expert.
About the Company
As an innovator in the footwear trade for more than 100 years, our client offers a wide selection of famous footwear brands for women, men, and kids. The firm’s selection covers the athletic (60%), comfort, dress, and casual categories — and its superior customer service, convenience, and value position it for future growth.
How many pairs of shoes do you own? Several, probably. Like everyone.
In the last few years, increasing disposable income and ecommerce sales have driven growth in the footwear market — fueled by higher AOVs and SKUs spanning a wide range of price points. Having said that, more retailers have entered the industry, especially online.
As a result, operators are forced to compete on the basis of price and oftentimes cut prices or offer promotions to attract customers and remain competitive. Regardless: Through 2024, IBIS World expects the footwear market to reach $101 billion, as shoe prices increase and higher quality merch is rolled out.
About the Role
In this position your primary responsibilities include managing execution and daily optimizations of Paid Search and Google Shopping. You’ll be assisting with relevant product feed updates, and completing internal reporting and channel forecasts. You’ll be responsible for optimizing the Paid Search programs via Google Ads and Bing and focusing on improving ROAS.
The ability to hands on run Google Ads from end to end is critical.
As a digital expert, this individual will leverage their proven experience to build and scale the search/shopping channels, leverage research and data to improve campaign effectiveness, and deliver effective search/shopping strategies that truly move the needle.
If the hiring manager had to summarize this role into one sentence, she’d say “This person’s main responsibility will be the daily management and execution for Paid Search and Shopping through data driven tactical optimizations as well as assisting with relevant product fee updates, internal reporting, budget pacing and forecasts.
“… We’re looking for someone who’s a Paid Search / PPC / Google Shopping / PLA expert. They won’t be solely responsible for the technical side, but a familiarity with the backend would be helpful as they work with the technical resource and vendor they utilize.”
For my client the Paid Search / Google Shopping channels the largest revenue-driving channel (8 digits) in their digital mix. For that reason …
IF YOUR RESUME DOESN’T SPECIFICALLY CALL OUT YOUR GOOGLE SHOPPING / PLA EXPERIENCE / PPC / PAID SEARCH, YOU WILL BE REGRETTED.
In this role, you will have a resource to help with backend Feed Management via CommerceHub. Having said that, you’ll need to be comfortable enough to make minor changes / optimizations. The strategy, budget, execution, optimization and ROAS will be yours to drive and influence. There is one other person on this team.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 40 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute all aspects of PPC campaigns for Search and Shopping including keyword research, campaign buildouts, ad creation, budget pacing and bid management across Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Connexity
- Optimize campaigns based on KPIs such as CPC, CPA, ROAS, Quality Score, and Impression Share
- Compile ad hoc, weekly and monthly reports summarizing performance across Paid Search, and Shopping channels
- Create and launch ads for Evergreen / Promotions through Ad Copy, Extensions, and Merchant Center
- Audit and optimize product feeds as needed in coordination with ecommerce and other digital teams
- Maintain a healthy product feed through Merchant Center and address any issues
- Proactively research and execute based on industry changes and competition
- Participate in review, planning and strategy meetings
- Work with the key stakeholders across the company to set clear objectives/KPIs, report results and make recommendations for improvement
- Stays knowledgeable of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field
- 3+ years direct experience managing Google Search, and Shopping campaigns with budgets exceeding $50,000 a month at minimum.
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to articulate clearly and effectively
- Highly detail-oriented individual, driven by results, who can manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to scale programs and work with large budgets
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A passion for shopping and digital marketing; eager to work in a collaborative, fast paced setting
- Experience working in an integrated digital marketing environment and collaborating on marketing campaigns with cross functional partners.
- Proficiency with relevant analytics, tracking and reporting tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or Content Square
- Proficiency with feed platforms such as CommerceHub, Feedonomics, GoDataFeed or DataFeedWatch
- Deep understanding of Shopping Campaigns from Standard to Smart to Performance Max