ecommercejobs REEDS Jewelers
WILMINGTON, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: In a hurry? No problem! Because as REEDS Jewelers’ new Product Manager, Ecommerce, here’s a quick picture of your future sandbox:
In this role, your job will be to guide, lead, and otherwise grease the gears that will help REEDS transform its digital business in ways that delight its customers — and keep them coming back for more.
Headquartered in the coastal city of Wilmington, NC, REEDS Jewelers is the largest family-owned retail jewelry chain in North America. The 70-year old firm sells diamonds, watches, and a large selection of fine jewelry from top designers in over 65 retail stores across 18 states as well as online at REEDS.com.
REEDS started selling online in 1996 and in 2015 co-developed the world’s first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe. Today, the company even accepts accepts freaking Bitcoin (!!) online and in-store.
Truly, REEDS’ history of embracing change and innovation is unmatched in its industry. For anyone interested in omnichannel product development, REEDS is a great place to be.
About the Market
While the world is shifting under the feet of luxury marketers, diamond jewelry still represents an $80 billion global market annually. In fact, online jewelry growth in the US is twice that of retail stores. Roughly 10% of all US diamond jewelry (by value) is sold online and 40% of all US jewelry purchases are researched online.
And here’s the thing:
Established brands like REEDS can do very well online because diamonds are nature-made and therefore extremely difficult to standardize. Diamond consumers don’t really know who’s certifying their diamonds: It could be a legitimate high-standard laboratory -OR- a lab with lax standards.
Fact is, all labs use the same terminology for color, cut, and clarity — so it’s critical that consumers rely on trusted brands to help them buy the stones that will commemorate the most important decisions of their lives.
That’s where YOU come in.
As REEDS’ Customer Experience & Product Manager you’ll be responsible for the entire digital customer journey and product for REEDS.com. You’ll lead REEDS’ UX, working to close the gap between what REEDS’ customers want and what the organization can deliver.
As a UX / CX data junkie, you’ll identify / implement opportunities to personalize experiences for different customer segments, as well as down to the individual customer. The “CX buck” will start and stop with YOU.
Naturally, you’ll develop a keen understanding of Reeds’ Digital Retail Strategy, translating its strategic priorities into a product vision, customer journey map, roadmap and detailed product specifications. To identify and validate new product opportunities, you’ll be guided by your analysis of customer insights and market research, competitive research and analytics.
You’ll source and manage world-class technology partners in an effort to design and develop the habit forming experiences that help REEDS’ customers find and fill their hearts’ desires.
We want people to feel better about THEMSELVES because of their relationship with REEDS.
To win in this role, you must live and breathe omnichannel CX and have a demonstrated track record of innovation and excellence. You’ll need an ability to support time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance and high attention to detail.
You’ll report to REEDS’ VP of Ecommerce and be supported by a high performing team of analysts, graphic designers, and IT personnel.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Deliver a customer experience on REEDS.com that delights the firm’s customers and achieves business objectives, with category excellence and industry innovation.
- Derive meaning from customer, digital, market and business data to construct logical compelling business cases to support recommendations.
- Develop the company’s digital roadmap based on evaluation of capabilities and features and their impact on the customer, operations and business.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle from ideation, requirements gathering, product specifications, testing, end-user sign-off, product launch and operational readiness.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in e-commerce product development and management, with demonstrated record of innovation and excellence in the role.
- Customer-focused approach to understanding and exceeding customer expectations and needs.
- A solid understanding of digital tools and technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems.
- A keen understanding of product testing that ensures product releases meet the functionality, performance and quality standards.
- Laser focus on getting things done, ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Mastery of web analytics research tools to drive decision making.
- Strong and inspiring leadership style.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences