REMOTE / WFH – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a well-established Midwest client in their search for an Acquisition and Retention Manager. This client was referred to us by one of our all-time favorite private equity contacts.
The company is a designer and marketer of branded fragrances across the bath & body and home fragrance categories. The firm is home to one of the world’s most recognizable and proven home fragrances, which is sold through 1/ the company’s website, 2/ independent specialty stores across the U.S. and Canada, and 3/ via major retailers such as ULTA, Nordstrom, and Amazon.
As a former rising star at Procter & Gamble, the company’s CEO has led the firm through a successful investor transition and doubled the company’s size and profit.
Having spent more than two decades in major corporations, mid-sized companies and as an entrepreneur, the CEO has earned a reputation as a proven leader of people, brands, and organizations through major change and unprecedented growth.
At this point we have worked with this organization a few times. I can confidently say it’s a great place to work and you’ll be working with amazing people. They have a 9-digit business with a growing 8-digit ecom channel and very quickly becoming a major D2C player.
Candidates, you’ll need to be a builder here. They might not have all the processes and tools that a tier one D2C operation does but they’re working that way and ready to make those investments as they continue to grow.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! READ! READ! READ! READ THE NEXT TWO LINES BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!!!!
This role is open to a remote candidate BUT only in these select states: Mississippi, Minnesota, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Tennessee.
If you don’t live in one of these 8 states then remote is NOT an option. To be considered you’d have to be willing to relocate to MN or one of these states by the time you start the job.
About the Role
This is a brand-new position that’s been created to help upper management drive the digital marketing strategy along with helping to manage a small team and ad agencies.
In this role you’ll have 1 direct report along with 2 digital marketing agencies (one for each brand) to help you with the day-to-day execution of SEO, Paid Media, Email/SMS and Social.
This is a role built for a Digital Marketing guru who likes building things. You’ll help them scale their digital channels, budgets, tools and processes.
Our client needs someone who has the ability to create, develop and optimize their Acquisition and Retention strategy, identify opportunities within their current program and tactically get involved when needed. REPEAT, you need to be a hands on “builder” in this position.
YES, you’ll own the Acquisition and Retention strategy and you’ll have a few resources to help you with the day to day.
HOWEVER, we still need this person to be open to diving into the weeds when needed.
This role will own the growth and optimization for PPC, Shopping, Paid Social, Affiliate, influencer, SEO Marketing, Email, SMS, and Social channels for both brands. This role will share leadership on SEO with the Ecommerce Manager.
As it relates to Retention, you’ll help drive the strategy for Email and SMS/MMS. This means you need to help optimize the strategy for better segmentation, better automation, and better personalization. Things like driving repeat purchase, reengagement, reactivation, etc …
In this role you’ll have one report along with 2 digital marketing agencies (one for each brand) so the ability to manage others is definitely a desired skill from the ideal candidate but at the same time it’s a lean team so you need to be comfortable with all of the channels mentioned previously.
Now, you don’t’ have to be a tactical expert in every channel but you’ll need to know enough to manage, mentor, lead and sometimes call BS.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Leadership of revenue and traffic growth
- Ownership of the customer acquisition strategy and execution
- Ownership of the retention strategy and execution
- Oversight of all SEM and Paid Media channels; Paid Search, Paid Social, Retargeting, Display, Affiliate, and Shopping.
- Provide direction and strategy for Social Media marketing
- Oversight of all online retention: Email and SMS
- Develop and manage a data driven approach to customer acquisition and retention.
- Management of a small internal team
- Management of an outside digital marketing agency
- Cross functional work with creative, IT, Ecommerce and merchandising teams
- Assist in optimizing for SEO.
- Improve revenue by increasing new customers to the site along with continued optimization of our ROAS.
- Improve revenue by implementing better and more advanced segmentation, automation and personalization via Email and SMS
- Responsibility for web analytics, customer data, and testing to identify areas of improvement and optimization
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred but not a must have
- 4-6 years of experience with Acquisition and Retention management
- MUST have D2C Ecommerce experience
- Team management experience required
- Agency management experience
- Experience with SEO, SEM, Paid Search, Paid Social, Shopping, Retargeting and Display.
- Experience with Email and SMS; Segmentation and Automation experience
- Proven track record of driving traffic, acquiring and retaining customers online
- Ability to work cross functionally with Creative, IT, Merchandising
- Ability to present to upper management.
- Strong web analytics experience
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.