DUQUESNE, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around …
You might not know American Textile — but you sure know its brands.
Before I get cranked up, check out what it’s like to actually work there …
Pretty legit, right? Not exactly a Mom-n-Pop shop.
The firm’s national and store-brand bedding products are sold in traditional and online US retailers as well growing list of international markets. They’re used by millions of consumers every day — and the company markets through 25+ online retailers and 4 internal websites.
As the company’s new VP of Ecommerce, you’ll own all of that.
Reporting to the firm’s SVP of Marketing, your job will be to develop and lead American Textile’s ecommerce strategy. You’ll own the company’s ecom and etail P&L, which will require you to operate as a business-oriented change agent in an omnichannel environment.
Although the firm has a DTC ecommerce business, that’s not where the real growth potential is. This role is about leveraging American Textile’s digital assets to grow the business on its retail partners’ sites. The etail business is growing like a weed, and it could be a very significant part of the total revenue mix in five years.
Of course, that’s going to require everyone rowing in the same direction.
Your job will involve working cross-functionally with Finance, Inventory, Forecasting, Supply-chain and more — which will require you to think on your feet in a very multifaceted way. For example, when you’re discussing selling AllerEase on Walmart, you’ll need to imagine the unintended consequences for Amazon, Kohl’s, and Target.
None of them operate the same way.
They don’t use the same tools, nor do they have the same processes, goals, agendas, and timeframes. You’ll need to learn quickly and be extremely process-oriented. Whether its dealing with Amazon’s ever-changing rules for compliance and packaging or working with the independent reps who might be involved in growing American Textile’s etail business, you’ll need to be a Master of Managing the Day-to-Day: Prioritizing, Rationalizing, Optimizing, Strategizing, Organizing, and so on.
Management will be looking to YOU to be the “GO-TO” Guy/Gal for All Things Etail.
“Strategically savvy.” “Financially literate.” “Politically aware (without being a political animal).” “Reality-based.” “A Doer, yet can get things done through other people in a way that creates positive momentum and energy.” These are the things I’d like to hear about you from your references, should you make it that far in the process.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search!
My Partner Allan Seibert and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Develop and execute ecommerce strategy, inclusive of pure-play ecommerce sites, bricks and mortar, dot-com sites, and company-owned sites to achieve our aggressive online growth targets
- Deliver online marketing initiatives that drive sales, including segmentation, targeting, media buying, and data analytics that guide investment decision
- Build an industry-leading ecommerce team through planning, hiring, mentoring, and leading internal and external resources
- Develop the annual business plan for ecommerce division, working with Finance, Forecasting, IT, and other business partners to ensure alignment of objectives and resources required
- Manage ecommerce division P&L, develop KPIs (financial, site, customer satisfaction, etc), and communicate these metrics and results to leadership
- Lead cross-functional ecommerce transformation involving finance, tax, forecasting, operations, marketing, customer service, sales, IT, purchasing and others
- Provide thought leadership within the company to evangelize, educate, and implement innovative new practices
- Determine where new processes and systems are needed to accelerate business growth
- Meet with retail partners to build partnerships that promote alignment and growth
- Lead overall digital marketing on company-owned direct-to-consumer (DTC) sites including search, SEO, affiliate, mobile, social, and other tactics as appropriate
- Partner with Marketing, IT, and external agencies to build DTC roadmap and development plan
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Product Development in online channel planning, creating differentiation across retailers and developing new products as appropriate
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a similar ecommerce role with P&L ownership, including revenue and margin growth, and expense management
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, IT, or related field; MBA preferred
- DTC and Amazon.com experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for reporting and interacting internally at all levels and with customers
- Extensive digital marketing, ecommerce, and online/traditional merchandising experience required
- Traditional marketing and corporate strategy experience a plus
- Knowledge of ecommerce website platforms including Magento, and experience launching digital experiences including re-platform and redesign
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.