SEATTLE, WA – With more than 100 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with CommerceHub in its search for a VP of Client Partnerships based in either San Francisco or Seattle.
- Expand their assortments with CommerceHub’s vast dropship network
- Grow demand by reaching new audiences and demographics
- Improve delivery options (from parcel to white glove to ship-to/from-store)
- Enhance the customer experience — for both retailers and their supplier brands
No doubt you’ve seen dropship products for sale via CommerceHub on major etail stores like HomeDepot.com, but you wouldn’t have known it because those listings are presented so seamlessly right alongside the etailer’s own inventory.
CommerceHub’s solution allows both retailers and suppliers to 1.) Manage content on multiple marketplaces from a secure, centralized portal; 2.) List product faster while optimizing content for native search; 3.) Increase sales by making products easier to find on third party markets; and 4.) Improve operational and financial performance through data testing and refinement.
Like so …
About the Role
CommerceHub’s clients use its cloud-based software and services to power critical components of their ecommerce businesses. As CommerceHub’s VP of Client Partnerships, you will act as a General Manager and P&L owner for a portfolio of 6-8 retail clients.
You’ll be responsible for growing those client relationships with the aim of increasing their adoption of CommerceHub’s platform. You’ll be expected to manage this book of business according to CommerceHub’s 2019 Client Growth Plan which break down the opportunities and challenges at each client plus maps out the specific steps CommerceHub must take to increase the volume each client sends through its platform.
This is a VERY high profile job.
As CommerceHub’s new VP of Client Partnerships, you can count on having significant exposure to both CommerceHub’s CEO and Executive Leadership Team plus those of your clients. Shrinking violets need not apply!
To win in this role, you must be able to articulate CommerceHub’s value in clear, unvarnished language at every level of your client’s organization: One day you might be presenting to a room full of C-level execs. The next day, you could be having lunch with a bunch of line level ecommerce ops managers. You’ve gotta be able to keep it real with everyone.
Have you ever seen The Profit with Marcus Lemonis? Marcus is cool, he’s business oriented, he’s hypothesis driven, he’s a great listener, he’s organized, he walks his talk, and people feel more in control when Marcus is around.
That’s what we’re looking for here.
You’ll need to add value to your clients’ operations while coordinating the internal resources required to follow through on CommerceHub’s Client Growth Plan. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference at a company that’s making a difference.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search!
I spent 90 minutes on the phone with CommerceHub’s Chief Commercial Officer teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score as CommerceHub’s new VP of Client Partnerships.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Serve as the “primary point of contact” and client liaison between each client and CommerceHub.
- Develop and maintain C-Level and executive relationships with all critical touch points within enterprise including: ecommerce, marketing, merchandising, technology and operations
- Develop, manage and execute Client Growth Plans to optimize use and deployment of relevant CommerceHub solutions
- Manage the Quarterly Business Review process at each client to deliver meaningful insight about the client’s ecommerce business and provide impactful recommendations on how further adoption of CommerceHub’s platform can
- drive measurable value to the client.
- Provide weekly, monthly performance updates to communicate progress, opportunities and risks associated with each client
- Coordinate with the internal functional team members to ensure the delivery of continuous and effective services including project completion and delivery of services
- Accountable of growing client and achieving annual revenue budget by coordinating cross sell of new solutions and renewal of existing products with sales and professional services teams
Critical Skills and Competencies:
- Strategic mindset with proven ability to synthesis client financial reports, industry information and market intelligence to develop client growth strategies and assess risks
- Team player with ability to collaborate and influence with cross functional teams
- Proven track record in strategic relationship and engagement management
- Strong analytical, technical, operational and industry knowledge to provide value and relevance to key executives and are aligned with revenue and growth strategies
- Ability to synthesize/prioritize client feedback, competitive and industry information to evangelize and provide feedback to improve product and service delivery.
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business to develop growth strategies for both the client and CommerceHub.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and boardroom presentation skills. Displays strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Viewed as an expert resource by client, peers and coworkers and has a thorough internal working knowledge of the enterprise.
- Leads by example and demonstrates strong decision making skills, judgment and business acumen.
- Bachelor’s required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant large enterprise, relationship management experience with track of success
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail and ecommerce are required, knowledge of fulfillment preferred
- Ability to build effective reporting, presentations and proposals
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Self-directed with ability to work in home-based office environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with flawless follow up skills and results orientation