REMOTE / WFH – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with one of America’s largest specialty retailers of pool supplies in their search for a fully remote-based Manager of Amazon Marketplace Marketing.
Let me begin by saying that I spent more than an hour with this firm’s Vice President of Marketplaces (the hiring manager for this position). He is a super nice, extremely knowledgeable ecom executive — the kind of boss I’d want for my own son / daughter.
About the Company
The client is the largest and most trusted direct-to-consumer brand in the highly advantaged (and fragmented) pool and spa care industry. I say “advantaged” because the industry is VERY large and offers recurring revenue potential on many of its products and predictable growth.
One pays for upkeep on one’s pool like one pays for pet food: Over and over again.
During my kickoff call, the hiring manager did a first-rate job of explaining to me exactly HOW this business makes money. I had THREE “man, I wish I’d thought of that!” moments — versus the ONE such moment I have in ‘normal’ kickoff calls.
Bottom line: My client’s business is an integrated ecosystem of products and services (contractual and non-contractual), each of which individually has excellent scale and reach — yet taken collectively, positions the firm as a total solution provider with a massive addressable market and a clear path to growth.
Now then: Raise your hand if you own a pool.
(Raise your hand if you ever thought about owning a pool!)
You’re not alone. There are roughly five million inground swimming pools in the USA, with 40 percent of those in Florida and California.
I own a pool. But despite the costs, it’s worth it because my wife and I have six kids. And they have friends. And my wife and I work from home. And it gets hot in Georgia.
Lemme give you a few quick tidbits about the pool biz:
When Covid hit in 2020, my client sold every above-ground pool they’d bought for the year by May 30th. Why? Because suddenly everybody thought …
“Oh boy, we’re not taking our summer vacation this year — and now our community pool has closed for the summer. I could either invade my neighbor’s space to use their pool or drop $1,800 on a pool for my own backyard.”
What would YOU do?
Which is why the pool business is a goldmine: Annual pool installations represent over $10B in estimated lifetime demand for pool supplies, which includes spa purchases and order backlogs. Ka-CHING!
About the Role
As the client’s new Manager of Marketplaces Marketing, you’ll be responsible for the business results of multiple marketplace channels (Amazon, eBay, and Walmart). That’s a lot to say grace over! This is a very high visibility role that reports to the firm’s VP of Marketplaces.
NOTE: This job is extremely marketing focused. You will be joining a TEAM of marketplace experts that have deep experience with the blocking and tackling aspects of running a marketplace business. You will be the fourth manager on the team (including the VP).
Your colleagues will be handling the day to day responsibilities of marketplace merchandising (getting the products live), operations (fulfillment and customer service), and technology. You do NOT need to be a Jack of all trades …
You need to be a Master of Amazon marketing.
You’ll be responsible for 1/ managing several million dollars in marketplace paid search spend; 2/ developing a content strategy for Amazon A+ Content, Amazon Posts, and similar programs; 3/ managing the creative requests, implementing those assets, testing and optimizing of content; 4/ leading related projects; and 5/ assisting the overall team, as needed.
It’s a big job!
If you’re an Amazon marketing pro and want to manage a large budget, drive tons of revenue, and have some fun doing it, then this is the job for you.
To win in this role, you’ll need to be an analytically-biased digital marketer with highly developed communication, strategic, and execution skills.
You’re already an expert in Amazon’s paid search program for 3P Sellers — including Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, Sponsored Brand Videos, and Sponsored Display. Which means that 1/ configuring campaigns that prospect for new keywords, 2/ eliminating money-losing terms, 3/ investing more in top-performing terms, and 4/ driving revenue, reach, and efficiency goals simultaneously are all …
… SECOND NATURE to you.
We’re looking for an A-player with a keen awareness of the latest marketplace, ecom merchandising, and marketing trends. You must have a proven track record of working with ecom brands selling on public marketplaces, and have an insatiable desire to test, measure, and iterate results-driven campaigns.
You must be a highly organized, autonomous leader with exceptional project management skills and an outstanding business/financial acumen. Meaning, 1/ you understand how changes in one metric impact changes in others, 2/ how to manipulate large data sets for analytical purposes, and 3/ how to clearly present business results.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage all aspects of paid search advertising on Amazon, eBay, and Walmart, with a strong focus on revenue growth, bottom-line ROI, and new customer acquisition
- Design, develop, and implement reports, analyses, and dashboards that bring actionable business insights to the team, covering topics such as search marketing financial results, share of top search results, new customer acquisition, etc.
- Develop a content strategy that includes best practices for Amazon A+ Content, Amazon Posts, eBay custom descriptions, custom creative for Amazon Sponsored Brand and/or Sponsored Display campaigns, etc. Manage the process of requesting creative assets, deploying those assets, and optimizing business results.
- Define, package, present, and execute marketplace merchandising/marketing programs that can be sold for vendor funding and related concessions (partnering with the Sr. Director of Merchandising, Category Directors, etc.)
- Help the team achieve EBITDA goals
- 3+ years of experience managing large Amazon CPC marketing campaigns (millions in annual spend, thousands of products)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivots, building financial models, data manipulation) and PowerPoint (presentation development, graphs, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects through a mix of direct resources and partnership with other groups
- Prior experience presenting, collaborating, and negotiating with senior executives from strategic brands
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.