REMOTE / WFH – With more than 80 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a very large, well-established online retailer of firearms, scopes, and accessories in their search for a Director of Ecommerce Sales primarily focusing on Amazon (3P FBA / SFP), eBay, and other marketplaces.
The role can be fully remote, although the client would like to see you onsite every three weeks or so.
NOTE: If you are not a world-class expert in Seller Central who has led an 8-figure 3P business, then you should just STOP READING NOW. I’m not trying to be difficult; I’m just trying to save you some time. This gig won’t be for you, as the client’s Amazon business could one day be 9-figures (today, the company is doing 9-figures across all channels).
About the Company
The client began in the late 90’s as an online retailer specializing in sport optics. Today, the firm’s offerings have diversified considerably, although its focus remains on high-performance gear for the outdoor lifestyle.
Its top-selling retail and wholesale lines include Sako, Blaser, Accuracy International, Bushnell, Schmidt Bender, Carl Zeiss, and Swarovski Optik, and the firm is registered with SAMS and GSA for government purchases contracts as well.
The ratings and reviews of the company are amazing, with Reddit offering a great example of what it’s like when a site’s fans jump to answer questions about it …
Redditor: “Is ___ a legit website?”
___ Fan 1: “Hell yes. The guy built a firearms optics empire from the ground up, started out of his house. They are really good people, it is the nicest gun store I’ve ever been in or could possibly imagine.”
___ Fan 2: “Yes and super fast shipping. They made a pricing error I wasn’t aware of (put up a gun for Black Friday, $999 instead of $1999). And not only did they honor it the congratulated me on finding it!”
___ Fan 3: “Yep I’ve bought tons of stuff from them and have always had a great experience. I recommend looking at their demo models to see if you can save some money.”
And so on. The gist is with ___, you get awesome service and its fans swear by it.
About the Market
As you’ve probably heard, the U.S. market for firearms and accessories is MASSIVE. Some estimates say there are more than 350 million guns in circulation, but the exact number doesn’t really matter. You know how you feel about guns. I’m not here to convince you of anything you don’t already believe.
Suffice it to say that America has one of the largest civilian-owned firearm populations in the world, and that market includes handguns, rifles, shotguns, and various specialized firearms. Sales of firearms have been influenced by factors such as changes in gun regulations, political events, and concerns about personal safety.
The market for firearm accessories is also significant, and it includes a wide range of products such as scopes, optics, grips, holsters, magazines, ammunition, cleaning kits, gun safes, and more. Accessories cater to a diverse group of firearm owners, from sport shooters to hunters to collectors.
The industry is subject to federal, state, and local regulations which can influence the market, and changes in laws or regulations on certain accessories can impact consumer behavior.
Against this backdrop, the rise of ecommerce has made it easier for consumers to access a firearms and accessories online, which has contributed to the industry’s growth. That’s where YOU come in …
About the Role
Your job is to GROW THE BUSINESS. Full stop. What that means, first and foremost, is you will be leading the firm’s 8-figure Amazon channel. Seriously, this client has one of the largest 3P Seller Central channels I’ve ever seen, and there’s no reason they can’t get it to 9-figures.
It’s a huge category, and they have both the operating capacity and the supplier relationships to pull it off. But like I said: If you are not a world-class expert in Seller Central who has led an 8-figure 3P business, then you should STOP READING because you simply won’t get this job.
If you DO get this job …
… it will be on YOU to ideate, implement, and analyze high impact Amazon marketing strategies, including product detail page execution, digital merchandising, and brand-specific content to commerce initiatives.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll lead the execution and daily optimization of timely and compelling digital marketing campaigns, including PPC, coupons & discounts, video, display advertising, and insight-driven reporting.
Not to mention:
You will oversee the planning, development, and execution of the firm’s marketplace strategy, including Media Planning and Forecasting, Brand Strategy, Product & Launch Strategy, and Inventory Forecasting.
Pretty much the entire sales funnel on Amazon, including …
… ideating content and management of SEO optimization while ensuring that all content follows Amazon SEO best practices as measured by traffic, user session KPIs, seller rankings, and TACoS.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for creating, managing, and analyzing all Amazon Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns aimed at boosting traffic, engagement, and sales. The same applies to eBay and all other relevant marketplaces — now and in the future.
It’s important to understand that this client is a RETAILER, not a manufacturer. For 90% of its 18K Amazon listings, it’s not the actual manufacturer. So the firm is MAP-restricted in terms of what it can do.
We are looking for an PROVEN AMAZON 3P EXPERT who has a playbook for testing and tweaking EVERYTHING, including headlines, copy, guarantees, offers, bonuses, bundles, and more. We’re looking for a driven A-player who understands that there are no average business, only average ways to do business.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and manage digital ad campaigns to meet company targets.
- Create and optimize marketing campaigns and strategies for multiple 3P markets simultaneously.
- Optimize budgets and spending according to paid media ad performance.
- Liaise between sales, external partners, US marketing, and the account to effectively execute retailer-specific merchandising and promotional initiatives.
- Analyze data to determine ways to optimize performance to improve TACoS and other key metrics.
- Provide high-quality performance reports to Firm Leadership.
- Make recommendations to continually improve performance by analyzing internal results, and competitive data, and keeping atop industry trends.
- Document clearly defined action steps and recommendations.
- Proven experience as an Amazon Marketing expert
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- Hands-on e-commerce or online marketplace experience.
- Knowledge of Amazon Seller Central
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Strong ability to multitask.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.