REMOTE – With more than 50 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a Pacific Northwestern for-profit DTC ecommerce client that donates a major portion of its profits to causes such as animal rights, environmentalism, and the eradication of poverty and hunger. In fact, the client’s positioning in the marketplace revolves around its charitable activities, such as running its own 501(c)(3) organization.
We’ve worked with overtly mission-driven clients before — similarly 4ocean, which encourages consumers to reduce marine plastic pollution through the purchase of unique ocean-themed merchandise. Increasingly, this is a smart way to position one’s business, given the worldwide boom in cause marketing. Come to think of it, REI (climate change) and Petco (animal rescue) have been doing this for years.
In fact, “cause marketing” is so widespread nowadays that it’s nearly impossible for mainstream consumers to avoid.
In the case of our client, life-to-date they have given $300+ million in cash and product grants to charities that 1/ Address the root causes of world hunger, 2/ Treat childhood diseases, 3/ Protect and restore the environment, and 4/ Provide for the care of rescued animals in shelters.
These people were do-gooders since before do-gooding was cool.
So here we are: Looking for a world-class Email Optimization Manager to make the world a better place. Here, we will define “world-class” as someone who is an expert at audience development, segmentation, database analytics, email targeting, SMS, and personalization across multiple brands and channels. You need to have the ability to impact any and all areas of an Email Program.
NOTE: There are 3 other people involved in the day to day of their Email program. On some days you’ll be hands on driving day to day initiatives. On other days you’ll be analyzing the data to look for new opportunities and better ways to optimize the process. This role will be a mix of tactical and strategy. You definitely need to have a strong understanding of Email Technologies and Operations. In some cases this role could be seen as an Email Project Manager.
There is no room for ego here. You need to be a team player and someone who can work in a very flat org. You won’t be bogged down in the minutia of email production. This role is more about identifying the “right” person, product, time, message, and promotion for each campaign based on DATA …
What do the numbers say about who’s buying WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW, HOW MUCH, and WHY? There’s nothing as devastating to a marketing opinion as a number! Where can we do a better job of automating the process?
These folks are looking to take a much more sophisticated approach to how they communicate with their customers via Email and SMS to drive more money to the bottom line (and subsequently all the causes they support).
What you’ll be doing …
As the firm’s Email Optimization Manager, you’ll be responsible for analyzing customer behaviors and conversion points to drive an email strategy that aligns with company profitability goals.
You’ll be responsible for creating standardized and ad hoc reports with associated conclusions and recommendations for optimizing the client’s email marketing channel from subscriber acquisition and retention to product sales conversion and traffic-driving.
You’ll also be responsible for analyzing data for a suite of brands and all email marketing program types, as well as advising on the construction and continuous optimization of segmented audiences and personalization tactics for each. This includes mining both customer and product data, the analysis of ecommerce sales within the email marketing channel, and ensuring alignment with the company’s merchandising plan.
This role is all about improving operational efficiencies and improving on customer communications. You’ll take part in all areas of the Email Program but will definitely have a very heavy focus on the Automation roadmap.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Conduct segmentation analysis and database mining in order to drive the program’s personalization strategy
- Identify gaps in the Email program and either take imitative to build a fix or work with cross functional teams to improve
- Identify customer groups and make continuous and timely recommendations for audience segmentation and personalization tactics for each
- Prepare statistical analysis of customer behaviors and present insights to the email marketing team and management
- Perform analysis of email marketing campaigns and report on their effectiveness to maximize sales and profit
- Develop expertise in Bluecore (and Active Campaign) and make recommendations that leverage the toolset to maximize results
- Collaborate on the construction of tests to hone tactics; produce reports that analyze test performance and help drive testing strategy
- Identify effective strategies at all stages of the customer lifecycle, including acquisition and tactics that increase retention
- Create and keep current reports that assist the team in effective decision-making and that track key performance indicators and associated trendlines
- Identify opportunities to increase upsell, AOV, margin, etc.
- Assist in optimizing ROI of all campaign and team efforts
- Utilize our current technologies to build and optimize customer journeys
- Support execution of day-to-day email marketing activities including set up, audience targeting, testing and deployment of promotional, transactional, and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Advise and execute Email testing optimization including A/B testing
- Analyze data and report on key metrics along with making recommendations for additional development and modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred in the area of information technology, economics, marketing, statistics, and/or a behavior science
- 2-5 years’ minimum experience in database marketing, direct marketing and/or marketing analytics
- Experience in Retail and/or Ecommerce business model and promotional tactics
- Ability to summarize detailed data into an actionable recommendation for audiences of varying backgrounds
- Exposure to customer-level analytics such as lifetime value, customer migration, and product affinity
- Highly analytical mindset with the ability to synthesize large data sets into intelligence that can be acted upon
- Ability to adapt to changing directives and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail- and result-oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft and Google product suites
- Strong project/time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with Bluecore and/or ActiveCampaign a plus
- US work authorization (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Data analytics: 3 years (Preferred)
- Email Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ecommerce: 3 years (Preferred)
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.