METRO CHICAGO – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
(Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a confidential client in their search for an Ecommerce Web Manager based in Metro Chicago. At the client’s request, this is a confidential search — so I can’t tell you exactly where this company is located.
Yet because Chicago is a very big place, I should probably give you a hint: It’s just 3.3 miles from this tree. If you know where this tree is, then you’re probably in the area. It’s kinda famous to locals.
So: Do you live within a 30/45-minute drive of this tree?
While you’re chewing on that, rest assured …
This client ain’t no mom-n-pop shop. This is a high growth opportunity with a private equity-backed company. They run a VERY big business selling more than 45,000 products to health and wellness professionals and they operate a 105,000 sq. ft. distribution center.
Just one of this client’s four primary markets, Home Care Providers, is $99 BILLION.
There are 416,000 US-based home care operators offering medical and nonmedical services, including skilled nursing care, personal care, homemaker and companion services, physical therapy and medical social services. This industry also includes in-home hospice care providers. And the market grows every day.
Which makes total sense in light of America’s age demographics.
Currently there are 55 million Americans aged 65/up. In fact, 10,000 Americans turn 65 every day. According to the Peterson-Kaiser HealthTracker, people age 55/up made up 29% of the population but account for more than half all health spending.
To make the most of the market opportunity, the client has several online brands for both B2B and B2C. One of its online stores has 2 million customers, selling life-enhancing products to consumers, schools, government agencies, hospitals, doctors, rehab facilities, durable medical equipment stores and more. My point here is that these folks are rocking it, and the firm’s best days are ahead of it.
Your job will be to manage the CX of the firm’s 5 websites.
The objective of this position is to grow key KPI’s and execute best in class website improvements while providing regular performance updates. It’s a critically important job, given that 80% of the firm’s revenue is driven by five different DTC sites.
Every day, you’ll be making decisions about each site’s promotional strategy, homepage rotation, testing agenda, creative assets, merchandising mix, promotional calendar, product descriptions, and more — all in the name of driving inventory turns. There are an endless number of decisions to make — yet each one can have a meaningful impact on ecommerce profitability.
Naturally, you should have an analytical bias in the way you make decisions.
Each day you’ll be mining data to assess how each site is performing relative to other things (pre-set targets; industry benchmarks; historical levels, etc.). And you’ll be tasked with reporting and leveraging that information to devise new ways to improve each site’s conversion rate.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, and I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. All ecommerce jobs have these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this ecommerce job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Understand user needs, behaviors, pain points and execute improvements.
- Design, conduct and evaluate studies to understand and improve user experience.
- Lead the creation of a vision and strategy that supports a best in class user experience.
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that show merchandising success.
- Analyze sales figures, customers’ reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs.
- Work closely with Creative and Product Management to produce visually appealing and high-converting product images, selling explanatory text, and web pages.
- Translate deep customer and market insights into innovative approaches that allow the company to serve its customers better
- Identify product opportunities by analyzing sales performance across all price points, categories and makes future launch decisions based on data
- Develop and identify online promotional calendar to optimize the customer lifecycle.
- Partner with IT, Marketing, Merchandising, and Purchasing.
- Provides performance updates weekly.
- Stay updated of digital experience best practices and mobile execution from leading omnichannel retailers
- Minimum of 5+ years of total experience in eCommerce and web analytics, CRO and/or A/B test
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable work experience and skills.
- Proficiency with web analytics tools. Google Analytics and Omniture.
- Deep experience conducting A/B and multivariate tests with a focus on conversion rate and UX improvements.
- A sharp mind with the ability to grasp concepts quickly and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work actively with a team and cross-functionally to solve issues and/or create opportunities.
- Must be highly organized.
- Precise project coordination skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in MS Applications. Access, Excel.