North Hills, CA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
(Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with confidential client in their search for a proven Director of Merchandising based in North Hills, CA.
The client offers customized printing and marketing collateral to fit the needs of small to midsize businesses. Not a small market: According to data from the Census Bureau’s Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs, there were 5.6 million employer firms in the United States in 2016. (In all likelihood, there are more now.)
This is NOT your normal “Vistaprint type” one-size-fits-all printing business, and it sure ain’t no mom-n-pop shop: Shipping more than 1 million order per year, this is a sophisticated, high-touch operation which caters to the needs of designers and knowledgeable, design-oriented entrepreneurs everywhere.
The firm’s capabilities include:
- Production facilities in four states
- Multiple offset, digital and large format printing presses
- Robust die cutting capabilities and full service bindery
- Variable data and mailing services
- Same day and next day turnaround
- On-time delivery rate of nearly 100%
- 24/7 Customer Support
And because you’re a merchant, following is a laundry list of the client’s products. You will play a major role in identifying opportunities to improve product pricing and presentation on the firm’s branded websites.
- Aluminum Signs
- A-Frame Signs
- Appointment Cards
- Business Cards
- Carbonless Forms
- Canvas Prints
- CD/DVD Products
- Comp Cards
- Die Cuts
- Door Hangers
- Feather Flags
- Folded Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Greeting Cards
- Hang Tags
- Header Cards
- Loyalty Cards
- Metallic Bookmarks
- Metallic Greeting Cards
- Metallic Save-the-Date Cards
- Metallic Sell Sheets
- Metallic Rack Cards
- Presentation Folders
- Rack Cards
- Sell Sheets
- Self-Seal Envelopes
- Silk Greeting Cards
- Silk Presentation Folders
- Table Tents
- Table Cloths
- Teardrop Flags
- Wall Decals
- Window Clings
- Window Decals
- Yard Signs
The client’s services include: Custom Printing, Mailing Services, and Design Services. As a leader in B2B printing, this company of 1000+ employees has built a very loyal following with one of the highest repeat order rates I’ve ever encountered.
About the Role
As the Director of Merchandising for this sophisticated multi-brand Web-to-Print ecommerce business, you’ll leverage your best-in-class digital merchandising chops to take your team’s skill set to the next level.
PLEASE NOTE: This client seeks a proven ecommerce leader with deep experience in merchandising a digital product. Think: Travel / Gaming / Media / Financial Services / Etc.
Your primary job will be to increase conversion rates on the client’s sites (there are several), and you’ll be expected to leverage the best tools and techniques to know 1.) what users are clicking on; 2.) what they are scrolling past, and 3.) what they are ignoring completely. The name of the game will be improving the yields on your traffic.
YOU get to make it happen.
As you might expect, it will fall to you and your team to monitor the relevant KPIs and analyze trends to address the most promising conversion opportunities based on your customers’ needs. You’ll help drive key decisions on product development and improve all sites based on product sales, pricing, margin and strategies.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with the client’s CEO teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this ecommerce merchandising job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, @ (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Achieve company sales and margin goals.
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies based on collaboration with Marketing, Product Management and Operations teams and driven by data that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives across multiple SMB focused Web-to-Print brands
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that show merchandising success
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Work closely with UX, Design, Content and Product Management to produce visually appealing and high-converting product images, selling explanatory text, and Web pages.
- Translate deep customer and market insights into innovative product approaches that allow the company to serve its customers better
- Work closely with Creative and Content teams
- Identify product opportunities by analyzing sales performance across all price points, categories and makes future launch decisions based on data
- Provide insight and recommendations on pricing
- Ensure new product introduction and assortment pricing is aligned with market/competitors while maintaining appropriate premium.
- Forecast product-level profits/sales and planning budgets
- Understand and communicate impact on business margin objectives by product/brand type.
- Produce post-launch sales information to guide sales/marketing on market impact and opportunities
- Maintain strong relationships with Product Managers, Marketing, Ops Integration (team who sets up product to appear on websites) and IT to ensure clear communication on product launches/changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of product analysis or planning experience in an Ecommerce/Etailer company
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Ecommerce focused on serving SMB customers
- Experience with Website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and A/B testing (e.g. Omniture, Monetate)
- Ability to be part of a team, set challenging standards, and develop strong partnerships
- Strong computer skills, Tableau, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, MS Office, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail oriented
Applications for this ecommerce merchandising job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.