COLUMBIA, SC – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Lews Holdings Corporation in their search for a Director of Ecommerce for their Lews and Strike King fishing brands based in Lexington, SC — right outside of the college town of Columbia.
A lot of folks no idea how popular sportfishing is in America.
Despite competition from video games and increased urbanization, sportfishing remains one of America’s leading pastimes. According to the American Sportfishing Association, America’s anglers generate nearly $50 billion in annual retail sales with a $125 billion impact on the nation’s economy creating employment for 800,000 people.
Let me dazzle you with a few fishing factoids:
Between 2011 and 2018 the number of anglers grew 8 percent, and US anglers now outnumber the population of California. Recreational fishing is now America’s second most popular outdoor activity (after jogging), and more folks sportfish than bowl or play basketball, softball or soccer. And get this: More Americans fish than play golf (23.8 million) and tennis (18.1 million) combined. Who knew?
About Lews Holdings
Lews is an American-based fishing equipment and tackle company that designs, manufactures, and markets rods, reels, lures, and basically anything a fishing enthusiast would need to spend a day on the water. They’re obsessed with quality and innovation. Many of the firm’s executives have been fishing their entire lives, and every Lews team member has a deep personal connection with the outdoors.
Sport fishing is a way of life for these people. They love what they do, which is handy because we live in a time when the fishing industry has never been hotter.
Now, here’s what I didn’t realize until I did my homework for this posting: Fishing is about trust. When an angler has a huge bass on the line, it’s quite possible that’s going to be the only chance s/he’s ever going to get to land it. Literally, those moments can be once in a lifetime. Which is why every angler’s gear is so important. It’s the angler’s user interface, and the zero moment of truth is when the fish bites.
At stake are bragging rights for the rest of the season.
Lews is constantly testing, improving, and innovating it products to make sure that those moments always break the angler’s way. For example, recently Lews relaunched their signature reel, the Speed Spool LFS. It’s pretty badass. With a one-piece aluminum frame, improved bearings, and external braking, the new Speed Spool offers the same reliability and durability experienced angler’s have come to expect from Lew’s.
Check it out.
About the Role
As the company’s new Director of Ecommerce, you’ll report directly to the EVP of Marketing and Ecommerce (whom we’ve known for years). You’ll be responsible for strategic planning and execution of online sales and customer marketing goals for the firm’s ecommerce business, and you’ll ensure that Lews’ etail partnerships (Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BassPro.com, etc) and DTC initiatives not only drive revenue and profits — but also deliver a world-class customer experience.
We’re looking for an established-but-rising star (if you know what I mean) to run the day to day ops of this growing omnichannel ecommerce business. Your new boss is extremely literate when it comes to integrated ecommerce strategy, but that doesn’t mean he’s an armchair quarterback. He simply needs a smart, driven, business-oriented right hand. Figure 70% tactical; 30% strategic.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, and I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
Allan and I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Sales planning and forecasting to meet company’s financial and operational goals
- Development and execution of sales, promotion and customer marketing strategies
- Own and analyze all customer POS/shipment history and integrates those learnings with consumer insights/trends for forecasting purposes.
- Recognize and implement the latest Ecommerce business solutions and techniques in order to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Work directly with leaders of IT, Product and Sales to drive the client’s Ecommerce direction and approach in the direction that is consistent with company goals and objectives and ensures a continued growth trajectory.
- Collaborate with IT and Sales to manage the relationships with all relevant 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Work directly with sales leaders to ensure our B2B strategies and services are meeting/exceeding our customer’s needs and objectives.
- Manage a team of employees that cover our Retail Ecommerce, Direct to Consumer and Business to Business
- College BS or BA degrees required.
- MBA or equivalent experience is desired
- Minimum 5 years P&L experience within the Ecommerce and/or retail industry
- Established network of business and vendor relationships in Ecommerce
- Established track record of demand generation and profitable DTC growth
- Proven track record in bringing a blend of creativity, business rigor and passion that drove meaningful, sustained profits
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Strong ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with wide range of company as well as customer individuals both orally and written.
- Solid project management skills
- Not Required but strongly encouraged – Passion for the outdoors and understanding of the fishing industry
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.