WFH / REMOTE – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the NRF, IR-1000, and B2B communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
ALL NEW: If you’d like to book a 1:1 coaching call with Harry Joiner, CLICK HERE.
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
ALLAN’S COMMENTS: We are working with a niche-based health supplements company whose products have been featured in Forbes, Discover Magazine, WomensHealth, Bustle, and PopSugar. The client seeks a proven, resourceful Director of Ecommerce to take its DTC business to the next level.
About the Company
The client is a leading provider of therapeutic sports nutrition – a method of nutritional supplementation that combines healing principles with performance nutrition. Founded in 2018 by a corrective exercise specialist and best-selling author (currently over 5K copies per month on Amazon!), the company’s category-busting supplements have won multiple awards, including NutraIngredients’ Sports Nutrition Product of the Year.
While the client is primarily a DTC ecom business, it also has growing channels selling directly to professional sports organizations and wholesale healthcare partners.
The company’s mission and single-sentence strategy is “to become each customer’s most trusted advisor for natural health.” The firm’s vision is to be the most credible therapeutic sports nutrition company in the world, with continuous strategic investments up the supply chain and down the service chain toward full vertical integration.
About the Role
In this role, you can expect to oversee the following channels: D2C ecom (Shopify), site merchandising, project management, and backend development via a third party agency.
Broadly speaking, we’ll be looking to YOU to lead the firm’s 1/ DTC Shopify ecom backend, 2/ front end (mostly as it pertains to merchandising and conversion rate optimization), and 3/ some ecom ops.
You won’t need specific ecom ops experience — but you will need to be the kind of person who likes to make the trains run on time. This role is perfect for a hands-on doer who can roll up their sleeves and make stuff happen. Ideally, you are already a business-oriented, tech-savvy ecom manager with Shopify and funnel hacking experience who is ready to transition to a Director level role.
We are looking for an onsite ecom expert who understands ecom technology, although you don’t have to be a coder, per se. In this role, we need a results-oriented ecommerce leader with a track record of managing profitable growth and capable of managing the entire tech and merchandising stack.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated hands-on experience building and managing a DTC ecommerce strategy to hit high-level company KPIs.
You will be directly responsible for managing website development via third-party developers, taking ownership of CRO and website experience, and implementing merchandising initiatives to drive conversion, retention, and LTV.
Success in this role will largely depend on your ability to turn the website into a highly tuned asset, work cross-functionally with the Director of Content to improve website experience, and be the glue that holds projects and processes together behind the scenes.
For a self-starting, KPI-driven ecommerce professional, the sky is the limit. You will be at ground level of a fast-growing entrepreneurial ecommerce company, with loads of autonomy and the ability to grow the ecommerce organization underneath you.
The client’s revenue per employee well exceeds 7 figures per year, and it needs an ecom pro to take over the website, merchandising, and operations so Management can focus on growth and innovation in other areas. In particular, we’re looking for a proven A-player to play a key role in …
- Hands-on ShopifyPlus site management: You will be in charge of the DTC site experience
- Conversion rate optimization: UI, testing, implementation, funnel hacking
- Managing in-house or third-party developers: All web development projects
- Building reports and analyzing data using Google Analytics while executing KPI goals
- Leading Project Management: Serving as the key owner/driver of multi-step projects, leveraging project management software such as Trello, Asana, etc. (This may include implementing new software programs, establishing procedures, and more.)
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every ecommerce job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day/week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPIs that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you’ll keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this ecommerce job.
I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Allan Seibert, at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and aligning ecommerce plans with the company vision.
- The Strategic and Tactical owner and project manager for all ecommerce onsite and customer experience initiatives.
- Own the strategy, roadmap and day-to-day execution of the website experience including all site merchandising, testing and optimization.
- Manage development and IT projects (via in-house team and third-party developers) for site performance, stability, and simplicity.
- Use analytics and testing tools to continually drive improvements in website conversion rate, AOV, customer experience, retention, and LTV
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of trends and opportunities around e-commerce technology, merchandising, site architecture, and applications
- Cross-Functional responsibilities for improving Retention, LTV, Email/SMS
- The core focus of this role is the management and optimization of our client’s D2C website (Shopify Plus) with an emphasis on improving the Website Conversion Rate and Customer Lifetime Value (LTV).
- This will include: managing an external dev team, analyzing all site and traffic-related data, building reports, managing A/B tests, and utilizing project management software such as Trello)
- Implement the SEO plan (via agency) to drive organic traffic.
- Results-oriented ecommerce experience with a track record of managing profitable growth and capable of managing the Shopify platform and merchandising stack.
- Demonstrated experience building and implementing (hands on) plans to hit high-level D2C company KPIs.
- 3+ years hands-on experience managing Shopify platform (Shopify Plus STRONGLY preferred)
- 3+ years experience overseeing ecommerce website development (coding language knowledge not required)
- Hands-on experience with Web Analytics and Site Optimization tools (A/B Testing, Heatmapping, etc)
- Site Merchandising experience from the Homepage to PDPs
- SEO best practices
- Checkout Optimization, UX and CX experience
- Experience with Email and SMS would be highly preferred.
- Experience analyzing customer journeys and developing more sophisticated automation
- Experience with any of the following tools should be highlighted on your resume: Klaviyo, Shopify, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Zipfy