ecommercejobs REEDS Jewelers
WILMINGTON, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest digital marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with REEDS Jewelers in their search for a world-class Director of Digital Marketing and Analytics based in beautiful, beachy Wilmington, NC.
Let me start out by saying that we have an absolutely INSANE amount of information on this position. Our market research includes a diamond industry report from DeBeers (US sales up 4% last year), plus we have reports from First Research and IBIS World as well.
On top of that, the notes from our kickoff call with this role’s hiring manager exceed 10 pages! Applying for this role without this information will be like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
If you are a qualified candidate, this information is yours for the asking.
Now then: REEDS Jewelers is the largest family-owned retail jewelry chain in North America. The firm sells diamonds, watches, and a large selection of fine jewelry from top designers in over 85 retail stores across 18 states as well as online at Reeds.com.
Headquartered in Wilmington, REEDS is a 74-year old company that started selling on the web in 1996. And get this: The company actually accepts Bitcoin online and in-store. Amazingly, REEDS co-developed the world’s first luxury Android smartwatch with LG Electronics, the LG Urbane Luxe.
Jewelry: There’s still plenty of growth to be had.
While the world is shifting under the feet of luxury marketers, diamond jewelry still represents an $80 billion global market annually. In fact, online jewelry growth in the US is twice that of retail stores. Roughly 10% of all US diamond jewelry (by value) is sold online and 40% of all US jewelry purchases are researched online.
And here’s the thing:
Established brands like REEDS can and are doing well online because diamonds are nature-made and therefore extremely difficult to standardize. Diamond lovers want the real thing and they don’t usually know who’s certifying their diamonds: It could be a legitimate high-standard laboratory -OR- a lab with lax standards.
Fact is, ALL labs (both good and bad) use the same terminology for color, cut, and clarity — so it’s critical that consumers rely on trusted brands to help them buy the stones that will commemorate the most important decisions of their lives.
About the Role
You’ll be mining the data to assess the leading and lagging indicators of success for specific marketing initiatives: Are they making money? How much? How do you know? How can REEDS initiatives be replicated, scaled and improved? How can things like content distribution improve turn REEDS’ funnel into a greased chute? Currently REEDS’ digital decisions are influenced by both feel and fact.
You’ll be expected to review the firm’s digital KPI’s on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and DO SOMETHING with the data.
Naturally, collaboration is critical. Plan on meeting regularly with internal and external resources regarding digitally enhanced offline marketing opportunities, product launches, and brand specific promotional plans.
You’ll be responsible for cost-effectively growing qualified traffic for both proprietary AND mass brand assortments while increasing the firm’s brand awareness and penetration of geo markets beyond its east coast and midwest store footprint. The name of the game is to build a data driven organization with enhanced personalization in its marketing campaigns.
In the luxury business, you don’t find customers for your products. You find products for your customers. You’re in the relationship business. Your job is to constantly engage your clients’ fantasy lives.
Look it: Why would someone ever buy a $5,000 watch? No logical reason if it’s just to know the time. It’s more important than that. It’s about how such things make us feel about ourselves when we wear them. It’s about personality and personal fulfillment.
Your job is to help REEDS’ clients understand that jewelry is a validation of their own significance, a way to recognize life’s moments to remember, and a source of deeper meaning than the product itself. Apple watches are not going to kill mechanical watches any more than Nike killed Jimmy Choo.
There’s a difference.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your typical recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert for this info at (706) 318-1196.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- At least 5 years’ experience in digital marketing and online sales, preferably consumer focused. Luxury or fashion experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in ecommerce sales marketing and segmentation management
- Strong familiarity with multiple DTC channels
- Leadership experience managing direct reports and indirect resources
- Experience managing and developing third-party service providers
- Experience evaluating, negotiating and implementing new marketing technologies and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to influence and drive decisions
- Excellent collaboration skills in cross-functional teams
- Experience managing Paid Search, paid Social, Display and Email
- Experience managing a third party SEO agency
- Experience with Personalization
- Experience with Content Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of web analytics, CRO and/or A/B test analysis experience
- Expertise in web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics or similar)
- Experience with testing/optimization/personalization platforms (Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.)
- Large scale site optimization projects exposure is a plus.
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, strong collaboration, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity and desire to succeed.
- Understanding of advanced digital marketing strategies.
- Expert level knowledge of Google Analytics with strong understanding of Google Tag Manager and the tight integration between the two tools.
- Deep experience conducting A/B and multivariate tests with a focus on conversion rate and UX improvements.
- Strong understanding of analytics tagging specs and requirements with the ability to effectively communicate technical details to web development partners.
- Experience developing and presenting enterprise level ecommerce and digital marketing reporting
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.