North Hills, CA – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
(Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with confidential client in their search for a proven digital merchandising leader based in North Hills, CA.
The client offers customized printing and marketing collateral to fit the needs of small to midsize businesses. Not a small market: According to data from the Census Bureau’s Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs, there were 5.6 million employer firms in the United States in 2018. (In all likelihood, there are more now.)
This is NOT your normal “Vistaprint type” one-size-fits-all printing business, and it sure ain’t no mom-n-pop shop: Shipping more than 1 million orders per year, this is a sophisticated, high-touch operation which caters to the needs of designers and knowledgeable, design-oriented entrepreneurs everywhere.
The firm’s capabilities include:
- Production facilities in four states
- Multiple offset, digital and large format printing presses
- Robust die cutting capabilities and full service bindery
- Variable data and mailing services
- Same day and next day turnaround
- On-time delivery rate of nearly 100%
- 24/7 Customer Support
And because you’re a merchant, the following is a laundry list of the client’s products. You will play a major role in identifying opportunities to improve product pricing and presentation on the firm’s branded websites.
- Aluminum Signs
- A-Frame Signs
- Appointment Cards
- Business Cards
- Carbonless Forms
- Canvas Prints
- CD/DVD Products
- Comp Cards
- Die Cuts
- Door Hangers
- Feather Flags
- Folded Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Greeting Cards
- Hang Tags
- Header Cards
- Loyalty Cards
- Metallic Bookmarks
- Metallic Greeting Cards
- Metallic Save-the-Date Cards
- Metallic Sell Sheets
- Metallic Rack Cards
- Presentation Folders
- Rack Cards
- Sell Sheets
- Self-Seal Envelopes
- Silk Greeting Cards
- Silk Presentation Folders
- Table Tents
- Table Cloths
- Teardrop Flags
- Wall Decals
- Window Clings
- Window Decals
- Yard Signs
The client’s services include Custom Printing, Mailing Services, and Design Services. As a leader in B2B printing, this company of 1000+ employees has built a very loyal following with one of the highest repeat order rates I’ve ever encountered.
About the Role
The client needs an “established-but-rising star” who is future-oriented about digital merchandising and can bring strategic thought leadership to the firm’s category management function. The company has multiple ecommerce brands and as the Digital Merchandising Manager you’ll own one category across all of the company’s brands.
You will collaborate with production, sourcing, pricing, product, sales and marketing teams to develop and implement effective plans to that category alongside a number of other Category Merchants.
This isn’t about tweaking a promotional calendar.
This is about internal product advocacy; educating the retention and acquisition teams on how to best market your product; identifying customer pain points, and selling the product to them in language they already use and understand.
Your primary job will be to increase conversion rates on the client’s sites (there are several), and you’ll be expected to leverage the best tools and techniques to know what users are clicking on, what they are scrolling past, and what they are ignoring completely. The name of the game will be improving the yields on your traffic.
YOU get to make it happen.
As you might expect, it will fall to you and your team to monitor the relevant KPIs and analyze trends to address the most promising conversion opportunities based on your customers’ needs. You’ll help drive key decisions on product development and improve all sites based on product sales, pricing, margin and strategies.
PLEASE NOTE: This client seeks a proven ecommerce leader with deep experience in merchandising a digital product. Think: Travel / Gaming / Media / Financial Services / Etc.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with the client’s CEO teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this ecommerce merchandising job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert, @ (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Oversee product strategy and direction for a core product category across multiple e-commerce websites to gain market share and improve profitability.
- Utilize customer insights, product and buyer trends, historical performance, forecasting, and competitive landscape to define product assortment strategy.
- Establish and implement product assortment strategy across multiple brands that is in line with individual brand value proposition, competitive environment and customer demand.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product category to be the internal go-to person. Establish product training to educate different departments.
- Be the in-house expert on competitors, production capabilities, product offering and trends, website experience and pricing/promotional strategies.
- Partner with marketing, website managers, customer service and sales teams to optimize customer experience across all touchpoints and channels.
- Maximize internal production capabilities, identify new technologies, materials and suppliers to expand the product offering to reduce costs and/or drive sales.
- Partnering with all functional areas to drive product category success, including our Executive Team, Marketing, Website Management, Pricing, technology, Finance and Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in a quantitative discipline. Top tier MBA plus.
- 5+ years of merchandising experience with a digital product. Experience with custom products is a plus
- Experience in the printing industry is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Collaborative leader that can achieve cross-functional alignment
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to synthesize information, establish a strategy, drive change and achieve results
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work with top executives directly
- Enjoy being a key member of a diverse and advanced digital marketing team
- Make a difference in a nimble company that is a pioneer in the web-to-print industry
- Ability to establish best practices and lead strategy
- The chance to work with a team that is fun, engaging and driven
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage available
- 401K & company match
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time
- Company-sponsored conferences, trainings, lunch and learn activities and more
Applications for this ecommerce merchandising job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.