DALLAS, TX – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based recruiting firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with an up-and-coming DTC brand in their search for a Social Media Strategist based in Dallas, Texas.
Altough we’re not listing the company’s name in this posting, you can probably figure it out with a little sleuthing.
The firm designs, manufactures and markets two consumer product lines: One is oriented around sleep and the other involves LED lighting. Both product lines are really cool — which, trust me: We get a ton of recruiting opportunities, and if we thought that either the company or its products were lame, we wouldn’t have taken their search.
Both product lines have everything an entrepreneur would need to make a go of it:
- An addressable market,
- An affordably reachable target customer with a well-defined problem,
- An easy path to distribution,
- A reality-based revenue model, and
- Access to the right financial and human capital.
Previously, we have closed searches for companies in the “sleep economy” and even in a down economy, consumers recognize quality sleep as a key component of a healthy lifestyle. According to Casper’s recent S-1, “As consumers become educated around the serious potential health consequences of poor sleep, they are poised to spend more on sleep products in the same way that they have increased spending in other areas of health and wellness.”
Strong Management with a Deep Affinity for its Markets
The company was founded by a seasoned entrepreneur with 20 years of solid CPG experience. During his first go-round in the lighting business, he and his boss started a company from scratch, shipping their first orders from the boss’s home. Eventually, they built a large wholesale business selling to retailers like Sears. When the boss decided to sell the firm, our client’s founder decided to start his own company. After all, he had intimate knowledge of the suppliers, trends, and product development cycles.
This was roughly five years ago — and today, the founder is running a $12 million business selling to Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, and so on. The company just hire a badass new Director of Ecommerce (through us), and you’ll be reporting to him — which is a GREAT thing.
The company has TWO online stores; one for each product line. Obviously, we’ve reviewed both sites and in terms of creative, positioning, and messaging, they are pretty darn solid. Both brands have a strong “sense of self” — which is more than we can say of many DTC ecom newbies.
(Not hating, but very often the hardest part of getting started in DTC is knowing one’s brand’s place in the world: Who are you? What do you do? What’s your vision? What wave are you riding? Who shares your brandscape? What makes you the “only?” What should you add or subtract? Etc.)
From a branding and positioning standpoint, you’ll have the wind at your back.
Now the question becomes: How can YOU — as a rising star in social media — make that work to your advantage as you market both DTC sites? The answer lies in your ability to gain traction through social media marketing that integrates and leverages the firm’s other activities in SEO, PPC, display, programmatic, retargeting, email marketing, and content marketing. Like so …
From Day One you’ll have your hands full, but that doesn’t mean you’ll be overwhelmed. The firm’s social media presence has never lived up to its potential — so many quick wins await the rising star who can …
- Design and develop a smart, brand accretive social media strategy,
- Create engaging content,
- Target and source the right influencers and affiliates, and
- Boost returns on paid social.
The team will be relying on YOU to target and engage the right audiences with the right content on the right platforms — but also, they’ll expect you to develop an understanding of WHERE each audience is in the buying cycle and exactly WHAT ROLE your content will play.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
My partner, Allan Seibert, I spent a ton of time on the phone with the client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every social media job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard ecommerce job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this social media job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Build and execute a profitable, brand accretive social media strategy
- Create and own the social media calendar
- Develop influencer and affiliate strategy
- Source, vet and manage influencers and affiliates
- Create highly engaging content
- Update, monitor and moderate social media accounts
- Write blog posts
- Review social media analytics and modify the social media strategy based on the results
- 2+ years of social media work experience, preferably with a consumer products company.
- Experience planning social media calendars and using scheduling tools.
- Experience with working with influencers and affiliates.
- Working knowledge of paid social and social analytics.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and social media platforms.
Applications for this ecommerce job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To apply for this job please visit ecommercejobs.com.