HOME BASED – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
(Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a Confidential Client in their search for a home-based Amazon Account Manager. Have you ever worked from home? I work from home and it’s flat out amazing. You should try it sometime.
(Like now, maybe.)
Although this is basically a home-based job, you’ll be interacting with coworkers from across many functions within this company: Purchasing, Logistics, Merchandising, Marketing and more. Therefore, the hiring manager would like to see you several times a month. Meaning, it’d be best if you live in metro Chicago.
But here’s where my job as the recruiter gets tricky.
Because this is a confidential search, I can’t tell you exactly where this company is located. Yet because Chicago is a very big place, I should probably give you a hint: It’s just 3.3 miles from this tree. If you know where this is, then you’re probably in the area. If you don’t but you’re very much an Amazon 3P / FBA rising star, we’d love to hear from you anyway. You still might get the job.
So … Do you live within a 15 mile radius of of this tree?
While you’re chewing on that, rest assured …
This client ain’t no mom-n-pop shop. This is a high growth opportunity with a well-resourced company. They run a VERY big business selling more than 45,000 products to health and wellness professionals and they operate a 105,000 sq. ft. distribution center. Which should come in handy, because …
Just one of this client’s four primary markets, Home Care Providers, is $99 billion. That’s billion, with a “B,” according to IBIS World. That’s insane. Imagine what that must look like on Jungle Scout.
There are 416,000 US-based home care operators offering medical and nonmedical services, including skilled nursing care, personal care, homemaker and companion services, physical therapy and medical social services. This industry also includes in-home hospice care providers. And the market grows everyday.
Which makes total sense in light of America’s age demographics.
Currently there are 55 million Americans aged 65/up. In fact, 10,000 Americans turn 65 every day. According to the Peterson-Kaiser HealthTracker, people age 55/up made up 29% of the population but account for more than half all health spending.
To make the most of the market opportunity, the client has several online brands for both B2B and B2C. One of its online stores has 2 million customers, selling life-enhancing products to consumers, schools, government agencies, hospitals, doctors, rehab facilities, durable medical equipment stores and more. My point here is that these folks are rocking it, and the firm’s best days are ahead of it.
Your job will be to grow the company’s 7-figure Amazon 3P business to 8-figures and beyond.
There are no fires to put out in terms of bad or fake reviews. And while there have been occasional hiccups regarding backend logistics, those have been minor and the client doesn’t expect too many problems tightening up their shipping window as Amazon more broadly rolls out one-day Prime. The client has 3,000 ASINs on Amazon and could easily triple that number in the next 24 months.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this Amazon Account Manager job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner @ (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Amazon Marketplace: Create and deliver the Amazon plan going forward, and identify any product gaps to fulfill plan.
- Define and implement a collaborative planning process to meet Amazon sales plans
- Execute activities for Amazon marketplace
- Analyze Amazon 3P product mix and execute accordingly. FBA and Non FBA and optimization of each.
- Monitor inventory levels and keep internal departments informed.
- Maintain and update all pricing.
- Manage marketing promotions and AMS spend
- Provide performance updates weekly, inclusive of identifying / interpreting trends and communicating changes to sales forecast and plan.
- Communicate findings, solutions and best practices to internal and external stakeholders to drive future growth
Provide other marketing channel support as required, including
- Support more content (Copy, Images, Videos) to website to improve conversion rates
- Optimize on site search to display the best results.
- Implement SEO on page recommendations
- Add new website categories as needed.
- Monitor Social activity and make posts
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable work experience and skills.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools with a strong financial/analytical acumen.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be highly organized.
- Precise project coordination skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in MS Applications.
- Hungry: an insatiable desire to achieve
- Accountable: a person who takes ownership for results and how those results are achieved
- Ability to switch between the “balcony” and the “dance”: able to be both strategic and executional
Applications for this Amazon Account Manager job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.