DALLAS, TX – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest web development jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a confidential client based in Dallas, TX …
Because of the confidential nature of this search plus the somewhat unique nature of the client’s business, I’m going to be fairly opaque about what we’re looking for here.
This position’s title is a little misleading. This is a highly technical role that’s all about running the firm’s huge transactional ecommerce site as well as the technology backbone of the rest of the business. For a deeply experienced ecommerce technologist, this is a great ecommerce job managing all development as well as leading an experienced team of developers in an agile environment.
Your job will oversee all technical vendors while monitoring the firm’s technical dashboards. In a typical day you will find yourself conducting standup meetings with your team — making sure everyone’s on the same page as you mentor, guide and consult with various project owners regarding parameter definitions, KPI’s, project bottlenecks and more.
Projects could include making well-informed changes to the desktop site or mobile site (to improve how they work together), reviewing / testing / modifying WordPress plugins and basically optimizing the site’s product / market fit.
These projects may well involve managing international developers who have taken on smaller side initiatives. It will be up to you to scope these outsourced projects, get the quotes, negotiate the rates, and interview your technical resources to make sure they are competent and responsible.
Naturally, it’ll fall to you to ensure that there’s complete alignment between the firm’s internal customers and external suppliers. This implies that you will know the difference between the projects that should be outsourced (or not) given each initiative’s reach, impact, confidence, and effort.
This isn’t like most web development jobs.
Ideally, we’d want you to have a teachable point of view on the major trends that are redefining enterprise IT infrastructure. (Click here for some light reading on this subject.) If your 5-7 year goal is to be a mid-cap CIO, then this role will get you pointed in that direction.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this web development job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- 5+ years ecommerce experience
- Systems monitoring experience
- Excellent management skills – Needs to run a dev team of 5+ people
- WordPress/Woocommerce experience preferred but not required.
- Vendor management experience
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.