LOS ANGELES – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with First Media in their search for an SVP of Ecommerce based in sunny Los Angeles.
First Media is a multi-platform, millennial focused content publisher with 1.9 billion monthly Facebook views. That’s billion with a “B.” Leading the pack through social media platforms, digital, video, and cable television, First Media delivers targeted content to young women and moms through their everyday go-to entertainment outlets.
The company has been hugely successful for one simple reason: It offers the inspiration its young, female, and affluent audience wants and needs. Combined, First Media’s social platforms (Blossom, So Yummy and Happier) have 52+ Million total FB followers. Each month more than 100 million young women engage with First Media’s content. Incredibly, its views are 100% organic. That’s insane.
BabyFirstTV: Content for Millennial Moms
First Media operates the world’s leading 24/7 baby network — BabyFirst — which is available in 120+ million homes in 33 countries and in 13 languages. In America, BabyFirst is available on DirectTV, Comcast Xfinity, Dish Network, Time Warmer Cable, Charter, AT&T U-Verse, Google Fiber and Verizon FiOS. It’s also available on all the leading OTT players such as Netflix, AppleTV, Hulu, Amazon Video, YouTube and more.
If you were a baby, videos like this would rock your world:
So here’s the concept for the business:
BabyFirst is more than a TV network; It’s also a destination for millennial moms. BabyFirst offers fun crafts and DIY projects to complete with little kids. It’s got bite-sized food videos for moms and kids to enjoy together. And it serves up inspirational and motivational stories, thoughts and quotes.
Online, BabyFirst TV offers one of the web’s largest collections of educational resources, nursery rhymes, and cartoons for babies. Its programing is among the world’s best at helping “older babies” aged 12-36 months learn, which makes the BabyFirst community the go-to destination for the things young moms want to hear, learn, and discuss. Having a baby can seem overwhelming, and these young moms need the Baby First community.
About this LA Ecommerce Job
First Media seeks an SVP of Ecommerce to grow its online store at BabyFirstTV.com. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the ecommerce channel of a fast growing, top tier social media publisher. First Media’s branded content spans multiple verticals including food, beauty, parenting, and home décor — which will help you get traction in these categories as this ecom business grows.
About the Market
The Online Baby Product Sales industry, which retails goods for infants and toddlers such as furniture, toys, strollers, formula, apparel and diapers over the internet, has expanded rapidly over the past five years. Industry operators have benefited from rising consumer acceptance of online shopping, both through traditional websites as well as mobile websites and applications.
The proliferation of broadband internet and smartphones, along with consumers’ increasing reliance on the internet for activities like shopping, has driven demand for baby products. As a result, industry revenue is forecast to skyrocket at an annualized rate of 11.8% over the next five years.
But you’ll have to fight for your share of that market:
In response to the success of pure play specialty etailers, multichannel retailers have gotten very aggressive in the baby space. Benefiting from their brand recognition and existing infrastructure, these larger companies have gained market share fairly quickly.
Moreover, improvements in technology have lowered barriers to entry, further promoting growth in the number of industry operators. This has kept price competition high and profit margins low over the last five years. Regardless, the industry’s growth should continue through 2021 with revenue projected to reach $8.8 billion.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this LA ecommerce job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- The SVP of Ecommerce directs the development and business models of the overall ecommerce strategy
- Help ensure the functionality of all ecommerce processes from the consumer end to back-end systems which process payments and initiate shipments/logistics
- Supervise and collaborate with a number of teams that work on content, web design and usability to create an optimal experience for current and prospective customers. You don’t need to be a UX Jedi in this role, but you certainly need to know what every designer needs to know about people.
- Interface with marketing and content department to help emphasize and push offerings towards consumers
- Optimize UI/UX experience and funnel to maximize ARPU
- Ensure that all back-end systems and procedures operate correctly; includes online payment authorization and processing methods
- Handle online security
- Expand current services, grow online market share, and increase efficiency of online sales models
- Generate and approve budget of the ecommerce team
- Ensure qualified traffic is being driven to the website through online acquisition initiatives
- Stay up to date with ecommerce technology changes and trends
- Make appropriate recommendations for the ecommerce platform/s to improve the customer acquisition process
- 8+ years of experience in consumer driven business
- Worked at a digital media publisher (e.g.: BuzzFeed / PopSugar / Refinery29 / others). We are looking for some who understands this business AND this customer.
- Extensive practical experience in the ecommerce business sector as a merchandiser, web presence marketer, or a similar role
- Strong understanding of the numerous channels that drive traffic and conversion
- Extensive experience running and reporting on ecommerce KPI’s
- Strong presentation skills
Applications for this LA ecommerce job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.