MIDWEST USA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Digital Marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a world-class designer and manufacturer of apparel accessories in its search for a Director, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce based in the Midwest …
This is a really great digital marketing job.
The client designs and markets at least 10 different types of accessories across the internet — both on its own D2C websites as well as on third-party markets such as Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com etc. Its brands are instantly recognizable, and the company is private equity backed.
This is neither a workout nor a turnaround: The business is growing like a weed, and the company has everything a private equity backer could want in an investment opportunity, including …
- An understandable business with favorable underlying economics selling to a huge addressable market,
- A number of well accepted problems addressed by its highly functional product portfolio,
- A clearly defined target customer,
- An obvious path to distribution for both retail and wholesale buyers,
- A proven, stable revenue model,
- Long-term scalability plus barriers to entry, and
- Access to the right technology and team.
About the Role
As the firm’s new Director, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce, you will be responsible for developing the company’s digital marketing strategy as well as driving 1.) direct revenue online, and 2.) indirect revenue though whichever channel the customer decides.
We’re looking for a someone who’s digitally savvy yet channel agnostic. Meaning, your job will be to cost effectively market the firm’s entire product portfolio to more people, more often, for more money in resource friendly, brand accretive ways that make the customer feel better about herself because of her relationship with the firm’s brands …
… No matter who takes credit for the sale.
Obviously, you’ll need to be a team player who sees the business through the customer’s eyes, researching and knowing … who they are … where they are … how they think … how they search for your products … how they buy … and even how they use the product. The big idea is that knowing such things about a customer enables great marketers manage those customer relationships across multiple products and multiple platforms throughout their entire lifecycle.
You will inherit a team that is new, hungry, and eager to be developed. Early on, most of your team’s marketing successes will be driven by paid search with Google Adwords and PLAs. But in Q1 2018, we’d like to see you put a dent in the organic SERPs with better content and improved linking strategies.
Not rocket science.
In five years, our client would like to be doing roughly 30-40% of its total business online — which would make this a VERY important, reputation enhancing role for you. Your mission will be to make present the brands online as distinct and unique while turning the sales funnel into a greased chute.
How that happens will be up to you.
As usual, I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Drive the firm’s US consumer ecom business while lending expertise to its Asian and Canadian efforts.
- Lead all strategy development and execution for ecom including digital marketing, social media, mobile, and new site functionality.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of the firm’s D2C ecommerce business, including vendor/technology assessment, design, global coordination and project management.
- Lead the design / delivery of a best-in-class customer experience. Here we’ll expect you to rely on data-driven insights to identify opportunities to deliver an optimal online experience.
- Enhance testing strategies that ultimately accelerate sales and improve the customer experience.
- Test and pilot new initiatives to increase “learn rates,” report performance, and communicate relevant trend information to the firm’s Executive Committee.
- Increase online customer acquisition by working with key online vendors and agencies.
- Work with Creative, Marketing, and Category Managers to enhance the look and feel of the firm’s digital assets while satisfying the content requirements of the online business. Here you will be expected to integrate key design, content, and messaging initiatives into your team’s work product including all new sites and landing pages.
- Make timely and accurate decisions regarding D2C product assortment and inventory position to satiate consumer demand online. Here you’ll coordinate all ecommerce inventory planning with category supply chain managers to optimize your stock with the firm’s wholesale businesses.
- Maintain healthy partnerships with Category Management, Marketing Services including Graphics, IT / Business Solutions, Customer Service, Consumer Affairs, and Fulfillment / Warehouse ops.
- Lead technology support for expanded B2B online efforts, including coaching / advising those responsible for B2B content management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 10 or more years of proven digital marketing and ecom experience successfully growing online businesses
- Deep knowledge on online merchandising, SEM, SEO, social media, and lead generation. REQUIRED: Deep understanding of paid media channels, PPC, paid social, affiliate, retargeting, programmatic, and display.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac environments and in office management applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with web design and publishing tools (Photoshop, FTP applications, HTML)
- Understanding of online marketing and web design techniques
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.