PHILADELPHIA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
This is one of the coolest analytics jobs we’ve seen all year.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with RevZilla in their search for a Senior Web Analyst based in Philadelphia, PA.
RevZilla sells motorcycle apparel, accessories and parts to a rabid fan base of motorcycle enthusiasts. It’s is a multi-brand retailer focusing on the most premium aspects of its vertical, catering typically to sophisticated 30+ year old males.
RevZilla’s not a discount play. They’ve built an amazing brand through video, making motorcycling appeal to just about everyone …
At well over $100 million in revenue on traffic exceeding 2 million monthly uniques, RevZilla has been in hypergrowth mode since its founding in 2007. Today, with over 200 employees and a clear roadmap to being the category killer, it’s easy to imagine RevZilla with a 9 figure top line in the not too distant future.
Although RevZilla is not price driven, it is price competitive. It produces highly engaging content and video to attract and engage riders worldwide, and it’s proud to offer the highest rated customer support in its industry. At its core, RevZilla is a technology and customer experience company run by mototech geeks.
See for yourself …
How big is the motorcycle apparel and accessories market?
Pretty damn big. According to First Research, the global motorcycle manufacturing industry is expected to reach $90 billion by the end of this year. This bodes well for RevZilla should it decide to pursue international growth opportunities. Leading countries for motorcycle manufacturing include China, India, Japan, and the US. IBIS World ballparks the size of the US motorcycle dealership and repair industry at $22.5 billion, generated by 5,039 businesses.
Here’s what really interesting: The overall parts and accessories business took a huge hit during the recession, as per capita disposable income weakened and consumers grew bearish on the economy. However wealthier motorcycle enthusiasts continued to consume as the stock market recovered, which lifted overall revenue for the category 4.7% last year.
With the economic recovery now in full gear, the motorcycle parts industry is expected to grow briskly through 2018. This bodes well for RevZilla, as the firm seeks to be the premier destination for people who absolutely love motorcycling and want to invest in the best equipment and ride money can buy.
About the role
The Senior Web Analyst will oversee site analytics initiatives, developing and managing reports and processes to evolve RevZilla’s data-driven decision making. This position will be responsible for delivering insights and analysis on RevZilla’s content and ecommerce sites across the organization (from Marketing to UX to Customer Service to the C-suite).
RevZilla is in high growth mode and the firm needs worldclass analysts who can drive the business forward with custom reports, actionable insights, and new ideas. It’s all about helping the team develop a better way to serve customers and enhance their overall experience with RevZilla.
To be successful in this job, you must have a proven ability to gather / interpret / leverage site data that allows your colleagues to “see the business through the customer’s eyes” and then use your findings to improve the business. Your responsibility won’t stop with producing and routing pretty reports. It’ll be up to you to make sure that your findings are actually baked into future iterations of RevZilla’s business.
This is an EXTREMELY high profile analytics job.
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We’ve got a hefty amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert for this info at (706) 318-1196.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Collaborate across teams (IT, Creative, Marketing, Merchandising, Site Operations, Site Project and Site Experience teams) to continuously improve the User Experience, collecting and analyzing data to present findings and recommendations
- Provide funnel analysis across segments, entry points, etc to optimize the shopping experience
- Generate ad hoc and scheduled reports with KPIs and other supporting metrics; develop analytics dashboards and automated reports
- Segment traffic to understand and optimize user experience based on source, channel, visitor frequency, tenure, demographics, etc.
- Use analytics to inform projects and drive product decisions pre- and post-launch
- Work with our Project and UX teams to supplement quantitative analysis with qualitative data including surveys, user testing, and focus groups
- Oversight and coordination of tracking tags, tracking strategy, and tag management on site
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience pulling, aggregating and manipulating data
- Mastery of Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred) including creation of custom reports and segments
- Strong problem solving and analysis experience
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in an ecommerce environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- First-hand experience in analyzing clickstream and web log data to drive actual business results
- Proficiency with SQL, Google BigQuery
- Motorcycle ownership/riding experience
- Experience with testing/optimization platforms (Monetate, Maximyzer, Optimizely, Test and Target, etc.).
- Experience with BI or data visualization tool (Qlik, Tableau, etc.)
Interviews for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy.