WEST NEW YORK, NJ – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest six figure jobs around.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a profitable market leader in the home textile industry. With offices in New York City, China and India, this vertically integrated firm is headquartered in New Jersey between the Hudson and Hackensack Rivers and is accessible to New Yorkers via the Lincoln Tunnel. Having lived in Hoboken, I know this to be a manageable commute from the City.
Have a look …
The company offers high quality, fashion-forward home decor consisting mostly of trend right bed collections and bath sets. The firm has a wide assortment of products for every room and lifestyle, allowing consumers to decorate their homes in ways that reflect their unique personal styles.
Wanted: Amazon Sales and Marketing Manager
Our client seeks an A-player to grow its business on Amazon. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the marketing and merchandising strategies that drive awareness and move the merchandise. You’ll partner with Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, and Sales Support – so it’s critical that you know how to “work a building.”
We’ll need you to be an expert in Amazon Seller Central, which requires users to be extremely analytical and detail oriented. If you’ve done this job before, you know what a cruel mistress Amazon can be when it comes to shipping, receiving, inventory management, pricing and so on. Winning on Amazon is largely a matter of blocking and tackling (and knowing how to avoid common mistakes).
You’ll have to have your act together.
On paper, the relationship between this client and Amazon looks simple: The client uploads products, Amazon gives them orders, and the client ships product. Easy peasy. Aside from handling the drop shipping for Vender Central, the client also uses Amazon FBA, which is currently the most successful part of its Amazon business.
Yet as the client has grown its business on Amazon, they have experienced some difficulties which remain unresolved. The client does business on more than one third-party market — and having been in the wholesale business for 30 years, they have some idea of which items should be selling on Amazon (but aren’t). This issue could be related to selection or promotion through AMS.
Or perhaps it’s related to pricing.
Traditionally, the client has sold to a number of mom-and-pop 10-20 store retail chains throughout the US. When those accounts find themselves oversupplied on the client’s product, they will dump off excess inventory to local jobbers who then list the products on Amazon – sometimes at significantly lower money.
We’re looking for somebody who understands the intricacies of FBA, AMS and Vendor Central, can “clean up the channel,” and get things moving again. At a minimum, you should be winning the Buy Box for the client’s own brand — which is among the best in the marketplace.
As usual, I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
Our market research alone for this search exceeds 50 pages! Believe me, you don’t want to apply without this intel. To request this packet of research, CLICK HERE. Or simply TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
- Build short term and long term strategic plans for growth while managing the everyday Amazon businesses for the company, focusing on sales and marketing activities, search ranking improvement, and conversion rate optimization.
- Plan, and manage the execution of Amazon Sponsored Products campaigns and Amazon Promotions.
- Identify promotional opportunities and develop promotional calendars.
- Identify sales trend and growth potential, and work with internal departments to increase sales volume on Amazon.
- Daily, hands-on management and optimization of Amazon, working closely with Amazon and our internal sales support team on product data feeds and product listing optimization.
- Oversee, and work with other teams within the organization, on Amazon forecasting, merchandising, pricing, product content, inventory management, market research, and demand generation.
- Work with cross-functional teams on Amazon initiatives (Inventory Control, Distribution Center, Ecommerce, Product Development, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating with Distribution Center, allocation team and customer service team as required during peak season.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or other relevant study.
- 5 years + experience in consumer goods, wholesales business a plus.
- Expert-level understanding of selling on Amazon Marketplace/Seller Central with extensive knowledge of best practices and strategies.
- Ideal candidate should have experience managing a seller account with Amazon of over one (1) Million sales volume.
- Results-driven and able to work with cross-function teams to achieve sales goals.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED