KANSAS CITY, KS – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest KC marketing jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with HalfPriceBanners.com in their search for an SEM / PPC Marketing Manager based metro Kansas City, Kansas.
Since its founding in 2002, Half Price Banners become the #1 ecommerce vinyl banner company in America by combining high-quality printing techniques with a low overhead Midwest location. HPB offers an extremely wide range of final banner options, with resolutions from 100 to 300 dpi and ink coverage from 6 pass to 8 pass, and it heat welds all four sides — providing FOUR layers of vinyl to securely anchor each corner grommet to provide maximum strength.
That’s crazy high quality for a low-cost leader.
On top of its satisfaction and low-price guarantee, HPB has established the best turnaround in the industry with 24/48 hours printing and shipping from the time a proof is approved. These guys are killing it, and they just continue to grow like a weed.
See for yourself …
About the Role
We are seeking an SEM / PPC Marketing Manager to help acquire new leads and customers through online pay-per-click and cost-per-acquisition campaigns. You will be in charge of all performance based online acquisition marketing, managing the strategy, execution, and optimization on the company’s sites.
While the primary focus of this role is SEM through Google Adwords, it’s essential that you understand how Adwords can provide lift / amplification to HPB’s other online marketing initiatives so that “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”
We’re looking for force multipliers here: The key to maintaining HPB’s growth is to make every dollar spent on performance marketing look like $10 (and be able to show your work).
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert for this info at (706) 318-1196.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel, including landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms.
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of these conversion assets.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and changes with SEO and major search engines.
- Manage the strategy and setup of all paid campaigns.
- Measure and optimize our paid marketing using vendor-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, and HubSpot landing page sources reports.
- Craft landing pages and lead-gen forms for our content to distribute through relevant paid programs.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying.
- Analyze and interpret what behaviors and patterns make customers successful and more likely to be converted by the company.
- Create and implement new projects and creative ideas that help improve customer conversion rates.
- Monitor and report to teammates on the performance of various marketing channels and campaigns.
- Collaborate with both frontline marketers and senior leaders to both accurately forecast and craft the right strategies, campaigns, and tests to run.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Thorough knowledge of search ranking and optimization factors and key algorithm updates.
- Proficient in web analytics and keyword tools.
- Experience with data-driven SEO analysis and optimization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search, retargeting, social network advertising (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and more).
- Excellent communicator with ability to sell and convince. You will manage all relationships with vendors and ensure we get the most efficient cost possible.
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.