NEW YORK, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are woking with FullBeauty Brands in their search for a Manager or Director of Analytics based in New York City.
One of the things I love about my job is that it gives me an opportunity to learn about new niches and subcultures. I’ve written job postings about guitarists, survivalists, bow hunters, motorcycle enthusiasts, pet parents, sneaker heads, cheerleaders, equestrians, fly fisherman, reality TV binge watchers, and more. This week I was surprised to learn that plus sized women are neither a niche nor a subculture, but rather a MAJORITY (by a mile) of the US market for women’s clothing.
The stats speak for themselves.
Refinery29 reports that 67% of American women were plus size (size 14/up) even though they only account for 2% of the bodies represented in the mainstream media. Bloomberg estimates that the market for plus size women’s clothing exceeds $20 billion, and most retailers simply ignore it – or turn their noses up at it.
Actually there is: FullBeauty Brands.
As one of the best kept secrets in retail, FullBeauty Brands is an American plus size women’s and men’s apparel and home goods holding company based in New York City. Originally Lane Bryant, FBB was founded in 1901 in New York City. In 1924, the firm launched its mail order business with its first fashion catalog. In 1941, the mail order business moved to Indiana where the company fulfills catalog and online orders from its fulfillment centers in Indianapolis and Plainfield. In 1999, the company’s call center was opened in El Paso, Texas.
In February 2013, the company was purchased by Charlesbank Capital Partners and Webster Capital. In 2015, the company rebranded itself, it was previously known as OSP Group. In October 2015, FullBeauty Brands was acquired by Apax Partners.
FullBeauty Brands’ direct marketing DNA is evident in everything they do for the plus-sized consumer: FBB’s passion and purpose revolves around making the plus-sized consumer feel better about themselves because of their relationship with FBB.
Other well known brands might dabble in this space, but FBB actually exists solely to serve this customer. FBB knows how plus sized people think, what motivates them, what they fear, what makes them mad, what their frustrations and dreams are, and MUCH more.
About the Role
In a perfect world, we’d like to hire an analytics gunslinger like this. Not only will you be tasked with designing and running tests, but you’ll be expected to analyze and present your findings to your colleagues. Perhaps more importantly, you’ll be expected to teach your colleagues how to design and run their OWN tests, and analyze and present their OWN findings.
The ultimate goal is for everyone at FBB to be hypothesis driven and analytically biased in the way they manage the business. As a strategic partner to senior management, you’ll find yourself supporting three key business cohorts:
- Online Strategy Team – To improve and streamline the existing reporting processes, you’ll partner with FullBeauty team members to develop new methods and tools to get more data, more quickly to the team so it can be used to inform opportunities for optimization and growth.
- Online Technology Project Support – You will partner with Online Technology in the implementation of analytics software across all portfolio brands. Your job will be to ensure that all digital assets have proper tracking and analytics functionality, and you’ll prioritize projects to make sure that FBB’s analytics software is maintained and updated.
- Ecommerce Team – You will help FBB’s eShop Team gain insight in real time on what’s happening with the site.
THIS VERY GENEROUSLY COMPENSATED ROLE WILL BE TITLED AT THE MANAGER OR DIRECTOR LEVEL DEPENDING ON THE CANDIDATE. TEXT (404) 281-2025 FOR DETAILS.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead / Liaison for the Business Related Analytics Software or Databases(ie. Adobe Omniture / Sitecatalyst or Google Analytics, Tableau, SAS, etc.)
- Ensure data collection is correct and data elements collected are of use to Online Technology and/or Brand Stakeholders
- Lead in building and maintaining end-user data sets for statistical modeling and analysis
- Identify opportunities to implement or improve on our analytics software to get the latest, and best solutions to access accurate data
- Involved in multiple projects simultaneously; multi-tasking skills needed
- Streamline and make efficiency improvements across various business reporting, consoles, and tools responsible for assisting in the hiring process as well as mentoring and leading data analysts or interns
- Monitoring and analyzing the ecommerce websites using both technical and commercial metrics to identify opportunities for improvements, provide recommendations and establish best practices
- Provide key analytical insights across various business KPIs, issue alerts when key KPIs fall out of normal range
- 3-5 Years of Experience in Web Analytics Software (Adobe Omniture/Sitecatalyst).
- Commercial experience and Deep Understanding in Adobe Analytics Suite, including SiteCatalyst (Custom Segments, Adobe Workspace, Apply Business Rules, etc.)
- Commercial experience in Google Analytics (experience with Google Analytics Premium is a bonus)
- Expertise in Excel, SPSS, SAS and ability to perform advanced analysis
- Implementation of Web Analytics Software (Adobe Sitecatalyst, Google Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a eCommerce Business (Direct Marketing)
- Integrated Marketing Degree Preferred
- Advanced excel skills including arrays, nests, macro creation and API integration
- Microsoft Access experience is a plus
- Strong communication and team-oriented; comfortable interacting with senior managers and consultants
- Self-motivated and self-directed; however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Be able to run and give insights into A/B testing (ie. Monetate)
- Understanding of web technologies
- Proven ability to deliver valuable business insights based on multiple data sources available
- Experience working with, inspiring and influencing cross-functional teams
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.