PHILADELPHIA, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
This is one of the coolest analytics jobs we’ve seen in 2017.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with RevZilla in their search for a Director of Analytics based in Philadelphia, PA. This is a great role for an established technical ecommerce executive with deep experience in data governance and business intelligence.
RevZilla sells motorcycle apparel, accessories and parts to a rabid fan base of motorcycle enthusiasts. It’s is a multi-brand retailer focusing on the most premium aspects of its vertical, catering typically to sophisticated 30+ year old males.
RevZilla’s not a discount play. They’ve built an amazing brand through video, making motorcycling appeal to just about everyone …
At well over $100 million in revenue on traffic exceeding 2 million monthly uniques, RevZilla has been in hypergrowth mode since its founding in 2007. Today, with over 200 employees and a clear roadmap to being the category killer, it’s easy to imagine RevZilla with a 9 figure top line in the not too distant future.
Although RevZilla is not price driven, it is price competitive. It produces highly engaging content and video to attract and engage riders worldwide, and it’s proud to offer the highest rated customer support in its industry. At its core, RevZilla is a technology and customer experience company run by mototech geeks.
How big is the motorcycle apparel and accessories market?
Pretty damn big. According to First Research, the global motorcycle manufacturing industry is expected to reach $90 billion by the end of this year. This bodes well for RevZilla should it decide to pursue international growth opportunities. Leading countries for motorcycle manufacturing include China, India, Japan, and the US. IBIS World ballparks the size of the US motorcycle dealership and repair industry at $22.5 billion, generated by 5,039 businesses.
Here’s what really interesting: The overall parts and accessories business took a huge hit during the recession, as per capita disposable income weakened and consumers grew bearish on the economy. However wealthier motorcycle enthusiasts continued to consume as the stock market recovered, which lifted overall revenue for the category 4.7% in 2013.
With the economic recovery now in full gear, the motorcycle parts industry is expected to grow briskly through 2018. This bodes well for RevZilla, as the firm seeks to be the premier destination for people who absolutely love motorcycling and want to invest in the best equipment and ride money can buy.
About the role
This brand new Director of Analytics role at RevZilla is made for someone whose curiosity drives them … whose data skills support them … and whose leadership raises everyone around them. RevZilla’s business has been moving at light speed and the company’s best days are ahead of it.
As RevZilla’s Director of Analytics, you’ll help build out and coach the data team, mine RevZilla’s marketing and customer data, and add the additional systems the company needs to win in the marketplace. You’ll help accelerate revenue growth and customer engagement in line with RevZilla’s organizational objectives, culture and mission. While optimizing RevZilla’s analytics capabilities, you’ll contribute to the company’s massive engagement and retention opportunity now underway.
As a key member of the marketing organization, you’ll contribute to RevZilla’s success by leading its never ending quest for proprietary insights. That means leading RevZilla’s quest for insights that drive real innovation while increasing speed and accuracy in decision-making across the company. You’ll need to be strategic, natively digital, analytically driven, and possess a proven track record of balancing the latest technologies, trends, and best practices.
- Ability to translate data into action and push out meaningful insights across the organization
- Hiring, motivating, mentoring, and developing team-members to constantly build and evolve RevZilla’s analytics practice
- Build relationships with key functional leaders within the company to incorporate strategic insights into analytical development
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Ownership of team goals, responsibilities and deliverables
- Work with functional areas to identify business opportunities that require advanced analytics solutions. Bringing technical, analytical expertise and business experience to recommend innovative solutions with practical applications.
- Determine when and how to use quantitative research tools and models and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address business problems
- Develop and execute on roadmap to source, profile, prioritize, and ingest customer data across all aspects of the RevZilla customer
- Track and analyze performance in relation to clickstream, paths, transaction, product, marketing channels, and/or customer data using appropriate analytical methods to improve digital marketing return on investment and maximize budgets
- Drive detailed analyses and iterations on LTV, Core Customer, Contribution, etc as they continue to evolve
Bag of Tricks (AKA Skills & Qualifications) Required:
- Ability to lead, manage, and grow a high performing team.
- Extensive Web and Marketing Analytics experience
- Proficiency with tools/platforms including:
- Web Analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Google Tag Manager (or equivalent)
- Fluency in SQL, SAS
- Data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Attribution (e.g. Adometry / Attribution 360, Convertro, Visual IQ, etc.)
- Microsoft Excel
- Building and leveraging APIs
- Background in ecommerce/retail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate data insights to all levels of the company
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.