PHILADELPHIA, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
This is one of the coolest PPC jobs we’ve seen in 2016.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with RevZilla in their search for an Search Engine Marketing Manager based in Philadelphia, PA. This is not the first time we’ve worked with RevZilla, an extremely well-run, fast growing company co-founded by one of the shrewdest, most high-energy entrepreneurs in the Internet Retailer Top 500: Anthony Bucci.
Anthony Bucci is a specimen.
In my career, I’ve interviewed hundreds of ecommerce executives and Anthony is in a league of his own. He’s focused and passionate, and his enthusiasm for both RevZilla and digital commerce is contagious.
Skeptical? Click here, kick back, and just watch Anthony sell. The guy’s a super freak! And what he does is HARD. Have you ever tried to shoot a 9 minute video about something and keep it interesting?? How many takes would you need to make that happen? 5? 10? More? Anthony gets most of his stuff on ONE take. Totally unscripted. Funny. Articulate. Super knowledgeable.
See for yourself …
So, what does RevZilla do?
RevZilla sells motorcycle apparel, accessories and parts to a rabid fan base of motorcycle enthusiasts. It’s is a multi-brand retailer focusing on the most premium aspects of its vertical, catering typically to sophisticated 30+ year old males. It’s not a discount play.
At well over $100 million in revenue on traffic exceeding 2 million monthly uniques, RevZilla has been in hypergrowth mode since its founding in 2007. Today, with over 200 employees and a clear roadmap to being the category killer, Anthony can easily picture an organization with a 9 figure top line in the not too distant future. The company is not price driven, although it is price competitive. It produces highly engaging content and video to attract and engage riders worldwide, and it’s proud to offer the highest rated customer support in its industry. Anthony says “RevZilla is a technology and customer experience company run by mototech geeks.”
How big is the motorcycle apparel and accessories market?
Pretty damn big. According to First Research, the global motorcycle manufacturing industry is expected to reach $90 billion by the end of this year. This bodes well for RevZilla should it decide to pursue international growth opportunities. Leading countries for motorcycle manufacturing include China, India, Japan, and the US. IBIS World ballparks the size of the US motorcycle dealership and repair industry at $22.5 billion, generated by 5,039 businesses.
Here’s what really interesting: The overall parts and accessories business took a huge hit during the recession, as per capita disposable income weakened and consumers grew bearish on the economy. However wealthier motorcycle enthusiasts continued to consume as the stock market recovered, which lifted overall revenue for the category 4.7% in 2013.
With the economic recovery now in full gear, the motorcycle parts industry is expected to grow briskly through 2018. This bodes well for RevZilla, as the firm seeks to be the premier destination for people who absolutely love motorcycling and want to invest in the best equipment and ride money can buy.
About the role
According to this role’s hiring manager, RevZilla’s got some really interesting things going on. Although there’s a strict limit to what we can share in this posting, you can expect to see a marked uptick in RevZilla’s digital business in the next 18 months. Still, RevZilla still runs lean and the company needs A-players more than ever.
In this role, your job is to take over all of the firm’s paid search campaigns, which are essential to its growth. Because RevZilla is looking to do a lot more hiring and team building, it’s essential that RevZilla’s new Search Engine Marketing Manager have solid experience supervising multiple people on the same account(s) to bring their expertise improving workflows and strengthening marketing discipline.
Additionally, we’re looking for someone he knows how to deploy big budgets across multiple platforms in an online retail environment. With this would come next level attribution modeling experience, and the ability to help RevZilla stay competitive in an evolving search marketing landscape. Be prepared to get waist deep in writing and optimizing ad copy and landing pages, as well as (… and these are Anthony’s words) “unsuckifying mobile ROI.”
- Developing, implementing, managing and optimizing Paid Search for Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, and Yahoo Gemini
- Maximizing performance for RevZilla across total SERP experience (Paid Search, SEO and Shopping listings)
- Drive bidding and budget management
- Leading and managing a team of Paid Search juggernauts
- Leveraging your own toolkit from years of successful eComm experience to put the resources and processes in place to succeed
- Executing tests (ad copy, landing page, etc) and strategic plans end-to-end
- Reporting, analyzing, and providing actionable insights for internal teams
- Partnering with internal teams (eg. Social, Creative, Merchandising) to ensure consistent marketing and maximizing business opportunities across channels
- ID/apply best practices and monitor changes in the digital space to identify new opportunities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing large scale Paid Search accounts in Google AdWords and Bing AdCenter:
- End-to-end campaign management (planning, launch, ad testing, experience with 3rd party bid management tools)
- Proficiency with 3rd party bid management tools (eg. Kenshoo, Marin)
- History of hitting/exceeding monthly KPI goals (eg. revenue, ROAS, spend, etc)
- Large-scale, multi-platform, sizable keyword lists, large budget, daily updating, promotional/content management
eCommerce eMarketing management:
- Managing major budget with aggressive revenue growth targets
- Budget allocation and prioritization among business lines
- Demonstrated understanding of how to drive KPI’s (ROAS, sessions, etc) and optimize to different business goals
- Supervisory/management experience
- Minimum 2 years supervising supporting coordinators/specialists
- Supervising team training and development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with web analytics tools (eg. Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and manage workflow in a high-energy, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Advanced Excel/database
- Motorcycle enthusiast (not a requirement!)
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.