NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NY ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Kahn Lucas in their search for a world-class Ecommerce Marketing Manager based in New York, New York — the town so nice they named it twice. If you have a little girl in your life, there’s a VERY high likelihood that you know this company by its flagship doll brand, Madame Alexander.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: The basic premise behind this role is simple: Khan Lucas needs an A-player with all round ecommerce chops and 3-5 years of solid experience with an online retail brand. You’ll need to hit the ground running on Magento while merchandising specific categories, putting specific items on sale when necessary, etc. The position will involve rolling up your sleeves while working closely with both the firm’s VP of Ecommerce and its new Brand Manager.
You’ll help launch TWO New Brands.
Your focus will be on the apparel side of the house which will include Dollie & Me plus two new brands (one of which is a licenced brand based on a VERY popular teen celebrity). There’ll be a lot of issues to tease out between now and this website’s launch in the fall, such as how to make it easy for tweens to get their moms to whip out their credit cards and buy the product. Without being too specific: The new platform will be extremely social, and the social nature of this business will be compounded by the fact that this particular celebrity as a veritable army of followers on Instagram.
You can imagine a model which involves crowd-sourced product design and club-like membership features and functions.
The firm is also putting together a similar deal with a teen-based magazine. That new site is likely to have similar features and functionality, and there will be a high emphasis on social engagement on the site. You can expect to be deeply involved in building a platform that will serve both of these brands, so bring your project management A-game.
We’re looking for a Jack (or Jill!) of all trades.
You’ll be involved in determining the marketing calendar and the cadence of what the company does, as well as executing those programs (ie, setting up form codes and making the trains run on time). We need a team player who can get stuff done and won’t get bent out of shape when the strategy shifts slightly to accommodate trends and timing in the marketplace.
Is this role right for you?
Well, do you have a connection to Tween girls? (I have three daughters — aged 17, 14, and 8 — and they’re are a mystery to me!) But if you understand this market, there’s a fantastic opportunity for you to make an impact at Khan Lucas. Rare is the opportunity to create, launch and manage a new brand — much less TWO brands.
Even more unusual is the opportunity to launch a brand around one of the hottest young celebrities on the planet. You’ll have millions of followers to work with before you get out of bed! Rarer still is the opportunity to do all this from within a stable, well-established apparel company with the design, production and leadership chops to bring these sites to life.
As Khan Lucas’ Ecommerce Marketing Manager, you will handle the development and hands-on execution of digital marketing, including email, search engine marketing, social marketing, online display advertising, and SEO for three brands. Key responsibilities include strategic planning, category management, merchandising, creative development, and ongoing site enhancements and conversion rate optimization.
Khan Lucas is a small, entrepreneurial family owned business. The people who thrive at KL are team players who are comfortable in both C-Suite strategy sessions and personally handling manual site updates. Prepare to get your hands dirty!
If that appeals to you, then we’d love to hear from you! Apply below.
- Support both Ecommerce team and Brand/Marketing team in managing all aspects of Ecommerce including day-to-day email, homepage, marketing, content and promotional planning and executions for three brands.
- Support new, exciting marketing initiatives, and help to develop and execute social media calendar and fashion content
- Monitor online and mobile shopping trends, and maintain knowledge of competition and opportunities in fashion tech
- Continuously gauge usability and content effectiveness by gathering and analyzing data to make recommendations based on those results.
- Develop and run a rigorous A/B testing program on websites, emails, etc.
- Monitor and report metrics on customer satisfaction
- Identify and communicate opportunities for optimization, profitability growth, and improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with IT, external development partners, and various agencies to drive new traffic to the sites and improve the shopping experience.
- Work with IT and external developers to ensure production deadlines are being communicated and met and daily workflow process is optimized.
- Work with QA to ensure site accuracy and availability.
- Manage customer reviews, FAQs and coordinate with customer service and operations teams.
- Manage ongoing site updates via Magento Enterprise suite, including updating merchandise assortment, creative, and other site elements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Marketing, Communication, Technology, or related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience web marketing/ecommerce business experience in D to C environment.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong background in SEO and Organic Search preferred.
- Previous experience managing paid media (SEM social, display, etc) preferred.
- Strong background in e-commerce, fashion, apparel, accessories, celebrity and social brands highly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a brand advocate and have customer focus.
- Thorough understanding of website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools and basic financial concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to lead self and maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit poise under all conditions, work effectively in a small team environment, build effective and respectful interpersonal relationships and be an effective role model for the team.
- Understanding of web technology- graphics, browsers, etc.
- Understanding of online ecommerce, social and marketing space (paid search, comparative shopping, email marketing, affiliates, etc.)
- Self-motivated learner with a natural curiosity for evolving technologies.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently and solve problems proactively.
- Solid mathematical skills – Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Magento, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, highly preferred.
- You must be a team player, willing to roll up your sleeves for whatever is needed.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.