SAINT LOUIS, MO – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Caleres in their search for a Web Analytics Specialist for their corporate headquarters based in Saint Louis, MO — just a hop, skip, and a jump from Washington University, the world reknown (and FREE) Saint Louis Zoo, and the Saint Louis Art Museum. Yessirree, Bob. There’s no better way to spend a sunny day than in St. Louis — the biggest small town in America.
Caleres is a $2.6 billion global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives: Naturalizer, Dr. Scholl’s Shoes, Via Spiga, LifeStride, Vince, and Ryka. Ring any bells?
Formerly Brown Shoe Company, the folks at Caleres are passionate about what they do and their mission is to “help people feel good, feet first.” The firm designs, sources, and markets footwear for women, men, and kids — in addition to operating retail shoe stores. Caleres distributes its products through national chains, department stores, mass merchandisers, independent retailers, online retailers, and catalogs throughout the US.
These folks know what they’re doing.
Caleres operates a vast store network to serve a huge customer base in the US, Canada, Asia, Middle East, and Europe. Worldwide, Caleres operates 1,209 stores consisting of 1,038 Famous Footwear stores and 171 specialty retail stores. Famous Footwear is among the largest branded footwear retailers in the US, and it sells its own branded and licensed products through wholesale operations.
About the Role
Caleres seeks an A-player with a passion for analytics and digital media to join its Famous Footwear marketing team. Specifically, the firm seeks people who deliver …
- Analytic needs of Famous Footwear Omni-channel by gathering and analyzing meaningful consumer indicators and trends for famousfootwear.com using tools like Omniture
- Partnership with Marketing teams, including Content and Digital Media, utilizing insights from data to suggest areas of opportunity and forecasting how adjustments to spend or user experience will affect site performance
- Collaboration with external partners that assist with data collection and reporting to ensure quality, actionable data, as well as internal partners to improve the Famous Footwear customer experience through data driven decisions
- Ability to turn data and analysis into actionable insights through data visualization that can be used by management to help guide strategic decisions to optimize Omni-channel performance, including product placement and media tactics
- Expertise as a resource for Omniture, while assisting other teams in data pulls, report creation, and interpretation of results
- Leadership on projects that ensure comprehensive and accurate website and data tracking and reporting, including, website tagging and attribution modeling
- Strong ability to analyze CRM, clickstream and search engine key word data to gain a thorough understanding of consumer purchase behavior, profiles, and preferences
- Weekly ad-hoc reporting on Omni-channel performance related to revenue, traffic and conversion trends, segmenting data by relevant views such as marketing channel and device type
- Actionable key metrics to track and communicate to senior management, and provide recommendations to improve key performance indicators
- Ability to act as a customer advocate by identifying friction points in the customer journey
For this role, Caleres seeks candiates with these qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Web Analytics, Merchandising, Digital Marketing, and/or Ecommerce Management
- Ability to create actionable insights, stores, and recommendations from big data
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Willingness to ask questions, uncover answers, and propose new ways of thinking
- Technical aptitude as it pertains to web analytics solutions, specifically Adobe Omniture and Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)