CHAPEL HILL, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce channel marketing jobs around!
Honestly, I’d sooner move my family to Chapel Hill than Boulder or Austin.
Nice, huh? Anyway …
Cool company: Youth Digital empowers kids and teens to become digital creators, designers, animators, programmers and developers. The company’s mission is to empower kids globally to create using life-changing technology. It believes that, “The future will be made by creators, not consumers.”
Youth Digital understands that digital skills and concepts should be taught to every child. The company exists to make technology education accessible to children around the world in a manner that is as engaging and effective as it is fun.
How cool is that? That’s like motherhood and apple pie! All American, baby!
Youth Digital offers a compelling mix of online tech-education courses, after-school programs and summer camps for boys and girls, ages 8 to 14, in order to teach them how to code, develop, design and create with technology. Interactive, experiential and discovery-based, Youth Digital’s premium-quality, project-based courses are built on a proven learning platform that is highly engaging, interactive and student-centered.
The company gave one of my kids a freebie to a course and he loves it.
The course has him watching videos, responding to questions, earning badges, completing quizzes, and working through challenging assignments as he moves toward mastering the course material. If your kids are as addicted to their screens as mine are, you should give them an opportunity to actually learn something useful while they’re at it.
About the Education & Training Software Market
Companies like Youth Digital design, develop, market, and support software used in education and training. The North American e-learning industry generates combined annual revenue of about $25 billion. About 850 US companies create software and digital content for the Pre K–12 education segment, a market worth more than $8 billion, according to the Software & Information Industry Association. And the market is growing like a weed.
About the Role
The Channel Marketing Manager will provide reseller and channel partner management. In this role, you will assist resellers on matters such as pricing, configurations, availability, programs and promotions and sell through forecasting. You’ll be responsible for developing long-term partner relations, developing and managing programs to drive sales, and become the channel and customer expert.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in online retail — ideally with flash sale resellers. We’d love for you to know something about marketing campaign optimization and how to create effective sell-through strategies. Your success will involve thinking through the promotional strategies, asking questions like:
- What do Youth Digital’s retail displays look like and how will they engage consumers?
- Do we need to make any adjustments for packaging to drive value proposition?
- What level of investment are we going to make for digital marketing and/or offline marketing to influence indoor traffic and/or sell-through traffic once our buyers are in the store?
- What does our promotional pricing calendar look like?
You’ll be managing all of YD’s vendors to review the product’s retail environment and assess what digital dollars should be invested where. There’s an entire ecosystem of online and offline retailers who need to be optimized — including flash sale retailers (like Groupon), Amazon, and more.
Is this the job for you?
Well, it is if you have a strong marketing background, ideally in retail. At the end of the day, your job will be to sell Youth Digital’s products through retailers. Meaning, you’ll need to know to juggle multiple accounts and balance the needs of those accounts in an optimal way. Obviously, you’ll need to put yourself in the customer’s shoes – understanding what (and how strong) their motives are for buying Youth Digital’s products and optimize their purchase path accordingly.
Frankly, digitally enhanced retail / wholesale marketing is much more complicated than pure play online retail marketing. So many moving parts! Experience with third-party marketplaces and even international would be helpful in this role, as would a working knowledge of retail merchandising and logistics.
As usual, we have an insane amount of information about this opportunity to share with qualified candidates. Yet for competitive reasons I’m not going to get too granular here.
I’m happy to discuss everything I’ve heard, seen, and researched about those things with qualified candidates. You definitely don’t want to apply without this intel, so let me hook you up.
Simply TEXT [your name + “Youth Digital”] to me at (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply online below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you!
- Coordinate the on-boarding of channel partners and resellers, including retail
- Develop/maintain relationships with current and new channel partner and resellers
- Organize and conduct training for channel partners and resellers as needed
- Educate and update resellers/partners on Youth Digital products and promotions
- Provide accurate monthly sales forecasts
- Provide ongoing feedback, market intelligence and competitive insight to Youth Digital’s product managers
- Execute quarterly marketing promotions
- Maintain account profiles and support activity logs in Salesforce.com.
- Understanding the business needs and motivations of clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that goals and objectives are understood, monitored and achieved or exceeded
- Learning features, technical aspects, and relative advantages of products to provide specific assistance to resellers
- Providing resellers and clients with superb support that routinely exceeds expectations
- 5+ years managing reseller and multi-channel partnerships for in a B2C environment including etail partnerships like Amazon
- Demonstrated ability to own a revenue goal with experience influencing revenue attainment to achieve set goals
- Strong marketing background within consumer electronics / consumer products space
- Fluent with channel marketing management within online marketplaces, retail, and etail
- Experience owning the full scope of B2C channel partner programs within an omnichannel marketing environment, ideally in rapidly growing startup
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.