CINCINNATI – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest B2B sales jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with totes»ISOTONER in their search for an Account Executive – B2B Online Sales based in scenic Cincinnati.
totes»ISOTONER is the world’s largest marketer of umbrellas, gloves, rainwear, rubber overshoes, and other weather-related accessories. Recently the firm added the ESNY brand to its family. ESNY brings beautifully detailed sandals and flip-flops to the firm’s product selection. If you’re looking for rain umbrellas, outdoor umbrellas, sun umbrellas even kids umbrellas, the totes brand has them all. From golf umbrellas to automatic open and close folding umbrellas, totes umbrellas will fit every rain umbrella or sun umbrella need. totes offers screen printed logo umbrellas and promotional umbrellas with customized company logos.
The ISOTONER brand of products offers a full line of winter gloves, leather gloves, stretch leather gloves and stretch classic gloves as well as women’s slippers, men’s slippers and kids’ slippers. ISOTONER slippers include ladies slippers, ballerina slippers, satin slippers, bridal slippers, wedding slippers, moccasin slippers and clog slippers.
About the Role
This really cool Account Executive (“AE”) role supports the promotion, sales, and service of totes»ISOTONER product lines to designated online retail customers within a defined geographical area. It’s all about growing new and existing online business in assigned product categories — which means you’ll need a strong knowledge of online merchandising and sales strategy to make the grade.
To win in this role, you’ll need 3-5 years experience defining B2B ecommerce strategies plus a solid track record of managing online account development. Additionally, you’ll need an ability to adapt to changing priorities and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
What will your average day look like?
Well, the online retail space is constantly evolving, so each day will be different. Your regular activities will include working with the company’s Online Coordinator to analyze the brands’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats — and then using that analysis to improve the firm’s competitive position. Beyond that, you’ll have weekly calls with external partners, such as buyers, analysts, and online merchants. Internally, you’ll be working with customer service, analysts, category directors and sales reps. This job is all about getting things done WITH and THROUGH others, so you want to check your ego at the door …
It’ll be up to you to review your brands’ sell-thru strategies and assess how the firm is tracking to budget. What will you do if the numbers slip? Inquiring minds will ask, you can bet on it. You’ll be managing a team of outside reps for select brands and ensuring that they’re meeting their goals and objectives. Naturally, you’ll be working with internal teams to constantly edit and develop key assortments while building supportive marketing campaigns to achieve sales goals.
Occasionally, you’ll hit the road for client meetings.
As always, we’ve gathered a ton of information on this opportunity – including which accounts you’ll be working with, what’s going on with them, and what your 100 day KPI’s will be in this role. You definitely don’t want to apply without this information!
Simply TEXT [your name + “ISOTONER”] to me at (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply online below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you!
- Present products and programs to assigned accounts and continuously analyze assortment performance
- Work closely with analysts to review account sales data and develop analysis to support marketing programs, business decisions and new business developments
- Work closely with category teams to develop account specific assortments and marketing programs that will support sales goals and objectives
- Recommend budget allocations (flex spend) to drive revenue and collaborate with cross-functional teams to maximize effectiveness of online campaigns
- Manage forecasting to ensure the firm is tracking to always meet and/or exceed plan
- Assist in inventory planning to ensure totes»ISOTONER has proper inventory levels to support plan
- Work with marketing and rep groups to ensure online merchandising is top notch
- Perform online R&D and share cross-functionally to ensure totes»ISOTONER stays on the cusp of the ever-changing online landscape
- Visit customers to build and maintain current and new business relationships
- Respond quickly and in a professional manner to buyer requests for information
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations based on account analytics and sales performance
- Manage a small group of sales reps with specific brands and track performance and sales goals
- Perform pre- and post-meeting recaps with clear goals and objectives that are disseminated and tracked
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and 3 or more years experience in an online sales environment [preferably B2B working with pure play and big box accounts]
- Retail sales, planning, or buying background with an online focus is a plus
- Takes initiative to find ways to build the business and develop strong relationships with customers
- Experience with Vendor Central is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills with very strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with extensive Microsoft Suite [Excel and Power Point] experience
- Energetic self starter that is flexible and has strong cross-collaboration skills
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)