SAINT LOUIS, MO – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
We are working with Caleres in their search for a Mobile / Email Analytics Specialist for their Saint Louis, MO based Famous Footwear brand — just a hop, skip, and a jump from Washington University, the world reknown (and FREE) Saint Louis Zoo, and the Saint Louis Art Museum. Yessirree, Bob. There’s no better way to spend a sunny day than in St. Louis — the biggest small town in America.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Caleres is a $2.6 billion global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives: Naturalizer, Dr. Scholl’s Shoes, Via Spiga, LifeStride, Vince, and Ryka. Ring any bells?
Formerly Brown Shoe Company, the folks at Caleres are passionate about what they do and their mission is to “help people feel good, feet first.” The firm designs, sources, and markets footwear for women, men, and kids — in addition to operating retail shoe stores. Caleres distributes its products through national chains, department stores, mass merchandisers, independent retailers, online retailers, and catalogs throughout the US.
These folks know what they’re doing.
Caleres operates a vast store network to serve a huge customer base in the US, Canada, Asia, Middle East, and Europe. Worldwide, Caleres operates 1,209 stores consisting of 1,038 Famous Footwear stores and 171 specialty retail stores. Famous Footwear is among the largest branded footwear retailers in the US, and it sells its own branded and licensed products through wholesale operations.
About the Role
Caleres seeks a bright, business oriented, and insatiably curious up-and-comer with a passion for studying consumer behavior as it pertains to the mobile and email channels.
Reporting to the Manager of Consumer Insights and Analytics, this is a newly created role that will be focused on mobile app analytics AND email analytics within Famous Footwear omnichannel. The firm’s email platform is Salesforce and the analytics work for its mobile app will be done in Adobe Omniture.
This is a really interesting job with a lot of moving parts, but at a high level there are THREE key skills you’ll need to win in this role:
- Ability to slice and dice data: Ultimately, we will expect you to know how to analyze the brand’s app and email channels using methods such as A/B testing; Copy optimization; Online surveys / customer feedback; Usability testing; Segmentation; Cart abandonment analysis; Event triggered / behavioral email analysis; Multivariate testing; and more. Example: For Famous Footwear’s app, it’s not enough to have installs. The client wants ACTIVE users. How can you help the brand acquire new users who will be active? Next, what can you do to make inactive users more active? These are the kinds of issues you’ll be teasing out.
- Ability to extract insight from the data you mine: As a member of the Famous Footwear marketing team, the company will expect you to deliver key insights within mobile and email, providing recommendations to improve customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. What does the data tell you about who’s buying – and who isn’t? What can you do to close that gap?
- Successful track record of partnering with different functional areas: You will partner with the mobile and email marketing teams to monitor, measure and make recommendations on how email campaigns can be better developed, deployed, and innovated – both on the web and in Famous Footwear’s mobile app.
This is the perfect job for someone who is insatiably curious and will dig endlessly for ways to improve the business. We’re looking for someone business oriented — who is great with numbers and data, and isn’t waiting around to be told what to do. Such a person is likely to say, “I was wondering about this, and I spent an hour on Tuesday digging into it, and look what I found. Of the three issues I could investigate, this one’s going to have the biggest impact on [sales / costs / retention / productivity / whatever] if it’s what I think it is …”.
The folks I spoke with at Famous Footwear are seriously bright, and I can tell that the team is a lot of fun to be around. Caleres, Famous Footwear’s parent company, has spent a fortune on the latest tools for the ecommerce team — and the company is 100% committed to the online channel.
There’s no going back!
If you are a driven, business oriented, fun loving, insatiably curious data digger and problem solver — we’d love to chat with you about this role. As usual, I’ve pulled together a massive amount of intel on this client, the industry, and this role. You don’t want to apply for this job without it! For more information, TEXT [your name] + “Famous Footwear” to (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply below.
- Creation of successful consumer engagement strategy informed by customer insights
- Frequent, accurate reporting on business performance and consumer sentiment related to mobile and email, providing recommendations to drive key performance indicators
- Understanding of functional and psychological triggers that influence customer behavior, sharing insights and recommendations to develop channel best practices
- 1-3 years experience in email or mobile marketing preferred
- Experience with analytical software tools (Excel, ExactTarget, Omniture, CRM)
- Innovative thinking and strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Clear and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)