KANSAS CITY, KS – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with VF Jeanswear in their search for a Sr Manager – Ecommerce / Digital Marketing for Lee.com based in metro Kansas City. You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know their brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, VF outfits people of all walks of life. In fact, the firm has more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with over 59,000 associates. VF’s businesses and brands are organized into five “coalitions:” Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, its one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Investors love it, that’s for sure.
VF’s five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®. Other brands include 7 For All Mankind®, Bulwark®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, Ella Moss®, JanSport®, Kipling®, lucy®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Nautica®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Splendid® and SmartWool®. Any of those ring a bell?
Here are a few quick facts about the company …
- 30+ brands
- 59K+ associates around the world
- 150 countries worldwide
- $12.3 billion in revenue
- 115 years of achievements and growth
- No. 1 manufacturer of denim
- 1,400 owned retail stores
- $1.2B returned to shareholders in 2014
- 1.3M units of apparel and footwear produced every day
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is an incredibly comprehensive senior-level role that will be responsible for managing all ecommerce operations for Lee.com. The position will be accountable for all day-to-day logistics with the objective being to maximize operational efficiencies while improving Lee.com’s sales and related financials.
In this role, you will find yourself providing leadership and vision for the entire Lee.com ecommerce business, including all related marketing activities. The role manages the Lee.com P&L, which means that every leading and lagging indicator of the business’ success will be your affair.
Lee.com will be YOUR baby.
Currently, Lee’s ecom function touches operational processes in marketing, merchandising, inventory planning, order fulfillment, customer service and technology. VF Jeanswear Management “keeps score” in these functional areas through a variety of control-related standards and procedures, and it will be up to you to make sure that all of these metrics are headed in the right direction.
“What gets measured gets done.”
In addition to the ops responsibilities, you’ll assist in developing and executing digital marketing strategies for the brand through: 1.) online promotions, 2.) social media, 3.) brand site development, 4.) on-line retailer support, and 5.) email marketing. Within each of those functional areas, you will establish control-related standards and procedures designed to ensure that Lee.com’s ecom marketing activities remain measurable, relevant, and controllable.
Growth > Efficiency
To succeed in this role, it’s essential that you be a growth oriented leader. Yes, we need a leader who can make the trains run on time — but more importantly, this role is about growth: Helping VF Jeanswear sell more stuff, to more people, more often, for more money. This role is NOT about maintaining the status quo.
In a typical week …
You’ll examine how the business is faring: What’s working? What’s not? Is revenue growing? Is the right inventory turning online? You’ll collaborate with other departments / functions within the business, and you will closely analyze Lee.com’s customers to gauge how to improve their customer experience. Are the right stories being developed and told? Are there ways to combine ecommerce and offline Lee’s brand partnerships in resource friendly and brand accretive ways?
You said you wanted a high-visibility role, didn’t you?
If you are a bright up-and-coming A-player who’s looking to run a business, look no further. When my team and I did the intake call for this search, we were surprised by how much authority and responsibility VF was assigning to this role. Frankly, most Senior Manager level positions are not exactly linchpin roles.
But this one is, and if you are up to the job we’d love to hear from you. Apply below, and don’t forget to request our market research packet for this search.
- Oversee concept development, strategizing, planning, implementation, coordination and profitability of Lee ecommerce initiatives, including defining goals, objectives and associated tactics. Direct the product and selling strategies for the brand’s online services.
- Develop and maintain an account plan for the ecommerce business. Develop and build business opportunities and leverage emerging technologies to support multi-channel efforts.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to establish strong integration and relationships; becoming an extension of their business. Build and maintain relationships with departments including marketing, information technology, finance, merchandising and executive team.
- Develop partnerships with third-party vendors to identify and apply solutions for site enhancements and design, customer acquisition and conversion, website optimization, marketing and promotions and email, affiliate and search initiatives.
- Support the successful placement and growth objectives of the online programs, including responsibility for online pricing, promotions and product presentation in partnership with product merchandising, marketing, sales and finance.
- Identify and promote opportunities for site and process improvement through technology. Translate concepts, ideas and improvements into key business objectives. Work with VF Corp and other divisional personnel to ensure consistent platforms and leverage efficiencies wherever possible.
- Develop ecommerce enhancement plans from careful study of analytics and consumer data. Identify, track and report ebusiness usage, costs and statistical data to senior management and internal partners. Through a variety of reports and formats, synthesize relevant data into decision-making tools. Provide necessary data to support business decisions related to eBusiness. Maintain operational efficiency of website
- Serve as technical expert and internal consultant in cross-functional applications of ebusiness technology and digital marketing initiatives; keep current with latest ecommerce and digital marketing trends and technology to keep site and activities at the forefront of our category.
- Oversee development of digital content and social media strategy to ensure integrated digital activities for Lee.
- Serve as advisor and technical expert for Jeanswear retail customers’ ecommerce businesses and websites; help apply brand marketing best practices
- BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Information Services or related field.
- 7+ years of internet and/or site development experience, project management or ecommerce Management.
- Strong aptitude and experience in internet-related technologies, web design and online marketing programs.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management as well as in people management, motivation and leadership.
- Recent and successful track record in building and running ecommerce business model; experience in establishing procedures, implementing processes and successful execution.
- Strong knowledge of and successful experience with digital, online marketing activities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong presentation skills – ability to explain technical issues to broad range of audiences.
- Highly developed organizational skills required to handle multiple, ongoing projects.
- Experienced in critical/strategic planning, financial analysis, budget management and data organization.
- Familiarity with web utilities and product, graphic programs, desktop applications and strong understanding of internet content management.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.
VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.