LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest social media jobs around!
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a Director, Social Media Strategist based in sunny Los Angeles. Perhaps you’re seen their ads on TV …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: It’s amazing to think that since May 2013, Transamerica has become (by far) our largest client, and we’ve managed 19 or their searches within that time frame. Much more astounding still is what Transamerica’s VP of Digital Strategy, Anthony Ginn, and his team have accomplished since his arrival that spring.
Transamerica ended last year as one of the top financial brand in terms of online engagement, and it just surpassed the 500K mark on its Facebook fan page. Transamerica has more FB fans than Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, Allstate, and Prudential — which is quite an accomplishment, given the vast amount of mainstream brand recognition those companies have.
Thanks to Anthony’s team, @Transamerica was the first financial brand to trend nationwide on Twitter — a feat they’ve accomplished 12 times now. The firm has reached over 2 million people on Twitter, once surpassing the Golden Globes nominations. Transamerica was the first ever financial brand on Tumblr and Redditt, and it was the fastest growing financial brand on Pinterest last year. Plus, its Linkedin page has nearly 29K subscribers.
According to Anthony, “We just won an award for our Tumblr feed, and we’ve earned more than 4 million total YouTube views. Our Google traffic is reaching new highs all the time, and we’ve seen massive increases in our social share of voice. We’re on a roll. There’s never been a better time to join our team.”
But all this growth has created a giant spike in demand for sophisticated, integrated, data-driven digital marketing across the entire company. This increase calls for smart, driven marketing pros who know how to operate in a lean environment.
About the Role
In this position you will be responsible for leading a team within the Enterprise Digital Strategy Group in creating innovative and exciting social opportunities for brand awareness and consumer/customer engagement for one of the most recognized brands in America.
You’ll have an opportunity to lead one of the top internal social teams in financial services that’s won industry and external accolades for their innovation, thought leadership and channel execution. You’ll be charged with driving social innovation, social as a service and social as a growing sales, lead and engagement channel and proving it’s value to the greater organization both domestically as well as to the global organization.
This role will have direct budget, team management, planning and tactical execution responsibility for the social team within the Enterprise Digital Team. Meaning, YOU will develop and drive digital strategy across social — ensuring coordination and collaboration with the overall departmental enterprise strategy as well as business/divisional and product objectives.
This is a REALLY important job!
You’ll need an 80/20 mentality towards getting things done. We’d expect you to understand how to balance paid media; owned media; and earned media to improve Transamerica’s traction across multiple customer cohorts with multiple devices during multiple dayparts. Every day, you’ll find yourself brainstorming with colleagues to develop solutions to prickly marketing challenges involving social, content, and analytics. These folks will be looking to you for leadership in these areas.
Is this role right for you?
The role is perfect for a smart, process-oriented digital marketing visionary who has driven innovation in the social space. Anthony’s Digital Group is comprised of some of the smartest, most relatable and forward-thinking marketers in LA. Like them, you’ll need to have phenomenal digital marketing chops along with a positive outlook on life. Also like them, you’ll need to be (somewhat) high-energy and very positive-outcome oriented.
If any of this describes you, please apply below!
- Collaboratively develop a social plan that supports the enterprise as well as the divisions, that accomplishes the goals of social as a service, sales and engagement platform that empowers end customers.
- Think strategically about how those efforts crossover to engage advisors and other b2b audiences like general agents, producers and plan sponsors through direct social platforms as well as third party platforms like Hearsay
- Construct measurable KPIs and detailed attribution analysis with an emphasis on earned media
- Manage a team of social smarties and community managers that can buy into your vision and help execute.
- Oversee social brand reputation and provide a rich, engaging and empowering experience across all social channels via distinctive social content you curate and develop.
- Provide thematic and top-line calendarization of entire company’s social efforts
- Engage in technical and non-technical conversation around the social plan you develop at the highest levels of the company
- Collaborate with your enterprise team and drive collaboration and coordination amongst the other digital channels at a campaign level
- Keep a close eye on the competition, best social leaders in the space and proactively keep Transamerica one step ahead
- Support the firm’s big brand initiatives with a strong social component that resonates with intended audiences and grows engagement with them
- Act as the eyes and ears of the company’s brand in the rapidly evolving social media environment
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibit regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Ability to demonstrate all social experiences you’ve built elsewhere that were innovative and drove quantifiable customer engagement above and beyond the competition…this includes past successful community management, engagement, service and sales.
- Remain up to speed on all the latest and greatest social analytics, engagement and tracking tools including 3rd party platforms like Hearsay.
- External acknowledgement of your social acumen (awards, recognition etc.)
- Knowledge of your metrics and able to articulate your successes and failures and key learnings you’d bring
- Extraordinary and engaging social writing, content curation, creation and vendor management
- Ability to develop a network of fans and advocates with employees, intermediaries, consumers and customers – that means you get B2C AND B2B audiences and how to socially engage each different type of customer segment / personas
- Delivering customer segmentation to provide a personalized social experience delivered in a relevant manner – at the right time, through the right channel, to the right person.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- Experience in a heavily matrix, regulated and compliance driven organization
- Minimum 4-5 years social management experience
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.