IRVINE, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with SWELL is their search for a worldclass Director of Performance Marketing based in scenic Irvine, CA, just down the road from Irvine Cove …
How’d you like to live near that? Now you can.
Anyway, SWELL is awesome. A couple of years ago I placed this guy with SurfStitch in Australia. That’s right. I actually placed an American candidate with a company in Australia — which he totally dug, btw. Upon his departure, he said WONDERFUL things about SurfStitch, too. Which is useful here because SurfStitch recently bought SWELL. So this is a convenient example of a great company with a proud, authentic connection to the surfing lifestyle buying a vaunted American surf brand.
Culturally, it’s a match made in heaven.
About the Role
Reporting to SWELL’s new SVP of Marketing, the Performance Marketing Director will be responsible for managing the marketing team to 1.) Execute the SWELL digital strategy and 2.) Coordinate all performance channels to deliver profitable execution of campaigns. Working closely with the extended Marketing and Merchandise teams, this role will be responsible for designing and planning the campaign calendar as well as managing workflows across the channels, ensuring all deadlines are met.
The Performance Marketing Director will be expected to oversee all performance channels, which include SEO, SEM, social, email, display, retargeting, referral, personalization, etc. Managing a team of channel experts in SWELL’s fast paced environment will require a high level of organization and communication skills.
Meaning, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized. S/he’ll be capable of handling multiple projects at once and comfortable juggling rapidly changing priorities. Successful applicants will have strong analytical and data-driven marketing experience. If that speaks to your skills and interests — we’d love to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead digital campaign planning in conjunction with SWELL strategic plan.
- Actively participate in the development and oversee implementation of all digital marketing campaigns across online channels such as Social, Video, SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Shopping Feeds, display, retargeting, referral, etc.
- Lead effective communication and management across multiple departments and stakeholders across the business to deliver integrated marketing campaigns in line with business targets.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key SWELL departments to facilitate information flow / troubleshooting between departments.
- Maintain positive relationships with all external parties to ensure SWELL marketing needs are met and ensure we are maximizing results from all partners.
- Partner with internal departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensure consistency of messages across multiple networks and prepare reports to update internal team on usage statistics and continuing monitoring and engagement levels.
- Use insights from social media monitoring to help the marketing team learn more about our consumers and identify potential growth opportunities. Analyze competitor behavior, forecast industry trends and incorporate them in to the marketing plan.
- Create and maintain key digital metrics reports and dashboards, traffic and acquisition, conversion, campaign metrics and forecasts.
- Manage the allocated budget to maximize ROI/ROAS
- Own and manage the positive presentation of the SWELL brand in all digital channels.
- Determine the budget requirements for the marketing function in conjunction with the SVP, Marketing.
- Review the marketing budget monthly including a review of expenses.
- Assist with ensuring expectations are clearly understood by all employees through Position Descriptions, policies, operational targets and other marketing processes.
- Assist with ongoing coaching, training and performance feedback to ensure people in your team are aware of their performance and opportunities for growth.
- Assist with ensuring staff who are not meeting expectations are approached in a timely and formal manner.
- Role Model behaviors expected from your staff. Lead by example.
- Ensure you and your team’s adherence to legal and policy requirements (e.g. Workplace Health and Safety, SWELL policies, harassment and discrimination laws).
- Performance against marketing budget targets
- YOY / MOM business growth
- New customer growth
- Customer retention
- Brand awareness metrics
- Team staff turnover
- At least 5 years’ experience managing direct to consumer digital marketing in a retail ecommerce environment.
- Experience in both acquisition (eg. Driving qualified traffic) and retention marketing (eg. Conversion optimization)
- Experience with web analytics and can build executive reports using this data.
- The understanding of all key performance indicators such as traffic, conversion, ROAS, sessions, cart abandonment rate, cost per acquisition.
- Experience managing a team and/or agency to set the digital strategy
- Knowledge of excel is essential.
- HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.