CHICAGO, IL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest Chicago ecommerce jobs around …
We are working with Taylor USA in their search for an Ecommerce Manager based in Oak Brook, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago that is home to McDonald’s, Ace Hardware, Blistex, CenterPoint Properties, and Lions Clubs International.
Taylor USA is America’s largest manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom measurement products. The firm sells scales, thermometers, timers, and wine products (cork screws, etc) to big-box and online retailers throughout the United States. The firm is private equity backed and intends to expand into new categories in the future.
Taylor’s new Ecommerce Manager will support the firm’s Director of Ecommerce in all aspects of Ecommerce and online marketing for multiple direct to consumer and informational websites under the Taylor Precision Products brand suite, including: Taylor, Metrokane, Chef/n, EatSmart, Springfield, Homedics and Salter.
The Ecommerce Manager will work with internal partners (Brand Marketing, IT, Sales, and more) to communicate projects and key dates related to site events, updates, and implementation of new features and functions. He/she will need to stay abreast of changes in digital commerce, social media and marketing to best serve the objectives of the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Director of Ecommerce in managing all aspects of Ecommerce including day-to-day homepage, marketing, content, and promotional execution for all of Taylor Precision Products Inc, websites with a focus on digital marketing.
- Strong background in SEO and Organic Search preferred.
- Manage multiple projects for all brands under Taylor umbrella. Examples include: Site Builds, Content Creation, Social Media strategy/calendar and more.
- Previous experience selling on amazon.com as a 1P and 3P seller strongly preferred.
- Perform competitive analysis; review industry information for current trends and opportunities.
- Continuously gauge usability and content effectiveness by gathering and analyzing data to make recommendations based on those results.
- Regularly and rigorously report on customer satisfaction and communicate opportunities for optimization, profitability growth, and improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with sales and key internal and external stakeholders to execute business objectives and enhance customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Work with IT to ensure production deadlines are being communicated and met and daily workflow process is optimized.
- Work with QA to ensure site accuracy and availability.
- Manage customer reviews, questions and retailer content syndication.
- Work with Customer Service to anticipate customer response and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Marketing, Communication, Technology, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience web marketing/ecommerce business experience in D to C environment.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task; Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a brand advocate and have customer focus.
- Thorough understanding of website metrics, data analysis, and reporting tools and basic financial concepts.
- Demonstrate ability to lead self and maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit poise under all conditions, work effectively in a team environment, build effective and respectful interpersonal relationships and be an effective role model for the team.
- Understanding of web technology- graphics, browsers, etc.
- Understanding of online ecommerce, social and marketing space (paid search, comparative shopping, email marketing, affiliates, etc.)
- Self-motivated learner with a natural curiosity for evolving technologies.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently and solve problems proactively.
- Solid mathematical skills – Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Magento, Omniture, Google Analytics, Searchlight is preferred.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.