TUSTIN, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with mophie in their search for a Head of Ecommerce based in Tustin, CA. This is a terrifically cool LA ecommerce job.
mophie, the #1 selling battery case manufacturer in North America, is a California-based, award- winning designer and manufacturer that empowers the mobile world to do more. Widely acclaimed for innovative mobile solutions, the firm is the proud developer of the juice pack®, the first ever mobile battery case certified by Apple. mophie products are recognized for style and engineered for performance, providing a seamless integration of hardware, software and design.
See what you think …
About the Role
mophie’s Head of Ecommerce will execute the strategic planning and coordination of the firm’s ecommerce activities in accordance with company’s business goals. The Head of Ecommerce will be in charge of mophie’s online business in terms of revenue growth, margin, business development, supervision of distribution logistics, customer care and service levels. It is critical for this role to establish consumer trust in shopping on mophie.com and deliver an experience that benefits the brand.
To win in this role, you’ll need a crazy-deep knowledge of ecommerce systems, Google Analytics, the Exact Target email platform, SEO, PPC, online display advertising, and social media. The firm has extremely bright prospects for growth both domestically and internationally, so you’ll need to be well-versed in all technical functions of online marketing and ecommerce.
You’ll work closely with mophie’s design team to provide creative input on designs as well as best practices for web and email implementation. Plus you’ll be a key player in the implementation of and new ecommerce technologies the firm might deploy.
CANDIDATES: To fully understand what you will need to LAND this job and then CRUSH IT in the role once you do, Harry Joiner spent 124 minutes on the phone with this client. Now at NEXTgig.com, you can access 2388 words of Harry’s personal notes from that call along with his supporting research from several pricey market research and competitive intelligence databases. To request your log-in credentials to NEXTgig, please TEXT your name to Harry at (404) 281-2025. Here’s just a taste of what you’ll glean from that information …
- What mophie’s online sales are today, and why its plan to grow them at aggressive double digit rates is not only possible — but likely.
- What mophie is doing to build its brand that VERY few IR-500 companies are doing (… and why it’s working like a charm).
- The top 10 things you’ll need to get right to “win” in this role — and the #1 make-or-break ingredient to your success in your first year on the job.
- mophie’s surprise strategy for 2015 that will build a MASSIVE moat around its business. (You can’t accuse these folks of thinking small!)
- Define, with the Head of Marketing, the ecommerce strategic plan in line with Corporate objectives
- Be in charge of business results, business development, ecommerce KPIs and on-line traffic
- Manage mophie.com website in terms of content and product offer, monitor performances and propose continuous improvements along key KPIs traffic, conversion, order value, returns and cancellations
- Develop, implement and execute a digital marketing plan to be jointly agreed and executed with the Sales Team
- Identify actions to establish and improve strong customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty in addition to driving traffic to partner retail stores
- Work in close harmony with Sales function in order to develop a ROI effective digital marketing plan
- Partner with mophie.com’s Operations function to define and update the web product offering in line with the product strategy and the timing of the collections
- Partner with distribution and logistics function in order to reduce the distribution cost while monitoring and improving service levels
- Work closely with Information Technology function in order to drive improvements of the ecommerce technology, front-end and back-end, maximizing both effectiveness and economies of scale
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with third parties, vendors and on-line partners, involving colleagues from other relevant departments whenever appropriate, to explore any new effective way to improve on-line customer experience and to generate revenues and profits
- Continue to seek out and recommend new forms of cutting-edge technologies for test-and-learn applications to drive competitive advantage, revenue and plan ROI
- Ensure compliance to processes and deliverables, and that quality standards are met
- Monitor competitors’ efforts, site changes, industry trends and innovations
- Assure the execution of all relevant site analytics, in order to improve website performance, including new ways to drive traffic and revenue opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (advanced degree is a plus), along with a proven track record of success
- A minimum of seven (7) years of prior experience in ecommerce
- Deep on-line Marketing channel experience (SEO, SEM, mobile, Banner Advertising, Affiliates)
- Proven experience in leading an ecommerce organization, with demonstrated success managing ecommerce business initiatives from conception to implementation to delivery with quantifiable results
- Experience with ecommerce, project management, financial benefit rationalization, website usability and familiarity with mobile and social media platforms
- Must have strong experience building and growing an ecommerce business and platforms successfully handling the business and operational issues
- Strong and influential leader with a proven track record in driving revenue growth in a consumer facing ecommerce business
- Adaptability to the quick evolution of the digital landscape
- Ability to work cross functionally in a highly dynamic environment to deliver and share results
- Able to move effortlessly from strategic to operational/tactical details
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to follow up on KPI’s, projects and activities on a day-to-day basis to maximize impact
- Capable to build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization, use influence and effectively manage conflict
- Motivating a team that brings different backgrounds and experiences (buying, inventory control, content management, marketing, customer service and logistics)
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity, as those skilled in new digital tools may view the world differently from others in more traditional parts of the business
- Sensitivity to the luxury industry and ability to grasp the unique supply chain/production process for luxury goods as it impacts how the product is managed on-line
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking to define business insights and identify market opportunities
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outspoken & open minded with a dynamic work style
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.