WHITE PLAINS, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest VP Ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Donald J. Pliner in their search for a VP of Digital Marketing and Ecommerce based in White Plains, NY. This is a terrifically cool ecommerce job.
Founded in 1989, the Donald J Pliner brand has built a reputation for bold, fashion-forward designs in bridge category footwear and accessories. The company carries on the rich traditions of its namesake founder by continuing to combine a dedication to impeccable design and comfort with unique materials and high-quality craftsmanship.
From the beaches of Miami to metropolitan rooftops, the lights of Las Vegas and beyond, Donald J Pliner footwear and accessories are infused with uniquely bold, colorful, modern styling influenced by a mix of evocative places both near and far away. See for yourself …
About the Role
The Vice President, Digital Marketing and eCommerce is accountable for the online channel P&L and all digital marketing activities for the brand. S/he will provide strategic leadership and manage day-to-day execution across key functions including digital and direct marketing, user experience, online merchandising, vendor management, and customer service.
The new VP will collaborate with colleagues in Marketing, Merchandising, Retail, Finance, Operations, etc. to help achieve the Company’s financial and brand-building objectives. S/he must be a hands-on, pragmatic leader capable of delivering results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
HARRYS COMMENTS: I had not one — but TWO — very pointed intake calls with this client regarding this search. My strategy + branding call with company CEO, Noel Hord, lasted more than an hour, and my call with Julian Chu of Castanea Partners regarding the technical + digital marketing + operational aspects of the role lasted nearly as long.
To access my extensive client-approved research and analysis on this opportunity, please click here. To obtain a username and password for this link, please TEXT your name to (404) 281-2025. Everything you need to know about this search — and then some — is right behind the login.
- Develop and execute strategy to drive rapid, above-market, profitable growth in the e-commerce channel, while achieving sales and margin objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in the DonaldJPliner.com user experience, building a strategic roadmap for evolving the brand’s online shopping experience and overall presence in web, mobile and social channels.
- Build, maintain and execute on an active digital marketing and editorial calendar aligned with the brand’s business and merchandise strategy.
- Profitably acquire new customers through digital advertising and PR, search engine marketing, affiliate marketing, display advertising, social media, and other online/direct marketing programs.
- Increase customer retention and lifetime value through effective use of database marketing/CRM techniques, targeted email marketing, and direct mail.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team to develop online assortments and manage a promotional cadence that satisfy consumer expectations and achieve financial objectives.
- Effectively represent the brand in all digital channels through high-quality, “brand right” content, creative assets, and copywriting.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Retail teams to leverage digital capabilities to help grow brand awareness and sales in wholesale and brick-and-mortar retail channels.
- Ensure superior customer service and fulfillment performance, collaborating with colleagues in Finance, IT and Operations to drive necessary improvements.
- Build and lead a high-performing digital marketing/ecommerce team that forges strong cross-functional relationships.
- Identify, select and manage external technology and business partners; ensure they meet performance and cost objectives.
- Prepare annual budgets, provide ongoing results analysis and forecasting, and drive prioritization of investments through quantitative business justification.
- 10+ years experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, direct marketing, and/or related disciplines.
- Proven track record in building a successful, fast-growing ecommerce business, preferably at a lifestyle brand; upscale fashion experience a plus.
- Previous success in growing a direct marketing program to acquire new customers and improve customer lifetime value while balancing top-line revenue, contribution margin, and brand equity.
- Strong proficiency in online merchandising, user experience design, and usability best practices.
- Analytically driven approach to management and decision-making, with strong proficiency in database marketing, web analytics, performance digital marketing analytics, customer segmentation, and testing/optimization techniques.
- Previous experience operating in a multi-channel environment (wholesale, brick-and-mortar retail, direct mail, online) a big plus.
- Track record of innovative strategic thinking combined with pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and results delivery.
- Ability to work across functions and within an executive team to catalyze change in a positive, collaborative, and transparent way.
- Demonstrated leadership in recruiting, retaining, and managing a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex concepts and analyses up and down the organization to influence others.
- B.A. degree required.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.