CONCORD, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Boston ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Tea Forté in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Concord, MA. This is a terrifically cool ecommerce job.
Tea Forté is the global high-end luxury tea brand identified around the world as the ultimate tea experience. Known for the variety and unparalleled quality of handcrafted teas, design-driven accessories, exquisite packaging and opulent approach, Tea Forté re-imagines and re-defines the contemporary tea experience by delivering a delighting and luxuriant encounter.
Everything Tea Forté does is about creating a world-class experience for the customer. Enjoyed in over 35 countries, Tea Forté is presented at leading hotels, restaurants, prestige resorts and luxury retailers. Tea Forté is proud to be selected as the exclusive House Purveyor of premium teas for the renowned James Beard Foundation.
Tea Forté’s Director of Ecommerce will develop and execute an integrated ecommerce strategy for the US with the goal of providing profitable growth across all of Tea Forté’s channels. It’s a big job that will require you to develop and lead the ecommerce team in identifying new opportunities to grow existing channels, plus pursue new channels while bringing digital marketing best practices to the firm.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: As most of my regular readers know, I handle roughly 175 project kickoff calls per year. Unfortunately, I can’t say that I learn something new in every one of those calls. But I certainly learned a lot about branding and ecommerce in my call with Jan Hoorntje, CEO of Tea Forté. The guy’s a heavyweight.
I spent more than 90 minutes on the phone with Jan — Mano a Mano — discussing ecommerce as it relates to his vision for Tea Forté, and I gotta tell you, I was really impressed. Candidates, you can access my 2250 word summary of that call + 21 hand-picked resources from my massive Evernote account to help you prep for these interviews.
Jan was extremely forthcoming about Tea Forté’s business, and this client-approved research packet will leave you with approximately ZERO questions regarding how you can get this job — and how you can win in the role once you do. For a password to the full version of this posting, please TEXT your name and “Tea Forte” to (404) 281-2025.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the re-launch of the US ecommerce business while overseeing all merchandising, conversion, and customer experience activities.
- Own the ecommerce budget and P&L while delivering on specific KPI’s
- Lead all development, performance and communication of web strategies while working with cross-functional teams (IT, Marketing, and Merchandising, plus 3rd party consultants and agencies).
- Lead all digital marketing efforts, including: a.) The development of consumer insights; b.) Improvement of ecommerce business performance through traffic analytics, EDM, SEO/SEM, content development, affiliate marketing; and c.) Development of alliances for content and traffic to drive sales.
- Analyze customer demographics and purchasing behavior as they pertain to Tea Forte’s ecommerce channel.
- Refine the overall customer experience, including site experience, customer service, service standards, and logistic standards.
- Lead / Manage the ecommerce team, which is responsible for the on-going merchandising, marketing as well as maintaining online platforms for marketing and transactions
- Oversee all web merchandise planning, including: a.) Product image selection; b.) Promotion management, c.) Analyzing sales and traffic behavior; d.) Visuals optimization; e.) Cross-selling / upselling; f.) Development and maintenance of product descriptions
- Ensure constant update of new technologies/relationships to continuously improve online platform design and functionality.
- Manage the creative development process to ensure maximum ecommerce growth.
- Explore opportunities to increase traffic through paid and unpaid initiatives while adhering to Tea Forte’s brand values.
- Negotiate with third parties and conclude contract terms as needed
- College degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in luxury ecommerce
- Practical knowledge to drive online growth using web marketing, analytics and multichannel leverage.
- Experience with apparel and retail is preferable but not mandatory
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team oriented environment
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to work independently, but contribute to team effort
- Excellent online marketing sense and business driven mentality
- Deep understanding of online consumer behaviors
- Strong data and information analysis mentality
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, creative problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Desire to own and be accountable for results
- Spirit of entrepreneurship
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (through us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.