LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
If you’re looking for UX jobs Los Angeles, here’s the best:
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a UX Designer based in sunny Los Angeles. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
Transamerica strongly believes in the value of user-centered design and considers it an essential function of its continuing success. The User Experience group is Transamerica’s center of excellence for research, online strategy, user experience design, and usability testing. Transamerica’s goal is to be the leader in Financial Services by designing world-class user experiences that boldly differentiate the firm from its competition.
Transamerica is seeking a passionate, talented, research driven UX Designer to help organize the firm’s vast inventory of content, create site structures and design strong user experiences across its portfolio of websites, products and applications. The person in this role should be excited about collaboration, performing deep technical analyses and providing user-centric solutions to meet business objectives and user needs.
Who you will be working with:
- Transamerica’s Digital Enterprise team of strategists covering Social, Content, SEM, Display, Email etc.
- The Enterprise team of UX, graphic, web and user interface designers under the direction of its Creative Director
- Transamerica’s business divisions like insurance, mutual funds and pension plans
This individual is responsible for participating in research, and analyzing requirements. Then working with senior business leaders and key divisional stakeholders to design highly-innovative concepts and experiences communicated in the form of wireframes and clickable prototypes that can be tested with end users and presented internally for discussion, sign-off and approval for development. This role requires a confident and creative individual with a versatile set of hands-on skills able to collaborate with fellow SEO, SEM, social media, content strategists, visual designers, and technologists on a cooperative, agency-like team.
The ideal candidate must show a fearless dedication to truly out-of-the-box thinking and be willing to take chances, boldly cultivating revolutionary, groundbreaking ideas that will delight users away from the competition, while solidifying Transamerica’s reputation for being a leader of innovative thinking.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: It’s amazing to think that since May 2013, Transamerica has become (by far) our largest client, and we’ve managed 17 or their searches within that time frame. Much more astounding still is what Transamerica’s VP of Digital Strategy, Anthony Ginn, and his team have accomplished since his arrival that spring.
Transamerica ended last year as the top financial brand in terms of online engagement, and it just surpassed the 500K mark on its Facebook fan page. Transamerica has more FB fans than Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, Allstate, and Prudential — which is quite an accomplishment, given the vast amount of mainstream brand recognition those companies have.
Thanks to Anthony’s team, @Transamerica was the first financial brand to trend nationwide on Twitter — a feat they’ve accomplished six times now. The firm has reached over 2 million people on Twitter, once surpassing the Golden Globes. Transamerica was the first ever financial brand on Tumblr and Redditt, and it was the fastest growing financial brand on Pinterest last year. Plus, its Linkedin page has nearly 20K subscribers.
According to Anthony, “We just won an award for our Tumblr feed, and we’ve earned more than 4 million total YouTube views. Our Google traffic is reaching new highs all the time, and we’ve seen massive increases in our social share of voice. We’re on a roll. There’s never been a better time to join our team.”
But all this growth has created a giant spike in demand for UX expertise across the entire company. This increase calls for smart, driven UX professionals who know how to operate in a lean UX environment. Beyond all the work that is being done in social, Transamerica has more than 1300 websites – some of which will play a critical role in the company’s future. (Some of which won’t.)
You’ll need an 80/20 mentality towards getting things done: Less wire framing and more prototyping, for example. And lots of calls with PM’s, because Transamerica has ops nationwide. Every day, you’ll find yourself whiteboarding and brainstorming with colleagues regarding solutions to interesting UX challenges.
Is this role right for you?
The role is perfect for a smart, process-oriented UX Designer who’s passionate about how consumers interact with online experiences. Ideally, this UX Designer would have worked in a large organization and understand the opportunities and complexities and working in such a large organization. Having said that, Transamerica Digital is essentially a startup, with its own small company culture and electric vibe.
Anthony’s Digital Group is comprised of some of the smartest, most relatable and forward-thinking marketers in LA. Like them, you’ll need to have phenomenal UX chops along with a positive outlook on life. Also like them, you’ll need to be (somewhat) high-energy and very positive-outcome oriented. In a perfect world, you’d have responsive / mobile experience and be very comfortable working in lean agile environment.
If any of this describes you, please ring us up. As usual, my kickoff call with Anthony ran more than an hour, and he shared tons of information with me regarding Transamerica’s digital goals, strategies, tactics, tools, and operating philosophies. I’m happy to share that intel with qualified candidates, and you don’t want to apply without it! Please contact us below.
- Develop functional interaction requirements and design documentation
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows
- Articulate ideas through navigation and workflow models, mockups, wireframes, static and functional prototypes, discussion and usability testing
- Use and create pattern libraries to standardize interactions across the product
- Understand and evangelize user centered design and product development processes, standards and best practices
- Participate in design review sessions, explain design concepts and decisions to product/development team, clients and stakeholders
- Communicate on a regular basis with product/development team and managers
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative research results and translating them into actionable design solutions.
- Minimum 5 years in User Experience Design, Information Architecture or a related field
- Deep knowledge and experience with advanced web-based user interface specifications, metaphors, and information architectures
- Understanding of Human Factors and experience in applying user-centered design methods
- Strong experience in developing storyboards, wireframes, and similar user interface definition and illustration techniques
- Superior problem-solving skills and a passion for challenges
- Ambitious, creative, detail-oriented self-starter with strong analytical and project management skills
- Passionate about making great products and exceptional user experiences
- Ability to perform well independently and equally productive in a team environment
- A strong balance of design skills and technical expertise and an outstanding portfolio
- Experience with Section 508 accessibility and alternatives to achieve 508 standards
- Understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of RWD best practices and principles
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field.
- Ability to lead meetings, present capably, and interact effectively with team members
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)