TOPEKA, KS – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Payless ShoeSource in its search for an IT Marketing Manager based in Topeka, KS. This is one of the best Topeka IT jobs going.
Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company’s mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for its customers.
The IT Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting internal and 3rd party applications and processes leveraged by the Marketing business unit. These systems include, in part, CRM components (customer data capture and management, campaign management, and performance reporting), customer satisfaction survey tool, customer and transaction data utilization, and BI Tools and Campaign Management. The IT Marketing Manager should have a working knowledge of supporting a Marketing and CRM business unit, system processes and applications.
In addition to owning the responsibility of the Marketing business relationship and vendor management; the IT Marketing Manager is also responsible for the production support of these systems, which includes incident management, root cause analysis, service level performance management, as well as routine planned support activities. The role will coordinate internal and 3rd party resources for troubleshooting, software installations, and facilitates end-user testing and training. Additionally, this position will lead the solution delivery team supporting and delivering information systems for Marketing and Ecommerce.
The IT Marketing Manager’s core responsibilities are:
- Business Relationship Management in support of the Marketing function, CMO, and Staff
- Successfully managing business partner priorities and expectations
- Identifying solutions that can help improve business performance
- Challenging the ideas and current process
- Being a trusted advisor to the function areas on future business capabilities and technology direction in support of the company strategy
- Ensuring strategic projects deliver on-time, in scope and within budget
- Reducing the incident run rate for systems the team supports
- Maintaining system health and responsiveness in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- Responsible for the operational stability of all systems supported by ensuring the team sources, defines, develops, and maintains the applications software portfolio and the full suite of systems
Additionally, this role is responsible for:
- Collaboratively engaging with various business owners to define and prioritize system issues
- Communicating the status of all issues by effectively communicating an issue’s impact; implementing and coordinating a release management schedule with a detailed plan for each release and updates to accurately reflect status; and maintaining an accessible knowledgebase of current and resolved issues and their impact
- Collaborating with the business systems analyst(s) and architect(s) to define and prioritize enhancements in Alignment with the support team’s core responsibilities
- Ensuring adherence to the company’s SDLC (System Development Life Cycle), ITIL Change Management, and Service Management processes
- Adherence to budget and quality constraints through a published, post-implementation analysis.
The IT Marketing Manager works with their team, solutions delivery, data center, technical support, Customer Service Desk and various business users in the development of assigned applications. In addition to being self-motivated, the manager communicates and works collaboratively across departments, and is supportive of their needs.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong (or Exceptional) communication and influence skills
- Strategic vision
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Proven executive presence and demeanor
- Knowledge of retail industry trends, best practices, and new developments
- Strong leadership skills at leading teams through challenge and change
- Ability to demonstrate strong qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills
- Ability to effectively lead teams of internal, external, and matrix associates of 30+ members
- Proven track record of delivering large strategic projects
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems and processes, BI Tools (Reporting) and Campaign Management.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a leadership/management role.
- Experience in Release Management, Change Management or related Projected Management.
- Fluency in PC/Windows skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work across functional lines, and at many levels.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on assigned tasks independently and assesses and execute without direction.
- Have demonstrated leadership on projects.
- Well defined knowledge of business processes, practices, and applications.
- Experience leading large scale initiatives > $2M
- Project Management experience
- Experience managing IT resources with C#, .NET, and WCF or similar open systems development.
- SQL and database design
- Ecommerce Systems Experience.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.