CLEARWATER, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with FKQ Advertising in their search for an Interactive Technical Project Manager based in Clearwater, FL. As one of our top clients, FKQ is a full-service ad agency that has been in business for 50 years. As true partners with their clients, FKQ goes beyond just providing strategy and purchasing media. They’re a seamless extension of their clients and provide any service that helps grow the client’s business. This kind of partnership leads to longstanding relationships that go back further than 25 years.
At FKQ, “Whatever It Takes” (WIT) is more than a philosophy. It’s in their DNA. It is the guiding principle they put into practice every single day. They explore. They discover new ideas. They bring strategic insight to life with a passion for great work and generating results.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage and execute large scale web site development projects and interactive marketing initiatives for FKQ Clients. The Project manager not only needs to manage these projects but also be proficient in documentation defining a client’s requirements for a particular project. The Project Manager takes a project from initial conception and scoping through completion, including trafficking and reporting throughout the project and maintaining budget and schedule parameters.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Interactive Technical Project Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Eliciting requirements using interviews, documenting analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and work flow analysis.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivering the following artifacts as needed
- Driving and challenging business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and product management skills are required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serving as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Developing requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Acting as production lead for interactive projects including online banner advertising, microsites, website development, mobile/site app development, search engine marketing, email marketing, etc.
- Managing the project team resources through creation of detailed and accurate project descriptions, estimates, functional and technical specifications, schedules, timelines and written status reports throughout the Web site development and eMarketing process
- Documenting all aspects of project development through the use of project extranets, meeting notes, change request forms, and other documentation
- Understanding and following the established project development and change management process and contributes to this process
- Creating and Managing project plans and being responsible for seeing them through task execution
- Providing weekly status reports, project tracking updates and overall assessments to Managing Director of Interactive and team
- Working with the Managing Director of Interactive to manage resources for the project, including utilization of team resources, forecasting and budget management.
- Keeping the project team informed on specific and overall progress
- Authoring and maintaining project plans, project briefs, Statements of Work, change control procedures and cost estimates with input from team members, as needed
- Excellent planning, follow-through, time management, traffic and project management skills required
- Responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment.
- Must be an active participant on the team and possess a strong ability to develop and maintain best practices associated to producing and overseeing projects through all phases of planning, creative development and production.
Job requirements: This position requires a minimum of 4-5 years of project management experience, including:
- Strong organization, communication, and motivational skills
- A self-starter attitude; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to interact with people at all levels within the organization
- Client-facing experience
- Understanding of traditional PM process
- Knowledge and experience managing large projects, using project plan management software, and expert level management of budget management and financial reporting
- Experience developing large enterprise or Internet projects
- Experience with documenting business requirements for large interactive marketing projects.
- Experience implementing SEO tactics within Website development
- Internet and/or software development, software and/or systems integration consulting preferred
- Experience managing eMarketing campaigns
- Interactive agency experience
Specific MUST HAVES:
- Proven experience with defining and drafting Business requirements for technical interactive projects
- Experience with working with a Client to define specific needs and provide recommendations for requested technical projects
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Manage the project team resources through creation of detailed and accurate project descriptions, estimates, functional and technical specifications, schedules, timelines and written status reports throughout the Web site development and eMarketing process
- Active participant and a strong ability to develop and maintain best practices associated to producing and overseeing projects through all phases of planning, creative development and production.
Besides resume, compensation and timing on availability, please also provide samples:
- Business Requirements document they have completed
- Timeline and Status reports they have completed
- Estimating examples – for how they determine pricing and scope of projects
- Examples of websites they have worked on (so we can see the level of projects they have managed)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. In your email, please provide a link to your creative samples along with a category listing of client experience. Please note client names or industries.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)