METRO BOSTON, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Samsonite in its search for a Director of Ecommerce based in the Boston metro area (Mansfield, MA 02048). This is one of the coolest metro Boston ecommerce jobs available. Samsonite offers an environment where you’ll get to take responsibility for your own success while wearing a lot of hats. The firm’s work ethic is balanced by fun and energy, plus a strategy that works for Samsonite as it continues to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard, and be respected while having a job the challenges you? Look no further …
The strengths of Samsonite are numerous:
The Brands: Not only is the Samsonite brand growing, but so are the firm’s other brands, American Tourister, High Sierra, and Hartmann — the firm’s premium brand. Samsonite is more for the moderate to upper moderate segment of the market, while American Tourister is the firm’s vaunted midmarket brand. High Sierra serves the outdoor lifestyle space. Samsonite is building its business across multiple channels including digital. Each of these brands has its own website.
Corporate culture: Samsonite is incredibly employee friendly. The firm spends a great deal of time and energy reviewing and analyzing its employee satisfaction levels. This responsiveness to employee needs has resulted in nearly nonexistent employee turnover. The previous Director of Ecommerce was with the firm for 12 years, and Samsonite executives can tell stories of successful employees who have left, missed the firm, and later returned. How often do you hear that?
An entrepreneurial spirit: You’re never far from a decision-maker, and in many cases people make their own decisions and run their own businesses. If you need a lot of structure or someone to tell you what to do, this isn’t the place for you. Samsonite requires a certain personality and mindset for success. People who need their hands held tend not to last.
About the Role:
Samsonite’s Director of Ecommerce will contribute to the firm’s success through the development and execution of strategic business plans, including digital merchandising and marketing strategies that will support Samsonite’s aggressive ecommerce sales growth going forward.
In this role, you will …
- Be responsible for driving sales and increasing conversion for all ecommerce sites and channels, working in partnership with the Merchandising, Marketingand Retail teams.
- Lead the Site Marketing and Analytics.
- Drive the adoption of a customer centric mindset by leading the development of business requirements that will evolve the customer experience making it easier and more compelling to do business with Samsonite.
- Work across the company to build broad understanding and support for emerging digital consumer trends in the marketplace and the impact customer adoption will have on the company.
- Identify solutions that best position Samsonite for success in the changing consumer marketplace. Models and acts in accordance with Samsonite’s guiding values and mission.
- Lead the development of merchandising and marketing messaging plans in partnership with merchandising and marketing leadership teams to deliver successful financial results.
- Build business partnerships with strategic product vendors that support the growth of the ecommerce business.
- Ensure teams are actively applying customer insights and business performance data to the development of strategic and tactical direction.
- Stay current on industry best practices and issues, assessing and communicating their potential impact on the business.
- Build the organization’s capabilities required to implement and support the eCommerce strategic plan.
- In concert with other eCommerce leaders, continue to build internal awareness and understanding of the impact eCommerce has on and the value eCommerce delivers to consumers.
- In partnership with Samsonite’s Management team, prioritize the development of new site functionality, interfaces, and services.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key individual stakeholders and partner teams throughout Samsonite.
- Deliver annual team resource, expense, and performance plans in support of eCommerce goals and objectives.
- Communicate progress, obstacles and solutions to partners and management for the successful delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Ensure effective negotiations with vendors and that contractual performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Build capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication and supervision efforts.
- Create a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establish trust and inspire others.
- Make effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with Samsonite’s values and ethics.
- Deliver on commitments and hold others to same.
- Champion the organization and advocate solutions that are in the overall Company’s best interest.
- Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the resolution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidate information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Consider the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Foster positive change in company’s direction.
- Effectively plan and execute changes.
- 5+ years progressive ecommerce management experience required.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in ecommerce preferred
- Knowledge of retail and distribution processes with experience in multi-channel retailing preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or related field. MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in balancing and managing the creative aspects of building effective ecommerce consumer experiences while achieving the quantitative demands of cross-channel sales.
- Proven experience establishing vision and goals; developing strategic and tactical plans; and leading cross-divisional teams in accomplishing key strategic initiatives required
- Knowledge of business principles from multiple disciplines and ability to apply these principles in driving change/outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities required.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 4, 2013.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 4, 2013.
Get our latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)