GREENSBORO, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
The Best Ecommerce Manager Job in Greensboro …
We are working with a confidential client based in scenic Greensboro, NC. This client seeks an Ecommerce Manager to manage all aspects of its growing ecommerce businesses including, marketing strategy, product strategy, site navigation, and other online marketing, website design, customer service, web analytics and web technologies with the goal of driving traffic and increasing revenue.
My friend So Young Park, who leads product strategy for Oracle Commerce, was kind enough to create an animated video of a day in the life of an ecommerce manager. This cartoon is a pretty close approximation of what this job entails.
As usual, we have a ton of proprietary intel on this client’s ecommerce business, but because this search is confidential we cannot post it here. Ask us for it.
Ecommerce Marketing Strategy (40%)
- Drive online sales and improve the online customer experience to achieve company targets.
- Identify and manages organizational changes needed to meet goals involving e-business strategies.
- Partner with Director of Marketing to shape ecommerce strategy and execute initiatives to better serve the firm’s customer.
- Maximize brand awareness through the ecommerce website and associated marketing tools.
- Partner with marketing/merchandising on site functionality and recommend new features/functionality designed to increase conversion and revenue.
- Conduct ongoing research on ecommerce trends, methods and strategies.
Implementation & Administration (30%)
- Manage day to day site operations.
- Prioritize and manage projects to their timeline, resources and budget.
- Staff management including documenting and communicating objectives, conducting performance reviews, and appropriately addressing individual or group performance issues.
- Partner with IT to develop online exclusives and ecommerce focused marketing initiatives.
- Manage partnerships with internal/external agencies to optimize website performance, customer experience and drive online sales.
- Continually evaluate online quality and service levels.
- Continually monitor health and performance of brand.
- Constantly evaluate new digital and ecommerce opportunities and make recommendations to director on which avenues to pursue.
- Analyze all digital marketing events to determine success of event.
- Analyze data to determine website effectiveness.
- Analyze fan response to social media posts.
The most complex aspect of this position will be developing successful ecommerce marketing strategy. This will require constant analysis of digital media and programs offered. Evaluating the success of current programs and developing and predicting future success of digital programs will require planning, detailed analysis and creative thinking.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technology and sophisticated analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a proven track record of leadership across functional lines that delivers business results.
- Proven track record in creating and executing online marketing strategies to retain customers.
- Strategic thinker.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel.
- Understanding of all things “digital media” including but not limited to ecommerce, social media, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing programs and apps.
- Able to manage all aspects ecommerce marketing.
- Able to communicate effectively with strong presentation skills, creative, flexible.
- Highly organized, ability to manage multiple projects at once, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Team player. Professional. Dependable.
- Some travel required.
- 5 years’ experience with at least three in the area of online marketing or ecommerce
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree preferably with Marketing focus. MBA desirable.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Richard Pirkle. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Richard for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)