LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Transamerica in their search for a Social Media Analyst based in Los Angeles, CA. Transamerica is a leading provider of insurance, investments, and retirement products and services. You’ve probably seen Transamerica’s pyramid building provide character to the San Francisco skyline since you were a kid. The firm’s mission is to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect, and preserve their hard-earned assets utilizing its exclusive solutions.
Transamerica seeks a world-class Social Media Analyst for its newly formed enterprise online marketing group. This analytical social marketer will work closely with the social strategist of the company, other optimization channel analysts (i.e. SEM/SEO), as well as divisional social marketing teams to understand what is happening on Transamerica’s social channels – across devices, why and recommendations on what management should do about it.
To get this gig, you’ll need a proven track record of understanding social metrics, how they relate to a business like Transamerica’s and use that information to engage and empower TA’s social audience.
Ideally, you’ll have a business background at either a start-up or online agency and be able to utilize past experiences in matrixed organizations to effectively at interacting intra-departmentally as well as externally with TA’s internal partner clients on both a technical and marketing analytics level utilizing different platforms to optimize user engagement, earned media and other KPIs.
This opportunity is ideal for the candidate that is:
- Ready to step into a larger role at a bigger company with plenty of up-side
- Looking to move from the crazy agency world to the pulled-together client side
- Desires the freedom and entrepreneurship of a startup with the resources, budget and stability of a big company
- Data driven and relies on data and past social analytics experience to drive sound decisions and recommendations for the social team
- Hungry to make a difference, be heard and have their work be recognized
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledgeable social analyst with firm understanding of how business works, social analytics, drivers and ability to make recommendations to improve performance.
- Experience in creating, defining, maintaining social analytics dashboards and presenting to senior management.
- Data driven analytical marketer that understands core KPIs in regards to social.
- Ability to manage vendors, manage multiple projects and ongoing system delivery.
- Excellent communicator that is able to distill technical and marketing lingo into understandable, actionable takeaways for management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization including operations, technology, marketing, sales and senior management.
- Aware of the tremendous opportunity in the financial services space to own social space and of the cutting edge solutions available that will lead to competitive advantage in social space.
- Technically savvy in the social analytics.
- Understanding of B2B and B2C social analytics and how different audiences respond to social.
- Evidence of gathering data, summarization and creating actionable plans.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Financial Services experience and/or working in a complex retail/eCommerce environment with third-party distribution is a plus.
- This is primarily an optimization role utilizing social analytics data to provide actionable insight into what is happening online, why and recommend courses of action to improve metrics.
- Conduct social analytics gap at the enterprise and divisional level and provide benchmarks.
- Understand and conduct analysis on the social analytics platforms different divisions are using and why.
- Provide insight into which social content, campaigns, themes, strategies and tactics are working, which are not working and why.
- Create, manage, distribute and provide summary executive dashboards on social analytics.
- Researches and tracks competitive intelligence on social.
- Creates social KPIs and holds social team accountable to them.
- BA preferred or relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in social analytics preferably on the client side but agency side managing client social analytics works as well.
- Prior industry experience with companies known for being cutting-edge in digital commerce and/or financial services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and highly effective presenter.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)