SALT LAKE CITY, UT – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Sundance Catalog in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Salt Lake City, UT.
Reporting to the President and CEO (and eventually, to Sundance’s new VP of Marketing), This position holds P/L responsibility for all aspects of the Sundance Catalog Ecommerce division. Responsibilities include the strategic development and management of new and existing initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability for the on-line channel.
This position will manage initiatives such as site design, search engine marketing, affiliate programs, retargeting, display advertising, partner site marketing, social media and content marketing. This position will work closely with IT, Marketing, Creative and Merchandising. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in creating, driving and executing an online marketing strategy with marked results. The ideal candidate should have experience working in a dynamic multi-channel environment and hold high standards in offering an exceptional online customer experience across desktop, tablet and mobile.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Founded by Robert Redford in 1989, Sundance Holdings Group is a fast growing, aspirational and lifestyle brand beloved by its affluent, female customers. Sundance is leading multi-channel retailer, selling through ecommerce, catalog and retail channels.
The Sundance Brand elevates the traditions of authentic American heritage into a sophisticated and creative style. The Company grew out of Robert Redford’s love for the wilderness of Sundance Resort in Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, and the brand appeals to those who aspire to be out in the wide open spaces. The brand represents freedom, independence, and creative expression — and these roots continue to provide core guiding values as Sundance evolved into a broad commercial success. Its distinctive look is “sophisticated, yet rugged and whimsical, and is on-trend yet timeless in its style.”
Sundance’s core customers are affluent, educated women who are very loyal.
Sundance brand awareness is geographically broad and benefits from the halo effect of other Sundance entities (e.g., The Sundance Film Festival, The Sundance Channel, Sundance Cinemas and Sundance Resort). As a result, nearly 75% of the population has an un-aided awareness of the Sundance brand.
The Company offers a thoughtfully curated mix of unique, premium-quality apparel, jewelry, accessories, footwear, art and home décor, which convey affordable luxury and support the lifestyle brand positioning. The assortment is well-balanced and carefully selected to reinforce the Sundance brand’s unique point of view, its connection with its authentic roots, and simple classic style.
Sundance offers seamless home shopping both online and through its catalogs, as well as two high-end retail stores and one outlet store. The Company forecasts continued double-digit growth in its direct channel and believes that a retail rollout represents an additional path to deeper brand penetration. Sundance’s direct-to-consumer channel is built around the collection and analysis of rich customer data that allows for highly targeted marketing. The ecommerce division is growing double digits in driving “pure” ecommerce traffic (non-catalog) and is a large focus for the future of the company.
Outlook for 2013: Continued ecommerce growth.
With its strong brand heritage, the breadth of categories it offers and exceptional conversion benchmarks across all devices, the company has high expectations for the Ecommerce division. As one of the top initiatives of the business growth strategy, the company is investing in conversion, traffic building and content-driven initiatives.
Essentially, the client needs an A-player to build on the company’s resounding ecommerce success of the last two years by concentrating on customer acquisition, content and social media.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and implement marketing plan for Sundance Catalog Ecommerce division.
- Recommend, develop and manage innovative online strategies to support online objectives and initiatives.
- Develop and execute a channel integration plan with offline marketing plan.
- Develop and manage Ecommerce marketing budget. Own ROI analysis across all online initiatives to identify revenue driving opportunities and to exit less profitable programs.
- Increase unique visitors and overall site conversion through the development of new programs and improvement to existing programs.
- Partner with IT to ensure website is implementing SEO best practices. Manage site content and placement to support SEO objectives and improve company rankings.
- Successfully implement paid search program through testing and maximizing non-Sundance branded keywords.
- Manage and evaluate Affiliate marketing programs, ensuring the filters of the Sundance brand are adhered to.
- Explore, test and make recommendations for social media and content marketing as appropriate.
- Deploy A/B testing platform with quantifiable test objectives and actionable results across emails, homepage, landing pages and product pages.
- Make recommendations to optimize web functionality, site architecture, user interface and navigation.
- Work with merchandising for optimal merchandising and product positioning, optimal internal search results, resulting in improved site conversion.
- Provide frequent reports to Senior Management on site performance with the ability to make adjustments as business requires.
- Utilize Omniture web analytics to enhance site navigation, gateway pages, product placement and path to purchase.
- Stay in front of technological advances and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Enhance marketing research efforts online via additional survey tools.
- Work closely with Creative Director in managing online brand positioning.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years online marketing experience including a high proficiency in email, SEM and affiliate marketing, web analytics and online best practices.
- Must have a good understanding of online merchandising and brand positioning.
- Must have a good understanding of catalog direct marketing and customer segmentation.
- Must possess a proven track record in creating, driving and executing an online marketing strategy resulting in marked results.
- Must have excellent analytical, business writing, and project management skills.
- A self-starter and team player with track record of developing creative, results-oriented ideas and moving them toward implementation and completion.
- A strong communicator and a great writer with exceptional interpersonal and quantitative skills. Experience in b2c retail and catalog is preferred.
The perfect candidate:
- Strategic thinker and “business owner” mentality
- Forward-thinking vision; ability to anticipate opportunity
- Proven track record in growing a business via effective ecommerce strategies
- Understands multi-channel marketing
- Ad spend, ROI and LTV; understands revenue attribution and long term gain
- Ecommerce innovation and passion; holds a strong go-forward vision on digital
- Has proven track record in driving brand awareness and customer engagement through the digital medium
- Immersed in industry advancements and trend analysis
- Passion, passion, passion!
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)